• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madagascan Darwin bark spider gives oral up to 100 times during sex with female mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Today in Gaborn News...

Article is a few days old, but it just popped over my feeds.

IT’S not often we think of spiders as superior to humans, but one particular species puts us males to shame.

A new study entitled ‘spider behaviours include oral sexual encounters’ discovered the species has a “rich sexual repertoire” and is keen to engage in marathon cunnilingus sessions with its female counterparts.

At first, this may not seem like strangest thing in the world, however scientists were quick to point out oral sex is an infrequent occurrence in the animal kingdom.

While mammals such as lemurs, lions, dolphins and bats are known to partake in such pleasures, the behaviour in spiders is exceedingly rare — only seen in widows.
Lead researcher Matjaz Gregoric said a two week study of the spiders discovered that the male species — who are 14 times lighter and 2.3 times smaller than the females — routinely took oral sex past foreplay.

“Oral sexual contact seems to be an obligate sexual behaviour in this species as all males did it before, in between, and after copulation, even up to 100 times,” he said in a statement.

Despite acting selflessly towards their lady lovers, things aren’t great for the lads with researchers observing they often fall prey to “sexual cannibalism” from the females.

lShfjDI.gif

Snu snu me if old.

You know, I have severe arachnophobia and hate spiders (just seeing the gif makes me want to puke) but I have to applaud when any creature, no matter how small, gets oral.

Good on you, lady spider.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I miss Gaborn :(

#RIP my good friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom