• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M2 Announces New Arcade Shoot ’em Up Ikusaba & Sega Classics Arcade Line (Fantasy Zone) at JAEPO 2020

Bullet Club

M2 Announces New Arcade Shoot ’em Up Ikusaba & Sega Classics Arcade Line at JAEPO 2020

At Japan Amusement Expo today, where various makers show off upcoming arcade games, developer M2 announced a new shoot ’em up by the temporary name of Ikusaba. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]

While the title and a short trailer were shown off for the game, more information is set to be released via M2 themselves in the near future. Here are some more screenshots below:

W3padgx.jpg

oDF8yOK.jpg

Ikusaba (temp. name) will launch in Japanese arcades via Sega’s arcade platform ALL.Net P-ras MULTI Version 3 (APM3) in Fall 2020. It is one of 11 titles that were announced for the platform, including the other titles below:
  • Guilty Gear Strive
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition APM3 ver.
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]
  • Otoshoo DX
  • Umihara Kawase Fresh!
  • Rolling Gunner
  • Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai Version3
  • Goonya Fighter
  • Sega Classics (temp. name) (1st game: Fantasy Zone)
A5HE3FJ.jpg

Sega Classics was the other new announcement by M2 at JAEPO 2020, being a line of vintage Sega arcade titles that will be ported for arcade platforms with full M2 polish via APM3. Think of it as the Sega Ages line on Nintendo Switch, but released on modern arcade hardware instead. The first game announced is Fantasy Zone, and more will be announced in the future.

Ikusaba (temp.) is currently in development for arcade. Sega Classics (temp.) Fantasy Zone is currently in development for arcade.

Source: Siliconera

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, the art looks good, and these guys did make the Rebirth series, so they know how to do original works... neat. I'm a little surprised this wasn't announced for EXA Arcadia, though - I'd consider buying the arcade board if it was.

Top Bottom