• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Freesync

PaNaMa

Banned
So I've been playing Outriders demo on my Series X, which I have output to my 2015 Samsung JS8500 4K TV - and it's not a great experience. The framerate is very uneven I'm finding on Series X. Frequent dips while running, aiming, or just turning your character etc. And when it's not dipping, there's hitching or micro stutter or something and it's just not a smooth experience at all. The result is disruptive to gameplay, as it affects movement and aiming. Annoying.

Anyways I hooked the Series X to my LG PC monitor which supports AMD freesync, and I enabled VRR in the Xbox dashboard.
And wow, it's like a different fucking game. Smooth as silk, buttery framerate, no drops or hitching at all that I can perceive. It's a night and fucking day difference in feel when playing the game.

My next big TV is definitely going to need this technology. I highly encourage anyone who has the option to try it with their Series X.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Welcome to the future.

G-Sync/Freesync in TVs is a fantastic addition, and I'm never getting a monitor without it again. It's far too valuable when you've used it, and its value only increases with consoles supporting higher refresh rates.

Tearing makes me want to tear my eyeballs out, and I never got to sample G-Sync before I took the plunge on a £330 monitor the first time. Worth every penny.

Just buy a CRT

Yeah just buy an inefficient, heavy as fuck dead tech where the only remaining products are second hand but overpriced because no one ever remembers the drawbacks. I do want a CRT for old games

Last edited:
Top Bottom