• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Bloodborne is *amazing*

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
This game makes my hands shake after each session. Probably some of the most intense gameplay ever, not jist this generation.

And i mean gameplay. The feel of the game, the controls you have. Top notch. Still cant find anythinf better. Indont even think from software themselves can top this.

Maxim726X

It reminded me that I still love gaming, it's just that experiences like these are far and few between for me these days.

It's the only game this generation that completely entrapped me- I thought about playing it at work, I wanted to get up early to play it more, and I wanted to read the lore.

Definitely in my top ten. One of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Bloodborne is my first souls like game that I got into and I consider it to be way different than the souls games. I only played Demons Souls till about the second boss and gave up due to how slow that game was.

Bloodborne is already one of my favorite games this generation, top 3 with Uncharted 4 and Witcher 3. I'm at forbidden woods after about a month and have beaten every boss up until now fairly easily and it's such an amazing experience. Gascoigne was truly the only boss that gave me a lot of trouble but ever since it's really been about controlling the mobs and catching on the strategies on how to handle the bosses.

Can't wait to get further in this game. Really recommend it to anyone who never liked the slow and careful nature of Souls or just never liked that type of game. The aggressive combat and less punishing death system Imo, really makes this game much more approachable for newcomers. Still a hard game though.

Best wishes.

Sotha_Sil

I thought it was a decent entry in the Souls-like canon, but never felt a desire to replay it. It felt exactly like another souls game despite the changes. Lack of different builds killed replay value and Chalice dungeons were junk.

The art direction, finding the hidden stages, and music were great, though. Level design was mostly very strong. The lore was fascinating too, even if the NPCs weren't.

E3 2017

182a0b-1466533476.png

That last big 'news' FROM interview I read where they shot down any notion of Bloodborne 2 being in the making almost made me nauseous in response.

IconGrist

I earned the Platinum trophy last week and grabbed all the Old Hunters trophies. Still feel a very real need to continue playing, lol.

Cess007

This game makes my hands shake after each session. Probably some of the most intense gameplay ever, not jist this generation.

And i mean gameplay. The feel of the game, the controls you have. Top notch. Still cant find anythinf better. Indont even think from software themselves can top this.

I remember my hands shaking after the Gerhman fight. I haven't felt that since I beat Old King Allant.

cakely

Watch this video. Parrying the Winter Lanterns is incredibly rewarding, because if you are in the middle of a visceral animation, the frenzy won't damage you. They're also very easy to parry, with a generous window and only one attack you have to learn the timing for.

Nice! I've got the Platinum in Bloodborne and I had no idea that was something you could do.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
This right here is free moaning guys.

Is he not allowed to bring up legitimate issues with the game or something? He's far from the only person to complain about the awful chromatic aberration effect - as in his case, it causes me eyestrain, though thankfully not to the point of having to swear off the game. It's absurd that there's no option to disable that shit.

I feel ya, sir!
I can only do bb in semi small playing sessions because it all becomes to intense and it affects me even after I set the controller down. Real talk, GAF. Infanct, I need to buy digital so I can jump in and out effortlessly.

IconGrist

I feel ya, sir!
I can only do bb in semi small playing sessions because it all becomes to intense and it affects me even after I set the controller down. Real talk, GAF. Infanct, I need to buy digital so I can jump in and out effortlessly.

I'm at a point now where I'm a little over-leveled and pretty much have the enemy locations and tactics imprinted on my brain. Digital definitely helped with that because of how quickly I could get in and out. Whenever I had the itch I could play immediately.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I absolutely loved the game. My friend got it for Christmas, and I was over at his place while he was playing through the early parts of the game... and now I feel like it's time to dive back in for another go-round. I haven't even played the DLC yet, so I guess there are plenty more surprises in store.

I've struggled to keep up with modern gaming over the years. I've owned all of the major consoles but only kind of got into Gears of War and Mass Effect 1-3. All of those games were fun but I always felt myself gravitating back to Super Nintendo favorites I'd played a thousand times over.

Then I played Bloodborne and something clicked. I churned through the game with that same exhilarated feeling I had as a child, playing Super Metroid for the first time. The ambiance and Lovecraftian influence, the attention to every single detail, the varied areas and enemies and skill needed to topple some huge bosses is exactly what I wanted in modern games but never really found until BB.

Now I'm waiting until the Switch reveal in hopes that a DS trilogy is on its way and plan to play through that series as well. While the medieval setting isn't super appealing to me everything else about those games seems like they were made with a reverence for skill-based action games from forever ago.

Gah I love this game. Gonna run through again now.

Just finished it for the first time yesterday, as well. Had beaten Amelia and took a break for FFXV, but I couldn't stay away. Game is definitely amazing.

Saw Cleaver for life.

Alright gaf I'm gonna ask this, I love bloodborne so much I've invested 300hrs in it and on NG+8 right now.

So I already know the boss fights of the DLC and pretty much the story, should I buy it?
It's on sale right now.

I know I will love the DLC and I know it is amazing judging by all of hype for it here, but knowing the story and bosses is kinda turning me off.

So help me here gaf.

black070

Alright gaf I'm gonna ask this, I love bloodborne so much I've invested 300hrs in it and on NG+8 right now.

So I already know the boss fights of the DLC and pretty much the story, should I buy it?
It's on sale right now.

I know I will love the DLC and I know it is amazing judging by all of hype for it here, but knowing the story and bosses is kinda turning me off.

So help me here gaf.

Yes ! The question is, why on Earth haven't you bought it already ?! Since you're on NG+8, surely you're aware knowing what's to come doesn't make the experience any less stellar ?

Anoxida

It's on sale right now.

So help me here gaf.

You just think you know. Trust me, you don't. Buy it.

If nothing else to support From.

Wait, the PSN sale is over already? Shit.
No, the current sale is good to this Tuesday. He/she is talking about a past sale.

Yep, very tense boss fights had my hands shaking several times.

It's on sale right now.

So help me here gaf.

That's a supremely odd problem to have considering you finished the game a freaking 8 times and one would assume you'd know the bosses and story by the second time.

Yes ! The question is, why on Earth haven't you bought it already ?! Since you're on NG+8, surely you're aware knowing what's to come doesn't make the experience any less stellar ?

Games are pretty expensive in my country and I'm still a student, so priorities I guess.

I wanted to buy it at release so much but couldn't so I watched videos of it on youtube.

You just think you know. Trust me, you don't. Buy it.

If nothing else to support From.

Yea I think I'll just do it. Cheers guys.

That's a supremely odd problem to have considering you finished the game a freaking 8 times and one would assume you'd know the bosses and story by the second time.

I meant the story and bosses of the DLC.

Link? I don't remember them ever definitively saying they wouldn't do another.

I can't find the ACTUAL interview I was referring to, but here's another quote:

"On top of this, further attempts to ask about a Demon's Souls remake were met with confirmation that old or new games in the existing Dark Souls, Bloodborne or Demon's Souls universe are unlikely for several years.

"We want to try making new things," Miyazaki said. "There's absolutely no plan right now for any sequels, spin-offs or tie-ins. But I can't say for certain the possibility is zero per cent. For example, if a From Software developer come to me five years from now and beg 'please let me make another Dark Souls' then I will not rule out the possibility to let my subordinates start a new project.""

http://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-series/no-plan-for-more-dark-souls-or-bloodborne-says-miyazaki-as-from-software-get-to-work-on-new-ip

The interview I was referring to was kind of the last big one with 'new' statements and there was a line in there that very specifically stated that there are currently no plans for Bloodborne 2 as well. I can't find the damn thing right now though, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, link it please.

royox

It's on sale right now.

So help me here gaf.

Since when Soulsborne content is more about the ""story"" and not about "I'M GOING TO KILL THEM"? Go get it and enjoy the impossibleness of Orphan in NG+9...my gosh.

.la1n

The only game that has managed to give me the same adrenaline rush that fighting games do. Bosses in particular are nerve wracking in a good way. If there is no sequel on the horizon I can only hope they take this more offensive approach to another game soon.

Zesh

Every LTTP thread for this game just reminds me how amazing it is and makes me want to replay it. The game is simply superlative in nearly every aspect: combat, level design, art direction, atmosphere, enemy design, lore. Truly a masterpiece and a generation defining game.

Gbraga

Since when Soulsborne content is more about the ""story"" and not about "I'M GOING TO KILL THEM"? Go get it and enjoy the impossibleness of Orphan in NG+9...my gosh.

The story is actually my favorite part of Bloodborne, haha. It's just that the rest is so good that you don't get the proper idea when I say that. Usually when you say that the story is the best thing, people assume the rest isn't nearly as good. In Bloodborne, everything is amazing.

So yeah, definitely worth it even if you know the story. The Old Hunters is just more on that world and characters, rather than a brand new story to explore, anyway.

sn00zer

I feel like I am crazy since I hated the dlc. It was too hard and tpiped bloodborne great challenge into frustrating challenge.

Gbraga

I feel like I am crazy since I hated the dlc. It was too hard and tpiped bloodborne great challenge into frustrating challenge.

It's definitely a lot more challenging than the base game, but I'm of the opinion that Bloodborne could use a little more challenge.

Nowadays it doesn't really matter, since after a few playthroughs none of them can really challenge you that much, but some bosses were disappointingly easy on my first playthrough.

I was glad to have my ass kicked by three of the DLC's bosses on NG++. One of them was kind of shit, though.

I think the main problem with the DLC is harder than the vanilla game but you can access the nightmare zone in Lv 25-30 right after Amelia which is the first serious boss you encounter, the suggested level for the first DLC boss is around Lv 70-80 so its a lot of difference in difficulty and may lead to frustration if you are on your first run or not well prepared with a +8 weapon.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

i haven't started the DLC yet but if it makes the game more difficult then fantastic. I honestly feel now that the game is too easy. A couple bosses I had to fight a few times but the majority of them I've beat on first try. I'm only on my second playthrough.

That last big 'news' FROM interview I read where they shot down any notion of Bloodborne 2 being in the making almost made me nauseous in response.

I'll probably be shot down for this but... Bloodborne doesn't need a sequel. A spiritual successor maybe, but not a direct sequel.

RAWRferal

Hey OP how approachable is this game for someone who enjoys Demon Souls/Dark Souls games, but is terrible at them?

I would say less so, as you don't have the crutch of a shield and have to rely on evasion and parrying as your main source of damage mitigation.

Having said that, this game is still a must play, keep at it and you'll get better!

Top Bottom