• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw remake titled Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP, delayed to summer 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP

Dragami Games has delayed the Lollipop Chainsaw remake from its previously planned 2023 release window to summer 2024, as well as announced its official title to be Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP. Platforms were not unannounced.

“Although development of RePOP was carried out with the intention of a 2023 release, our commitment to providing the best possible quality experience to our players led us to making the hard decision to extend the development period in order to ensure this,” Dragami Games said in a press release.

“We sincerely apologize to all who had been waiting for the latest installment in the Lollipop Chainsaw series, and kindly ask for your understanding in this matter.”

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I bought this last year and was a SLOG. Gameplay and mechanics very early 360 era. Was not interesting at all....other than the chick in a schoolgirl outfit.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They're going to fuck this up royally somehow. Most of the writing and humor simply wont fly today.

Glad I have an OG copy. Get em while you can.
They said other then the music for licencing issues nothing is being changed.

Last edited:

TGO

New artwork
vtlxOGP.png

Hehehehe hilarious how people welcome remakes of awful games and they scream at god when GOATs are remade.
GOATs don't need to be remade. That's why they are GOATs. Remasters (especially to bring it to more current platforms so there is easier access) are often good though, but also sometimes not, there's a difference.
Also, not sure who you are addressing here. Pretty much everyone thinks this game will be completely neutered for the sake of the modern agendas.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

GOATs don't need to be remade. That's why they are GOATs. Remasters (especially to bring it to more current platforms so there is easier access) are often good though, but also sometimes not, there's a difference.
Also, not sure who you are addressing here. Pretty much everyone thinks this game will be completely neutered for the sake of the modern agendas.
That is your point of view. I for one love remakes of GOATs. I rather pay again for a vastly revamped experience than just porting the game to a newer console for a quick update of the assets regarding improved resolution and the quality of textures and lighting that is boring and lazy.
It is not a matter of if X and Y games need to be remade or remastered. The company is offering a remake and for me if I loved the game enough, I will go back to that universe expecting something a little bit different and not the same. I know not everyone will be pleased and it’s impossible to please everyone and nowadays older and supposedly more mature people behave like whiny little bitches because the author of the remake “butchered” the fond memories that someone had of a certain game.

I do not take names so I am not addressing to anyone in particular, but, if you have been around when remakes are announced and released there is certain mob that will bitch about That for a very very long time and repeat themselves on the fact they are not happy and they are not going to buy such remakes and they want the rest of the people To think their way.
And I do not care about agendas I know we live in a very particular era where new ideologies are pushed into a lot of content. But I know I’m Not going to be brainwashed by that and I will take in the good parts I enjoy and discard the things I don’t like.

I’m usually a pretty big Suda51 fan, but on release this game seemed like the least inspired of any of Grasshopper’s games. It just felt like one big forced quirky shtick. Kooky cheerleader girl fights Zombies? How fun and quirky; only the creative genius of James Gunn could come up with such a thing! Let’s ignore the fact that zombies were old hat like 3 years prior. The main heroine wasn’t funny at all and just made annoying comments constantly.

And the gameplay/combat almost felt like a step back from even NMH1. At least the soundtrack was well selected licensed music. That being said of the 360/PS3 Suda/Grasshopper games Shadows of the Damned and Killer is Dead were way better.

Last edited:

TGO

I’m usually a pretty big Suda51 fan, but on release this game seemed like the least inspired of any of Grasshopper’s games. It just felt like one big forced quirky shtick. Kooky cheerleader girl fights Zombies? How fun and quirky; only the creative genius of James Gunn could come up with such a thing! Let’s ignore the fact that zombies were old hat like 3 years prior. The main heroine wasn’t funny at all and just made annoying comments constantly.

And the gameplay/combat almost felt like a step back from even NMH1. At least the soundtrack was well selected licensed music. That being said of the 360/PS3 Suda/Grasshopper games Shadows of the Damned and Killer is Dead were way better.
Yet strangely enough LPC was still is my favourite of the 3.
Wanna know when we're getting a trailer do we can see what it looks like.

Last edited:
That is your point of view. I for one love remakes of GOATs. I rather pay again for a vastly revamped experience than just porting the game to a newer console for a quick update of the assets regarding improved resolution and the quality of textures and lighting that is boring and lazy.
It is not a matter of if X and Y games need to be remade or remastered. The company is offering a remake and for me if I loved the game enough, I will go back to that universe expecting something a little bit different and not the same. I know not everyone will be pleased and it’s impossible to please everyone and nowadays older and supposedly more mature people behave like whiny little bitches because the author of the remake “butchered” the fond memories that someone had of a certain game.

I do not take names so I am not addressing to anyone in particular, but, if you have been around when remakes are announced and released there is certain mob that will bitch about That for a very very long time and repeat themselves on the fact they are not happy and they are not going to buy such remakes and they want the rest of the people To think their way.
And I do not care about agendas I know we live in a very particular era where new ideologies are pushed into a lot of content. But I know I’m Not going to be brainwashed by that and I will take in the good parts I enjoy and discard the things I don’t like.
Oh you don't take names and you're not addressing anyone in particular? Yet you decide that you want to bring into this thread, some meta discussion from comments you've read elsewhere? Nobody even referred to what you're talking about until you brought it up.

Not only that, you seem to have some hostility towards differing opinions since you're going as far as calling other members "whiny little bitches". What are you? Some fucking ball washer that thinks everyone should just accept anything their given? People have every right to reject completely middling and toothless games, especially when it's a remake or remaster that cuts content from the originals for no other reason than to appease the modern idiot.

Pallas

Gold Member
Kind of interested in this, I played the original on the 360 but never got around beating it. Sucks that it got delayed but hopefully this means it will be a better game for it.

Pejo

I have to say at least this guy seems passionate about the changes he's making to the game. A lot of companies would have just shit out a barebones port and not bothered with it. I'll probably pick it up just to support his passion for the game.

Top Bottom