• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Gematsu] Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP game design changed from remake to remaster

Dragami Games has changed the game design of Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP from “remake” to “remaster,” company president Yoshimi Yasuda said on Twitter.

The tweet reads: “We have changed the game design of RePOP from remake to remaster based on your requests!”

Yasuda did not share further details.

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP was originally announced in July 2022 as a remake of the 2012-released hack-and-slash action game. While originally planned for release this year, Dragami Games announced a delay to 2024 back in August.

Platforms for Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP have still yet to be announced.

Filben

Seriously, who gives a...

Like what is that going to change.
A remake can usually change a game quite tremendously. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. A remaster is typically more faithful to the original game as they typically increase resolution, offer wide-screen support for old games that haven't had it, add more and/or modern control schemes, iron out some bugs left in the original. Changes to the script and gameplay mechanics and characters usually don't happen in remasters but in remakes.

Look at Tomb Raider Anniversary how a remake looks and look at the announcement trailer for the remasters of TR1-3. This will convey quite good the difference on the same game.

Did you play the game at all? There's a lot of content that could potentially be deemed offensive today and end up being cut.
Screw the sensitive ones. Yes I did play it back in the day on Xbox 360.
Not a fan of changing content in the name of people being butthurt by anything and everything in 2023.
Add a warning, same as has been done for some shows/movies, and that is all.

Reaseru

After seeing the various screenshots of this "remake" with focus in the main character, i think no one thought it was going to be a full remake of the game. It had "remaster" glued on it since the beginning.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If the remaster retains all the music, all the original content and restores Juliet's original face then great. I think elaboration on what changed is required.

If 16 songs from LP is still cut due to licensing issues it'll be up to modders to put the music back into the game.

Gojiira

Lame…All the shit aspects, tiny arenas etc will all be the same 🙄
Remake was a opportunity to improve the combat and level design, fucking nonsense…

kunonabi

Good, because they sucked at remaking the character.

I still doubt that seashell bikini will survive.
Lots of things aren't going to survive. It's going to be even more jarring on a remaster. At least in a remake there would be more room to create new elements to replace the stuff getting taken out. I just don't see this whole thing working out.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Lots of things aren't going to survive. It's going to be even more jarring on a remaster. At least in a remake there would be more room to create new elements to replace the stuff getting taken out. I just don't see this whole thing working out.
They literally posted this as changes for modern audiences
20230105-232901-header2.jpg

And while people was pointing out the actual differences the joke went over their head.
The director even said later that besides some music due to licencing issues the game isn't being changed, story, script, gameplay, aesthetics will remain the same.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Akane is STILL best waifu, though

ranma 1/2 dancing GIF

Yeah and how long does a Lollipop Chainsaw remaster take? ffs up the rez and unlock framerate. Delayed for another year. Really incompetent devs at these places.
I think that about alot of these rereleases and remasters. They'll announce them a year two in advance. Why would it need to even take that long to release something like this.

Papa_Wisdom

This was one of my fave games on the 360. The fighting mechanics were good after unlocking the skill tree a bit, the humour was cheesy but more in a old school video game kind of way that is unfortunately frowned upon a lot these days, along with the unashamedly Sexy main character. It knew what it was and wasn’t afraid of it, and I loved it for that. Can’t wait for the remake.

I’ve even got a poster of her on my wall 😂
Lmv62Z2.jpg

Last edited:
I'll bet this game will look and play the same as it does on the PS3 emulator. That you can play right now for free if you know how.

Last edited:
I know I said this before, but I hope this is not censored. If it is, I'll stick to my RPCS3 version on PC if this remaster/remake ends up censored

Last edited:

Deerock71

Look at Tomb Raider Anniversary how a remake looks and look at the announcement trailer for the remasters of TR1-3. This will convey quite good the difference on the same game.
It's downloaded on my Switch and just TEASING me. The 14th can't get here fast enough!

Beechos

Who the hell wanted a remaster over a remake. Smh

I guess the fans were too worried about the remake adding woke stuff to it.

near

Gold Member
Fuck the shadows I wanna know how much of the soundtrack and dialogue will be butchered to "cater to a modern audience"
The soundtrack will almost certainly be different, as they've already confirmed that they've been unable to obtain some licensed music. Minor concerns over censorship, but nothing confirmed on that front.

Top Bottom