• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Teknoman

2nle61j.jpg

netguy503

Pungza said:

I was excited and then I looked at the link....

Jayden and MAYBE Ethan look like their characters. I don't get the Shelby or Madison AT ALL (especially the Shelby). MM are just being lazy now with this pack and the "more animals" (LOL...again WHY? and they looked worse then the first animal pack IMHO) one just to get money for LBP 2 and I don't like it one bit. MM didn't use to be like this. In fact it'd be nice to get at least one more level kit before LBP2 (making the final total a whopping three in 2 + years).

Again...buying for the Jayden and origami sackboy ONLY, those are the best ones and the most creative IMHO.

onken

Bleh, this game can be depressing sometimes, I put like a gajillion hours into my level and it's got hardly any plays. I could understand if people played it and rated it down, but nobody even trying it seems much worse :( Are the there any tips or tricks out there to try and increase visibility?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Unfortunately, TROPHIES and FREE SHIT! seem to be the only tags that will guarantee clicks.
If you post the name of your level, I will most certainly check it out next time I play LBP.

Heavy Rain costumes are awesome, I love the Nahmen one in particular. The parts will be good for making some slick-ass sackboys.

onken

I suspected as much :( Thanks for looking though man, I appreciate that. If you search for @onken you should find it easy, it's the mountain lair.

Wowbagger

onken said:
Bleh, this game can be depressing sometimes, I put like a gajillion hours into my level and it's got hardly any plays. I could understand if people played it and rated it down, but nobody even trying it seems much worse :( Are the there any tips or tricks out there to try and increase visibility?

Read Everything about the Cool Levels Pages.

I'll try your level later. Just gotta work a bit more on my upcoming masterpiece first. :cool:

It's pretty messed up how x3-power and Stephanie_Ravens (sp?) completely dominate the Cool Levels front page every bloody day with levels they've just copied.

this lot should keep you busy as you wait for LBP2 info to come in ;)

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 41

PS3

Seeking the Meaning : Prologue & Seeking the Meaning : Part 1 - The Temple Mire by Asbestos101/asbestos101
LBW5 - Zombification by OneEyedBanshee/OneEyedBanshee
Zimbonia by xX-Delirium-Xx/xX-Delirium-Xx
Temple Of The Ages by Dan930930/Dan930930
Roller INC by comphermc/comphermc
Post-apocalyptic 2 by anpostteller/anpostteller
Meerkat Pirate Island by GoreLoke/GoreLoke
Sleep Teleportation is no Laughing Matter by Nuffles/Nuffles
Wooden Platforms by ferrrch/ferrrch
Ghost of Sparta - The final showdown by kn0cked-0ut/kn0cked-0ut
Dragons of Myth: Iceland by Morgana25/Morgana25

PSP

Boot Camp by The Forgotten/Jysgdcv
Flat Down Journey by Spark151/Spark151
Lil' Racer by VelcroJonze/VelcroJonze
Rust Over & Die by carlosgrss/CARLOSGRSS
Air Raid by Captain Rule/Captain-Rule
Botafumeiro by salieri/SalieriAAX
Frostbite by Fastbro/Fastbro
In Search of Idols by Coxy224/Coxy224
Love Lost Sonata by jeffcu28/jeffcu28
Magical Forest (Survival Challenge) by ali985/Alismuffin
One Way Ticket by Bovrillor/Bovrillor

Some stuff I've been working on a bit more that will hopefully get tons of improvement with the LBP2 tools. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFdgyIObF3s

lbpzoe06.jpg

lbpzoe07.jpg

lbpzoe09.jpg

lbpzoe10.jpg

lbpzoe11.jpg

lbpzoe12.jpg

The level itself isn't done yet since I'm still tweaking its strength, but it should be done soon. Jehuty switches from long range to melee automatically, has a zero shift like boost, and some other random stuff which looks cool. :lol

Teknoman

Hey are the levels you make in LBP saved to your profile, or do they have individual save files? Because I just got the YLOD, managed to fix it long enough to copy all my save files to a flash drive...but didnt have time to make back ups of my levels in progress.

I know i've had the game from day 1, but i never checked.

4733891648_194ba2d8ba_b.jpg

Marvel DLC coming July 7th

Full list here:

Captain America
Daredevil
Doctor Octopus
Elektra
Ghost Rider
Green Goblin
Hulk
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
The Human Torch
Magneto
Mystique
The Punisher
Rogue
Spider-Man
Storm
The Thing
Thor
Venom
Wolverine

Plus, we’re also unveiling a spectacular Marvel Level Kit, which includes a four levels of adventure against the evil plans of Magneto. And of course, while you play through the levels, you’ll collect a huge assortment of Marvel-themed music , objects , materials , stickers , and a special “Rooftop” background to help you CREATE your own dastardly levels. Stay tuned to more details on the Marvel Level Kit next week

spats

deadpool_meatloaf.jpg

Sad that there's no DP. Still, I find it amazing that they're still releasing DLC for this. Guess it makes sense since it's transferable to LBP2.

Is there a separate thread or why is no one excited about the third Level addon coming to LPB?

Marvel Level Kit, which includes a four levels of adventure against the evil plans of Magneto
At least I guess it's not only like the collect-levels from editor-kits?

I wonder if it comes with a new gameplay mechanic (MGS4 -> Paintinator etc., PotC -> water etc.), but I guess we would have heard about that by now :/

I assume to additionally get all the costumes you would need to pay 4 x 5.99€, that's 24€/$...
Probably share with my buddy to get the ones we really want or look cool.

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 42

PS3

Rocket Knight Adventures by GEK83/GEK83
Motion Instigation 2 by Elguerogigante/Elguerogigante
Lost Ages IV by DeftMute/DeftMute
A Patchwork World by Malhat06/Malhat06
Incongruous Adventure by fullofwin/Elvenbane
STAR WARS: Return to the Death Star: err... Etc! by julesyjules/julesyjules
Sack of Persia and the Sands of Time by TOBSn08/TOBSn08
Dimension 555 by zynax555/Zynax555
The Odyssey: Part II (a) and (b) - The Rise of a Champion by Duffluc/Duffluc
Tye Dye 2! by Jaeyden/Jaeyden

PSP

Here and There by amazingflyingpoo/amazingflyingpoo
Invader Zim by ali985 and Play_the_Nerd/Alismuffin
A Royal Flush by kaiju_kid/Kaiju-kid
Water Works by SketchNZ/SketchNZ

enjoy :)

Ranger X

SolidusDave said:
oh... that means it's just a standard level kit, no MGS4/PotC-like addon :/

Well, at least there's no levels in standard level kits. This one is as huge as MGS4/POTC packs safe the trophies. Normal levels kits contain ALOT less stuff.

JRPereira

Heh, I totally forgot to check for a LBP thread after getting it as one of the first games on my PS3. Awesome stuff. Game's completely oozing with whimsy and childhood joy.

My PSN nickname is MercenaryJRP.

I've gone through a good chunk of the levels, played some stuff online - littlebigcontra is hard as hell, but really well designed.

Toyed with the level editor a bit so far. I published a very minor test level earlier (only goal was to make a level that had all of the basics, looked something other than terrible, and could be completed) and have been working on something a little more elaborate. Can't wait til I learn all of the tricks and glitches that can be useful for levels (that extra-layer glitch in particular will be useful for building elaborate custom backgrounds I'm sure).

--------------

[snip!]

[edit] Servers are already back up.

--------------------------

Well, haven't figured out how to take decent-sized screenshots yet, but the snap a photo thing has yielded these from my levels.

My current avatar:
me_01.jpg

First level - a few very minor puzzles, just to get some experience with the level editor.
level01_01.jpg
level01_02.jpg
level01_03.jpg
level01_04.jpg

Still not done - my second level - has you retracing the steps of a lost adventurer named Tristan and looking for treasure. For some reason on the 5th picture the moonlight is missing. I'm guessing some other effects aren't visible as well.

I've got a really awesome thunderstorm going on in the 4th pic - has flashes of lightning, rain everywhere, swaying trees (and the entire section of the level sways a bit too. When you get too close to the giant spiders (most of the time when you get close enough to be killed), there's this horrifyingly awesome screech sound that scares the bejeesus out of me.

level02_01.jpg
level02_02.jpg
level02_03.jpg
level02_04.jpg
level02_05.jpg
level02_06.jpg

--------------

I don't know what time I'd have available to do it (maybe a few hours every here and there at night, and especially on weekends), but it might be neat to collaborate on a level sometime.

JardeL

12980storystory_full-7737688..jpg

It's been nearly a year since we revealed that Marvel was coming to "LittleBigPlanet," the smash-hit PS3 game.

Now, finally, we can share with fans far and wide what the Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains will look like when the first Marvel DLC (downloadable content) hits "LittleBigPlanet" on July 6! Oh, and before you ask, yes--all Marvel costumes will be compatible with the upcoming "LittleBigPlanet 2"! ...

... Come back to Marvel.com tomorrow for your first look at another fantastic costume!
[ http://marvel.com/news/all.12980.first_look~colon~_iron_man_in_littlebigplanet ].

ombz said:
I was thinking about getting a ps3. Would it be better to wait for LBP2 or just go for the first one?
Depends on what you're doing. the LBP1: GOTY is great. All the content you unlocked in the first game carry over. which mean you'll have a lot of costumes for you to use in LBP2 along with the new ones! And if you're going to create i say yes. but anyways. it's worth it to have the first game if you're not going to really do much outside of that. :D

ombz

DMPrince said:
Depends on what you're doing. the LBP1: GOTY is great. All the content you unlocked in the first game carry over. which mean you'll have a lot of costumes for you to use in LBP2 along with the new ones! And if you're going to create i say yes. but anyways. it's worth it to have the first game if you're not going to really do much outside of that. :D

Thank you for your input:)
I wanted to wait until the reviews come, but since LBP1 costs less than a DS game I might just buy it.

netguy503

ombz said:
I was thinking about getting a ps3. Would it be better to wait for LBP2 or just go for the first one?

Considering that the GOTY edition is like $24 on Amazon I would say go for it. Also all LBP1 story levels WILL NOT be available in LPB2 and for that ALONE I say get LBP1. Also, if your a trophy whore, even though costumes/stickers transfer over that trophy list will not and your missing your chance to get two wonderful platinum's instead of 1 (and really, who doesn't want to turn on there ps3 to find a silver Sackboy waving to them on top of their trophy list). For all those reasons alone and combined I say get LBP1. But good luck with all the patching!:D :lol

It's sad that these new levels are confirmed to come out with no new trophy list or add on. I'm serious in saying that makes me want to wait for a Playstation Plus discount. :(

Wondering if anyone has run into this problem with LBP...

My PS3 broke like 4-5 months ago. No explanation as to why, and I got it fixed under my 3 year Target warranty, and they didn't even tell me what they did to fix it, but it works.

It broke while playing LBP. The system turned off and wouldn't turn on again. Several times during LBP before the break, it would just freeze completely.

I played LBP for the first time (I think) a couple days ago and I was getting a lot of tearing going on (I think that's the best way to describe it). I didn't get tearing last time, but it just makes me wonder, is LBP trying to kill my PS3?

netguy503

demosthenes said:
Wondering if anyone has run into this problem with LBP...

My PS3 broke like 4-5 months ago. No explanation as to why, and I got it fixed under my 3 year Target warranty, and they didn't even tell me what they did to fix it, but it works.

It broke while playing LBP. The system turned off and wouldn't turn on again. Several times during LBP before the break, it would just freeze completely.

I played LBP for the first time (I think) a couple days ago and I was getting a lot of tearing going on (I think that's the best way to describe it). I didn't get tearing last time, but it just makes me wonder, is LBP trying to kill my PS3?

LBP is the least of your PS3's worries. If you have trouble with this game, I wonder how your PS3 would respond to Uncharted 2.

OH god I'm sick to death of two assholes just spaming and spaming and not leting any real levels get on the cool pages its really sad

I cant believe anyone can live with themself acting like a asshole's like that, If i ever saw them i would slap them so fucking hard

netguy503

jump_button said:
OH god I'm sick to death of two assholes just spaming and spaming and not leting any real levels get on the cool pages its really sad

I cant believe anyone can live with themself acting like a asshole's like that, If i ever saw them i would slap them so fucking hard

slapping.....is for girls?

and Sackboys I guess :)

netguy503 said:
slapping.....is for girls?

and Sackboys I guess :)

Well i think they are fuck up in the head some how. Attention seeker's that never got a hug from they mum as a kid along with a warped view of they own personal greatness.

I hate anyone who want to be famous just for be famous and dont care what theu do or how they sell themself down to get it

JRPereira

Any else kind of annoyed by the bomb survival and race maps and the fact that due to how they're designed, they're destined to get higher play counts and thus always appear at the top of the cool maps lists? IMO due to the fact that you're forced to rate a map when you go back to the pod, that should generally count as your play session for the map - aka 1 play (and for group sessions where you can't rate the map, either add the ability for all participants of the group to rate a map, or count that as a single session as well).

If nothing's done to combat that, most maps will be designed to be shorter and have higher fail counts simply to make them look more popular as people will keep retrying them to finish or get a higher score.

netguy503 said:
LBP is the least of your PS3's worries. If you have trouble with this game, I wonder how your PS3 would respond to Uncharted 2.

Completely fine on every other game that has been in my PS3.

Also, when I got my PS3 back I thought there might be some corrupt files on the HD from LBP so I deleted the game data (not save file) and then redownloaded the update files and that's when it happened w/ the tearing.

jump_button said:

LOL. I finally looked at the cool pages last night and saw all the "levels" from Stephanie_Ravens and x3power. Hilarious to say the least granted it does show how broken the cool pages system is. :lol

Pancho

Qurupancho
I was gonna try and make a new level, but all of this cool pages bullcrap is really disheartening =/

I really, really hope they fix all of this for LBP2.

donkey show said:
LOL. I finally looked at the cool pages last night and saw all the "levels" from Stephanie_Ravens and x3power. Hilarious to say the least granted it does show how broken the cool pages system is. :lol

It was working but then someone found a loop hole, I really hope LBP2 dont have anyloop hole and if they do are fix easy and fast.

I think Mm should have a privacy on anything like that damages the community, like in MMO where player buy gold and stuff.

Its bad for the game, Give them a warning and if they keep doing it ban the ass holes

Sorc3r3r

I'm in LBP again playing some recent stuff and the community, i've to say, is capable of doing very surprising,unusual levels.

I'm loving the time i'm investing in those new levels.
Any advice on some cool-physics-based level?

I can stop admiring the use of physics in this game to create platforming instances.

Teknoman

Pancho said:
I was gonna try and make a new level, but all of this cool pages bullcrap is really disheartening =/

I really, really hope they fix all of this for LBP2.

Just start some of the framework in LBP1 then I guess.

jump_button said:
It was working but then someone found a loop hole, I really hope LBP2 dont have anyloop hole and if they do are fix easy and fast.

I think Mm should have a privacy on anything like that damages the community, like in MMO where player buy gold and stuff.

Its bad for the game, Give them a warning and if they keep doing it ban the ass holes
I don't think the cool pages system ever worked except in the beta, but arguably the notion of "cool" is broken at the core and, also arguably, cool pages reflects the brokenness of the world where celebrity exists in and of itself (such as in reality television). This is perhaps an argument that cool pages by being broken is not actually broken; the world itself is broken.

LBP is perhaps the most meta game ever.

Top Bottom