• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange 3 and 4 info

I watched someone online play the first one. Seemed like a decent story, thought the ending was a little ridiculous. I'll never buy any of these games but I might watch somebody else play them just to get the story.

Certinty

I’m game. Before the Storm was great and severely underrated, dare I say it, it was way better than no.2.

Not sure what I make of the Max and Chloe sequel rumour though, part of me wants to see them again but another part thinks their story ended and should be left alone.

Ascend

I'm down. Loved all the LiS games. Even though they have some woke stuff in there, it didn't ruin the experience for me, unlike other games.

Reading minds as a mechanic is going to be interesting. I doubt any power will change the time rewind mechanic though. But I'm willing to keep an open mind. The sequels both did a great job, even though I liked the first one the best.

GeorgPrime

Banned
nah i'm done with them.

loved the first game but 2 was ass. if they stop pandering to the sjw mob and bring back max/chloe then i might consider it but we'll see....

Jeah second part was inferior to the first part. :)

Max / Chloe are hard to top.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I liked both Lis (doesn't play the prequel though) and this true color mind reading concept seem cool and in line with the previous games. I'm not sure about a direct sequel with Max/Chloe but if the writing is well though (without erasing the consequences of the orignal game for once) why not...

GymWolf

If you played the first episode and hated the game, something is wrong with you...
The first episode is around 2 hours if you do everything slow, enough to appreciate or not the writing etc.

It's not like a dmc game where at the beginning you only have a couple of moves and you can't judge the combat...it was too hipster\obnoxious to me, like watching a bad school based mtv serial tv.

But i'm glad that you liked the game, it means that you are healthy as fuck broh :messenger_kissing_smiling:

MilkyJoe

nah i'm done with them.

loved the first game but 2 was ass. if they stop pandering to the sjw mob and bring back max/chloe then i might consider it but we'll see....

Yep, o heard they were going back to Max and Chloe for three. I stopped reading at Asian girl named...

LiS 2 i did two episodes and had had enough

MilkyJoe

"Official ERA staff verified the post: "

35OZSEqOKBfnA_r1IC2ETN25kMBhHfMazzp1VQ3BnN0.jpg

Last edited:

iorek21

Life is Strange, AKA: Tumblr the Game

Still, I enjoyed the first one, though I guess the social climate was way better back in 2015. Are the other ones as woke as I expect them to be?

Have you seen Tell Me Why? lol

Yeah I played through it. Way better than LiS 2 imo. Twin Mirror was possibly their shittiest game though.

But it's not DontNod working on these new games anyway. Apparently they're not working with Square Enix at all for the time being.

Not that Deck Nine hit it out of the park with Before The Storm, though.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I liked the first one and Before The Storm, that Captain demo was also good. But I was disappointed with 2. They used the standard cliche of taking care of a kid. Movies and games abuse this too much when they want the player to feel emotionally invested in the story and choices, as it affects the kid that you are supposed to care about. I don't really give a shit about teenage life anymore, but I thought the first one had a cool vibe, a good atmosphere, the sequel however felt like a teenage bro dude and his annoying kid brother that desperately wants you to care for him. It reminded me of The Walking Dead: Final Season, where the game wants you to care for that kid but instead he's annoying (and looks like a toddler and has the voice and personality of a 14-year-old) and it fucks the game over.

I like that clay art style though, looks slick, but they gotta improve some of the controls and interactions, it's too archaic.

Trunim

Before the storm was alright. The music was really good. Only thing I missed was an interesting superpower.

Top Bottom