• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters
Got 2 Xs for our house and couple of S's for the Holidays, surprise gifts...and big ass W for me in the morning hunt, cause it was getting ugly out there on the internetz.

sainraja

Looks like Microsoft decided to also keep the price of their new controllers same as last gen and not up the price unlike Sony. Good move. This is New Zealand pricing.

xhrbrvy.jpg

PbuyDoX.jpg

Well, it's the same exact controller with a new button and a slightly smaller (I think?) profile. They shouldn't charge more for it.

Goldpanda94

Neo Member
Welp, I reached the final "Place Order" button on Target, Best Buy, Amazon, and Xbox.com but none of them made it all the way :(

There is a smaller Gamestop just down the street from me that opens at 12.... I wonder if that'll have pre-orders available.

CAB_Life

They’re sold out on Amazon.ca now. Took all of 10 minutes. Fingers crossed I don’t get one of those emails...Pretty sure I was amongst the first (along with 1000 bots) to find it in search, though.

Xenon

Woot got in at BB on mobile! Was clicking on the link for about an hour straight.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Managed to secure one through Best Buy Canada as well, just in case Amazon.ca screws me over as per usual.
Amazon.ca put them up when I wasn’t looking and sold out in no time, lucky you got in quickly on that one.
They’re sold out on Amazon.ca now. Took all of 10 minutes. Fingers crossed I don’t get one of those emails...Pretty sure I was amongst the first (along with 1000 bots) to find it in search, though.
Red flag deals had a link to the Amazon preorder page all morning. Amazon just put them up really late and at a random time. I was busy fighting with the Best Buy webpage and missed it.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Amazon.ca put them up when I wasn’t looking and sold out in no time, lucky you got in quickly on that one.
Pure chance. Ended up checking the buying options and only Amazon has them. I'm not expecting them to actually ship it on time so I'll probably just stick with the Best Buy order.

dolabla

Best Buy sent me a confirmation email. Amazon still hasn't and it's been around 2 hours. Guess I will keep both of these for around a week or two just in case one of them tries to cancel and hopefully I will have a backup option.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I just got one from Best Buy. It wasn't available earlier, but now it is. No xbox all access option though. Just the full fat 499.99

I'm holding this one because who knows when I'll get a 3080.

Damn Bethesda announcement made me cave.

Last edited:

dolabla

Buddy just text me that the local gamestop only got 6 preorders. Is there a shortage? Same gamestop got 14 ps5 preorders.

Akuji

Series S still avaiable on amazon.de ( germany ) that ones looks like its not so hot.
But Series X is sold out, dunno how many they had avaiable, in germany there are xbox players but Playstation is way more popular, maybe a good sign for m$

Bungie

Best Buy has a warning about it not being there on time due to high volume right before you hit buy. Does best buy charge you instnatly?

Rob_27

I wonder how many Amazon UK got allocated, like half a dozen or something?
I clicked on amazon before 8am then kept searching it eventually popped up and was unavailable like wtf. Been unavailable ever since.

Game website has been dead for 6 hours. Then came up.

Currys had a wait of 80k

I went to local game store. Had gone through 25 of 50 by the time I got there at 8:45am.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I think Xbox might be doing something really smart. Staggered pre-order launch.

Best Buy was out of stock, then got new stock. Same with Target and Walmart. Then someone here said they got it from Microsoft Store. When I checked and about 9 Am PST it was out of stock. Maybe this is how they beat the scalpers?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Amazon US: Someone mentioned this morning that they received an e-mail already that said their Pre-order would be delayed. I've yet to receive such an e-mail, but I'm curious about the rest of y'all. Mine doesn't have an estimated delivery date yet - you?

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Amazon US: Someone mentioned this morning that they received an e-mail already that said their Pre-order would be delayed. I've yet to receive such an e-mail, but I'm curious about the rest of y'all. Mine doesn't have an estimated delivery date yet - you?
troll maybe, if it was the case lotta people would be posting.

i havnt received any notification like that

Last edited:

Leopold

I had a X360 and a Xbone but I will for the first time skip a day one acquisition of a Microsoft console. Hope you guys enjoy it and are able to get one - looking forward to read your impressions!

Been trying Best Buy since 10am, now 1:30pm and finally went through with the PreOrder. Whats weird is within 10sec of me going on my House Computer it went through, the furthest i got with my Iphone 11 was CheckOut and it kept crashing for hours.

Not sure why it went through so quick on my all in one but crashed on my phone. I also had to get it shipped to me, it was not allowing Pick up. Atleast i got mine, all that matters!😁

Top Bottom