• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League Of Extrordinary Gentlemen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Banned
I just saw this movie for the first time on Cinemax tonight, and i thought it was O.K, did any of guys like it at all?

Watching that movie is like being raped in the eyes, ears, and vagina by every user on this forum with their dick wrapped in barbed wire.

Zep

Banned
The only character i like was the person Dorian Grey...but besides that..i dont know, the movie missed something.

aoi tsuki

Lemurnator said:
And I wish I could unwatch League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
Touche. But seriously, after your post and NLB2's locked thread, i think i've had enough unsolicited graphic sexual descriptions for one night.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Lemurnator said:
Watching that movie is like being raped in the eyes, ears, and vagina by every user on this forum with their dick wrapped in barbed wire.

did anyone else's mental picture substitue harry knowles in as 'every user on this forum'

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
This forum contains the following group of folks in respect to LXG:

1) Group A: Those of us who have seen worse and thought it had a few moments, even though it had problems.

2) Group B: Those of us who are fans of the comic book who hated the movie for the changes that were made with characters and the additional character created for the movie.

3) Group C: Those of us who just thought the movie stunk, stunk, stunk.

Odnetnin

Banned
I liked it. Very entertaining (one problem was that actor who played the unaging/undying guy) Can't stand him. Worst than B actor. I wonder why he's always got roles in top-tierish films. Maybe not top tier but he's horrible and I've seen better actors

Crispy

I'd like to join group C.

I did like the way the submarine (nautilus?) was made. It looked pretty impressive, but the movie itself was just devoid of anything interesting.

I am a fan of the comic, but I hated it more for reason C.

I don't mind changes-- when they're good!

That said, if they cut the first 30 minutes of the movie out, it would have been much better. It almost got decent after that point.

Gorey

DarienA said:
...(snip)
2) Group B: Those of us who are fans of the comic book who hated the movie for the changes that were made with characters and the additional character created for the movie...(snip)
File me here, thank you.

Strongest redeeming quality was Nemo. Best realization of the character and the Nautilus in a long, long time. Closer to Verne's writings than the disney-esque stuff we grew up with. The comics particularly nailed that, and nailed it with style. Yes kiddies, Nemo is not a white british guy. I've watched it a few times just to see the Nautilus tooling around.

-except for the car. The car was stupid.

retardboy

lol. This reminds me of the Isla de Chupacabra episode of Sealab. Haha, they reran it yesterday. What as it? The Extraordinary League of Men?

FoneBone

DarienA said:
This forum contains the following group of folks in respect to LXG:

1) Group A: Those of us who have seen worse and thought it had a few moments, even though it had problems.

2) Group B: Those of us who are fans of the comic book who hated the movie for the changes that were made with characters and the additional character created for the movie.

3) Group C: Those of us who just thought the movie stunk, stunk, stunk.
Put me in C. Although I loved the comic, the movie sucked because it was stupid and illogical, not because it was unfaithful to the comic.

lol, I got LOEG for Christmas last year (and yes, I actually asked for it), but it's still sitting in my unwrapped, unwatched pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom