• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layoffs at Respawn somehow mostly hitting "PoC, queer folks and those on parental & medical leave" complains disabled queer ployamorous employee

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
let’s face it, these people weren’t simply let go because they were LGBTQ+. They were most likely let go due to poor performance reviews.
Ive never known why it can be that hard to get a good review. You dont need to be some Elon Musk visionary itching to turn the company into a $100 billion dollar corporation. Ever since my first office job, I had employee reviews. And coming out of university and being told there's evaluations every 6 months is pretty nervous first times doing it. And just by coincidence, every company Ive worked at has two (mid year review and final review). And just by coincidence again, each company I've worked at works on a calendar year which makes everything from financials to job evaluations predictable as per timing of the year.

I've never had a bad review. The worst Ive had are those middle of the road "average performer dude" kind of ratings which probably 70% of the floor gets anyway based on their bell curved standard deviation algorithm. But as long you do half decent work dont cause trouble, and get along with people it's pretty hard to get fired or be pressured out unless there's something apocalyptic going on like the company is going broke, major restructuring, or the execs decide to move the office to another city and a bunch of people say forget it they arent selling their house.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Nope found their profile they keep showing pictures of the child and talking about how their therapist in a "and then everyone stood and clapped" kind of way.

Good look to the child they will need it.

Holy shit their entire Twitter feed is them begging for sympathy and airing grievances against everyone, even their own friends and family.

Why in the fuck would anyone ever want to work with some crazy drama queen like this? I bet their former coworkers are so damn relieved to have this constant source of drama + conflict removed from their team.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Why in the fuck would anyone ever want to work with some crazy drama queen like this? I bet their former coworkers are so damn relieved to have this constant source of drama + conflict removed from their team.
Nobody would. But if a company has some lazy HR and hiring managers who only go by her Linkedin profile, they might get the impression by her very normal list of jobs and skills that she's a normal person. She has a very normal kind of Linkedin profile. Check out her Linkedin, it's like a 180 vs her Twitter.

She must have a very keen interest in working at only tech companies though because having a linkedin profile showing green hair is going to immediately have her crossed off the candidate pool from any company that wants employees conservative in appearance.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Why do some post their intimate thoughts and experiences on a public space like it’s their personal diary?
Especially when they get little to no engagement on their posts, just speaking to nobody…
ron-swanson-less-i-know.gif

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Why do some post their intimate thoughts and experiences on a public space like it’s their personal diary?
Especially when they get little to no engagement on their posts, just speaking to nobody…
They’re surrounded by people who infantilize them and shower them with attention/esteem whenever they make a claim of victimhood. Thats the only way I can make sense of this bizarre behavior.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

From where I sit, it seems a bit like maybe going through 6 months of a stranger's posts to find something to ridicule might not be the most productive use of a day either.

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
From where I sit, it seems a bit like the you, the completely sane one, has gone through 6 months of a stranger's posts to try and find something to ridicule.

All you need to do is click their profile and it’s right there, you don’t have to dig at all. Probably took me less time to look at their insane twitter than for you to find that gif.

tkscz

See those 4400 likes? That's 4400 people who validate this person's ego. That's enough to make them feel like understanding why someone is uncomfortable with their life choices don't need to be listened to, but everyone must hear her out.

These kind of people surround themselves with people who feed their narcissism.

Danknugz

i am just saying this based on what someone told me and i am not racist myself. nor do i agree with what was told me. someone i know who worked for various large / fortune 500 companies in a hiring position told me they warned him against hiring black people because "they're too hard to get rid of if you need to" i would assume posts like on the OP kind of fall into the same category

Last edited:
From where I sit, it seems a bit like maybe going through 6 months of a stranger's posts to find something to ridicule might not be the most productive use of a day either.

Not really relevant but using Patton as a reactionary gif here is funny to me, as most people may recall that he jumped ahead of the twitter mob, into the spotlight to present himself morally superior by leveraging the outrage around (his friend) Dave Chappelle's standup special.
In essence, he's the typical narcissist on twitter - providing commentary on things no one asked for while simultaneously jerking off on their own stomach.

Ive never known why it can be that hard to get a good review. You dont need to be some Elon Musk visionary itching to turn the company into a $100 billion dollar corporation. Ever since my first office job, I had employee reviews. And coming out of university and being told there's evaluations every 6 months is pretty nervous first times doing it. And just by coincidence, every company Ive worked at has two (mid year review and final review). And just by coincidence again, each company I've worked at works on a calendar year which makes everything from financials to job evaluations predictable as per timing of the year.

I've never had a bad review. The worst Ive had are those middle of the road "average performer dude" kind of ratings which probably 70% of the floor gets anyway based on their bell curved standard deviation algorithm. But as long you do half decent work dont cause trouble, and get along with people it's pretty hard to get fired or be pressured out unless there's something apocalyptic going on like the company is going broke, major restructuring, or the execs decide to move the office to another city and a bunch of people say forget it they arent selling their house.
Same. Now think about how many games have poor reviews, delays and bugs. It is my opinion that those factors are directly related to those performance reviews.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Not really relevant but using Patton as a reactionary gif here is funny to me, as most people may recall that he jumped ahead of the twitter mob, into the spotlight to present himself morally superior by leveraging the outrage around (his friend) Dave Chappelle's standup special.
In essence, he's the typical narcissist on twitter - providing commentary on things no one asked for while simultaneously jerking off on their own stomach.
Didn't he also throw avgn under the bus because he refused to review Ghostbusters 2016? He's one of the worst when it comes to cancel culture.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University

From where I sit and not having The Twitter or The Facebook or social media, the person you’re replying to is doing heroes work for me.

So, whoever this cat above me is replying, keep going so I can see the utter craziness these wackos do and say on a daily basis, so I get a better understanding of this culture thingy.

Us normies appreciate your work and dedication to helping us get info.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
From where I sit and not having The Twitter or The Facebook or social media, the person you’re replying to is doing heroes work for me.

So, whoever this cat above me is replying, keep going so I can see the utter craziness these wackos do and say on a daily basis, so I get a better understanding of this culture thingy.

Us normies appreciate your work and dedication to helping us get info.
I dont have twitter either, but it's a funny site. It must depend on settings a profile user sets or something because some profiles are public to check out (like this weird person). But then some you click the link to check it out and you immediately get a pop up sign up box.

Thabass

I recently got a review and it was really good and was most likely was going to get my normal raise. That review was on a Friday. I was laid off that Tuesday. This happened a couple of months ago and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now I'm learning how to become a Data Analyst / Software Engineer and it's been crazy to see my growth in the last few weeks vs. the last 5 years at my old company.

I always treated my layoff as a positive as having a negative attitude about it will leave you bitter and not trying to grow. That's no way to lead a life.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I recently got a review and it was really good and was most likely was going to get my normal raise. That review was on a Friday. I was laid off that Tuesday. This happened a couple of months ago and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now I'm learning how to become a Data Analyst / Software Engineer and it's been crazy to see my growth in the last few weeks vs. the last 5 years at my old company.

I always treated my layoff as a positive as having a negative attitude about it will leave you bitter and not trying to grow. That's no way to lead a life.
When I got laid off in the 2000s during a restructuring, all I did was get hold of recruiters and scored a job fast. I didn't even get a chance to collect one UI pay out. Best thing to happen to me too since my new company at the time was great, made tons of great friends and the new job paid me $20,000 more and a better bonus! Then I changed jobs after about 5 years to a better role all because that job was the best job I had at the time to boost my career to where it now. It paid $20,000 more too and even bigger bonuses. My plan is to change companies one more time with another boost in comp, work 10 years as my final company and retire.

Last edited:

Embearded

I tried reading through this persons posts...
She openly admits she has mental issues and sees therapists (plural at some posts), uploads photos of her baby, says stupid stuff only to blame depression before moving on to the next one.
Tweets multiple times per day and lives off the check Respawn gave her when they fired her last year and went after them for discrimination (?).

Yet she expects people to take her seriously and trust her?

Yoboman

‘Disabled queer polyamorous’ The fact that THIS is how you represent yourself at the studio, no fucking wonder they let you go. Show some goddamn professionalism, actually be good at your job, contribute something of worth and stop treating your workplace as a platform for YOUR stupid gender politics and MAYBE you wouldnt get let off….
Polyamorous lmao. I love how being a slut has been transformed into a marginalised community

Gojiira

Polyamorous lmao. I love how being a slut has been transformed into a marginalised community
I know right, what a fucking joke. The whole world needs a wakeup call that personal identifiers are not skills, not qualifications nor are they a free pass and a free hire…

Wow “woke” people live rent free in y’all’s heads, this is insane. 6 pages of completely unrelated to gaming ranting about a literal nobody on Twitter.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

honestly, is this like a western thing? coz in asia, i feel like people don't talk like this and are rather focused on their jobs and supporting their families rather their strange self analysis on periods, imaginary periods, or whatever lol.

Brigandier

Good sack the lot of em... Maybe it's because they/them it/thing are unproductive, argumentive, drama ridden absentees who cost the the studio more than they are worth 🤷‍♂️

Start hiring based on merit and experience not the nationality, race, gender, hair colour and waist size.

go away gtfo GIF

Last edited:

Hudo

honestly, is this like a western thing? coz in asia, i feel like people don't talk like this and are rather focused on their jobs and supporting their families rather their strange self analysis on periods, imaginary periods, or whatever lol.
It's mostly an American thing. I don't see many German tweets like this. Most people just Tweet conspiracy and anti-SPD/anti-The Greens stuff.

Top Bottom