• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawyer Dies After Shot By His Own Concealed Gun Triggered By MRI Scanner

GeekyDad

how do radio waves trigger something that is mechanical?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
how do radio waves trigger something that is mechanical?
An MRI is basically a gigantic fuck off strong magnet. There is a reason why you MUST remove all jewelry and piercings if you or a loved one you are in the room with is getting a scan.

It would rip the metal out of your body the moment it was activated if you didn't. Now imagine how that would affect a firearm.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

Homer-Simpsons-brain-seen-with-MRI-X-ray-Image-reproduced-on-many-Internet-sites.ppm

Cyberpunkd

I had several MRI scans and you are always told to discard everything metal before the scan. There is even a big warning sign in the locker room. Even when I was already in the room, I was asked again if I had anything metal with me. So he had more than enough opportunities to get rid of it.
Most likely answer: they didn’t consider a gun a metal.

Doczu

This apparently happened earlier this year. Though it could be a load of crap too.

gxjNumM.jpg
I'm gonna paraphrase what i wrote under a post where i found this:

Imagine being a staff member during the test and not a second after you turn this damn thing on the patient starts screaning in pain with a butt plug poking out his chest like a chestbuster from Alien.

This would scar me for life. FOR LIFE.

Top Bottom