• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

last stability update made my ps4...less stable?

FHIZ

Mine does the same thing. It's not all that often, but yeah, sometimes when I turn it on it doesn't read the disk. Just last night when I went to put it in rest mode, it hung up at the "please wait" screen for a bit, then gave me the three beeps and then finally went into rest mode. Wasn't saving in the game or anything, just on the Arkham Knight main menu.

Starting to get concerned it might be a hardware thing, because it did this every now and then prior to the most recent update.

I've had the same problem: new disc won't register, and if I try to shut down/go to Rest mode it never does and flashes orange till I pull the plug. Rebuilding the database helps for a while but it always comes back. Never had a problem before the last update and the system is less than six months old.

Robert807

Wow this is a relief, I just bought the mlb the show and the witcher. Both games wouldn't read on the psn menu. I was thinking oh great I have to buy another ps4 soon , there goes 400 bucks down the drain.

Ants

just got a ps4 last week sp I only have two disc-based games but I did get the error upon inserting a new disc. it told me that the data is corrupted and I had to power down to get it to read the disc. no three beep error though

GutZ31

just got a ps4 last week sp I only have two disc-based games but I did get the error upon inserting a new disc. it told me that the data is corrupted and I had to power down to get it to read the disc. no three beep error though

Is it happening when you use the eject button to wake the console up, or already have it at the XMB?

This is a shitty error, but one of the reasons it happens is when a user tries to start the system by pressing the eject button from the rest mode. it seems the system forgets to do some type of authentication to the disc, and just calls it corrupt.

Try starting the console with the controller first, wait till the "whats new" propagates, then try changing disc.
If its still happening, its time to call Sony support.

would this need to wipe everything on my HDD? I don't really want to lose PT...

Yeah, it will delete everything if you do a reinstall.
You can backup everything on your harddrive to an external harddrive, so at least thats a thing.
I still recommend calling sony about the issue.

It appears that Sony made the PS4 too stable, and that the stability counter did overflow. Sony needs to remove some stability in the next update.

Kidding aside, I want to thank OP for bringing this to my attention. I will not update my unit until they have issued a fix.

Libram

Neo Member
Yeah, I get the wrong disc inserted message when i change discs. Have to do a hard reset to get it to read discs after that because no matter what game i put in it keeps saying that. I've also got the three beeps when turning it off. Even had it hang on the shut down screen and had to unplug it.

If I suspend and start the console by ejecting the disc it won't read any other discs until I shut it off and on again. That's the only problem I have and it's easy avoidable by turning it on and ejecting, rather than doing it while it sleeps.

Top Bottom