• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku senior editor says both PlayStation AND Nintendo will have additional digital showcases this year

feynoob

Gold Member
This thing is spreading too fast.
That Sucks The Office GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Of course there's going to be more digital events. They need to do a Sony one for the slim and spider man 2. And Nintendo gonna have more stuff.

The fact that these guys have gotta say this stuff. Sony should just come out and say it because the show was that bad.

Mr.Phoenix

I dont care anymore in case of Sony, do it right the first time or dont do it at all
So I take it you only game on PC now?

Because everyone else has put out a shit show at some int and in some cases some even put up shows and haven't released much f anything.

So I am sure you don't care about anyone at all.

Lokaum D+

So I take it you only game on PC now?

Because everyone else has put out a shit show at some int and in some cases some even put up shows and haven't released much f anything.

So I am sure you don't care about anyone at all.
I game on all consoles and pc ( mostly on consoles ), but i m over 30 and have a very limited time to enjoy gaming, so i dont care that much as you may care or other ppl if Sony, MS or Nintendo ll put another major showcase close to holliday season

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Nintendo you better give me wind waker and paper mario the thousand year door, you already got me with a totk oled and a bunch of shit, im ready to spend more

Woopah

Nintendo you better give me wind waker and paper mario the thousand year door, you already got me with a totk oled and a bunch of shit, im ready to spend more
I'd love a TTYD remake, just because it would make it more likely that the next game follows that style.

Mr.Phoenix

I game on all consoles and pc ( mostly on consoles ), but i m over 30 and have a very limited time to enjoy gaming, so i dont care that much as you may care or other ppl if Sony, MS or Nintendo ll put another major showcase close to holliday season
Cool story, doesn't make sense to me though.

1. you came into a thread about potential shows to say you don't care about them?
  2. What's there to care about really, these shows are just press releases. News. They give us an insight on what's to come. If you actually cared as much or less than me, then you will see it as that and nothing else.
  3. Not something to `get right` or whatever... cause they did announce and show stuff. And when next they do, they will show more stuff. isn't that what happens during all shows?

So much damage control after that last Sony conference, it's wild to me.
Who is doing damage control?

If you ask me, that show, and how GAF is taking it, is just at odds. like people are overreacting and making things out to be what they actually aren't.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

Cool story, doesn't make sense to me though.

1. you came into a thread about potential shows to say you don't care about them?
yes i did
  1. What's there to care about really, these shows are just press releases. News. They give us an insight on what's to come. If you actually cared as much or less than me, then you will see it as that and nothing else.
i like to complain, it's a way to release stress, my wife hate it
  1. Not something to `get right` or whatever... cause they did announce and show stuff. And when next they do, they will show more stuff. isn't that what happens during all shows?
If i wanna watch CGI trailers i go to mobileshowcase
Who is doing damage control?
everyone and no one
If you ask me, that show, and how GAF is taking it, is just at odds. like people are overreacting and making things out to be what they actually aren't.
if u liked, good for you, some people didn't like it and it's ok if they want to complain.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Of course there's going to be more digital events. They need to do a Sony one for the slim and spider man 2. And Nintendo gonna have more stuff.

The fact that these guys have gotta say this stuff. Sony should just come out and say it because the show was that bad.

I dont think they will know that they fucked up until this gaas shit fails ... if it fails.... one can only hope so

Thabass

This is the same dude that cried that Nintendo didn't give them a review copy of TOTK. The same website that told people how to pirate copies Metroid Dread.

We need to STOP listening to anything coming from Kotaku. It's ridiculous to me that we keep them relevant.

feynoob

Gold Member
This is the same dude that cried that Nintendo didn't give them a review copy of TOTK. The same website that told people how to pirate copies Metroid Dread.

We need to STOP listening to anything coming from Kotaku. It's ridiculous to me that we keep them relevant.
I remember these insider's saying PS showcase is happening this day, and that day.
They are shit sources. Never trust them, until Sony, MS and Nintendo announce those dates.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Just adds DLC episodes for Zelda and I'll just becomes a full time TOTK gamer hows abouts that?

No needs for other games Nintendos
cept for Metroids

Ozzie666

This feels like a nothing burger, unless they are being specific between show case and state of play level of presentations. I assume they also mean direct, but with nearly 7 months left, not really a stretch is it?

I don't believe it.

PS are not that fucking dumb. Most found the PS Showcase boring but you're not going to find execs running around like headless chickens at the Sony HQ to appease a few fans on a message board.

PS Showcase sucked (for some. myself included) and we move on. I'll only take offense and call for the pitchforks if Jim Ryan starts to shit in my cornflakes.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
We needs to starts getting real games like a new IPs from Naughty Dog that innovates gameplays to excite me in Playstation again

Only next gen games I loved from thems so's far besides Demons Souls (remake) was Returnal

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Tinfoil hat ON: Sony is "leaking" this to insiders to damage control for the bad Showcase reception.

It's in no way tin foil theory to think that these guys will be reaching out to their marketing and media contacts at Sony to politely ask "what happened, have you seen the concensus on the internet?"

Which their response they will have been told to say in their meetings since the event will have clearly lined out. "If in such situation that a media or journalist reaches out, inform them off the record that more digital events are coming in the following weeks and months"

Basically, damage control but not damage control as that will have always been the plan but it helps these guys to feel a little more important.

magnumpy

I can see Nintendo releasing some DLC at least for Zelda: TotK

Sony still has to release that Last of Us multiplayer game, as well as that multitude of unannounced single player games.

Sony still has to announce the new ps5 sku, and I think stuff like Death Stranding 2, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade etc will end up having trailers this year tbh.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I used ChatGPT to generate an announcement from Sony announcing a real Playstation showcase

IMG-1241.jpg

IMG-1242.jpg

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Sources are telling me PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox will have digital showcases. Keep your eyes tuned to my posts for more developments in the coming weeks and months and years.

SaucyJack

Tinfoil hat ON: Sony is "leaking" this to insiders to damage control for the bad Showcase reception.

Nah. This is not their MO. It is apparent that Sony pays very little heed to the goings on in forums like this, and nor should they.

Like it or not PlayStation continues to be phenomenally successful, supply issues are sorted and the boxes are flying off the shelves, revenue has never been higher. The calendar for the remainder of 2023 is very full, even if 3rd party exclusive stuff is propping things up.

Of course they have more first party games in the pipeline that they’re not showing us, we know from decades of track record that Sony have an efficient studio system that produces a ton of content. Sometimes they misstep but long term they deliver.

Another showcase this year? I think it’s highly probably, either late in the gaming show season or a PSX event in December. In the meantime we’ll get SoPs for Spider-Man, etc.

Top Bottom