• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby & the Forgotten Land |OT| You Are What You Eat

This game Is a masterpiece.
I don't know why they took so long to make a 3D kirby game, but if this is the result of years of experiments, well, time well spent.
It is super fun, never ever boring, it has a perfect lenght with many big levels.
Ost is great too.
And the evolution of powers, the secrets, the colors.....Just enjoy the game!
Thanks Hal and Nintendo.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Finally beat the game. Similar to the 3DS ones, it's got literally the best ending in a game all year - rivaling Bayonetta for how over the top and action packed it is. Phenomenal. I was literally laughing and hyped and just mashing the Y button.

I've got a bit more left for 100%, and then moving on to the post-game. This game honestly should be rated 93+ on Metacritic. It's nearly flawless, like the 3DS ones.

BlueAlpaca

Sorry for the bump but this is driving me crazy...

The game tells me there are these codes, and one of them is on a building right across the delivery place but there's nothing. Do I have to subscribe to Nintendo Online? The game doesn't say so. Everytime I search for this on the net they only tell you the codes and where to redeem them - nobody shows locations. Are these codes NOT ingame? Because the game tells me one of them is on a wall which has no goddamn code on it.

Please help. :messenger_confounded:

Edit: OK nm I figured it out, you need to be next to the wall for elfilin to read it... I hate myself. :lollipop_weary:

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I gotta bump this.

I finally caved in and bought this, and there are two things I didn't expect that I'm very happy about.

First, the slick production, how the game starts up so fast, no third-party software logo bullshit, it takes no time at all to start the game. The loading screens are fast and got these slick animations that feel like video transitions. I find games to be more appealing to play when they start up fast, and this game is built around ease of play and short sessions. It's no problem to pick it up and play for 10 minutes, for example, you will still get something out of that.

Secondly, there is a lot more extra content than I expected, the main campaign isn't huge, but all the extra stuff triples the game time. All the little challenges are addicting to beat at the target time, and the extra objectives on each level and the stuff to do in town add up.

It's very polished and all the mouthful abilities are easy to use. I think it hurts itself being so level-based, a more Bowser's Fury open-world approach would fit the game perfectly. And while the gameplay is good, some of the abilities are so-so (drill) and some should be featured more heavily (i wished there was a lot more of the car).

There are also times when they wished they turned up the platforming a notch. It's well made but very simplistic and easy. The combat is alright but I wanted more sections where I had to focus and pay attention to where I land.

Still, a great game, it's a great 3D platformer, well worth the money.

Aurelius

The year is almost over but I've still got this as my 2022 GOTY. It's such a fun, charming, well made game.
Same. This was such an unexpected surprise and treat! I bought it for my boys (6 and 7, they finished it co-op) after playing the demo, but I enjoyed it too since I had to guide them and play most of the difficult parts (boss fights, challenges). Also, we were in Japan last summer and there was Kirby merchandise everywhere (30th anniversary). We ate at the Kirby café and bought a huge Kirby plushie. Nice memories.

Top Bottom