• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

ManaByte

Gold Member

The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world.

----------

Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns. Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.

• Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
  • The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
  • Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
  • Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
  • Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
  • Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
  • Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
  • Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having "more content than any single-player game deserves!"
  • Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy - all central to the primary mission.
  • Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning.

Release date is listed as 8/11/2020

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Damn I loved this game,wasn’t this owned buy a baseball player or something?
Curt Schilling’s company 38 Studios. Which he basically threw money at a bunch of super talented people in order to make a game. He also went bankrupt and ended up owing the city money for it. I might be forgetting some details here and there.

I unfortunately skipped it. There were a lot of games that came during 2012 that I got instead. That year was Dishonored, Halo 4, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, and Mass Effect 3.

Last edited:
Curt Schilling’s company 38 Studios. Which he basically threw money at a bunch of super talented people in order to make a game. He also went bankrupt and ended up owing the city money for it. I might be forgetting some details here and there.

I unfortunately skipped it. There was another game out at the time that I got instead. That year was Dishonored, Halo 4, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, and Mass Effect 3.
ah ok thanks.

Solarstrike

Insta-buy. Amazing game.

edit: Some screenshots

apps.13731.14396872445173076.fe063380-71f4-4e5c-8364-1fceec65d95b.b140f430-fad1-466c-ac20-164def0b31cb

apps.42858.14396872445173076.fe063380-71f4-4e5c-8364-1fceec65d95b.26b70c4e-b34e-4304-b200-23e13e9d6d12

apps.32447.14396872445173076.fe063380-71f4-4e5c-8364-1fceec65d95b.a8e6f51b-6f28-4c14-a3a6-e603260855c0

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
also really liked the gameplay, my backlog is thinning out, but ill hold out before i buy it. seems like a gamepass game.

Vroadstar

Love this game, still, have it installed in my PS3, and playing it. Wondered how big an improvement will this be compared to original.

Last edited:

Rayderism

I remember playing this years ago......I got hard stuck when a quest character never appeared where he was supposed to be. I don't remember the details anymore, but it made it where no more quests ever became available. Never played it again.

iorek21

I remember playing this game's demo for a Mass Effect 3 exclusive armor... ohhh those were the days...

Purchased it some years later, but played it for only a couple of hours before dropping it (cluttered backlog does that)

intbal

I need to know more.
I already have it for 360. And I've already played it through a couple more times on my One X.
I don't want to buy it again unless it's been upgraded to 60fps plus enhanced visuals. AND I don't want to buy it if those enhancements will just be added to the game through a patch to the BC version.
So it looks like a waiting game until more info comes out.

Add: I notice at the bottom of that page, it says "improved graphical fidelity". I suspect they would state definitively if they had jumped up to 60fps. So, will probably take a pass on this.

Last edited:

JTCx

Very underrated game. So much potential, shame what happened to the studio was looking forward to more. The level locking mechanic is stupid though.

Great game with the most boring lore ever. It's amazing how much writing it has - and how terribly boring it is. Anyway the gameplay and world design is dope so who cares about the writing?

:O

I just posted I wanted this remake in the RPG remake thread. WICKED!

I want to play it again and this is perfect for me. Is it Xbox only? This may just tip me over the XSX purchase.

This game had some much potential. If it wasn't for the marketing scheme, it could have become something better. They literally formulated a single player World of Warcraft RPG and thought that was good enough. If the art style was different this would have caught more attention.

TexMex

Looks good. Never played it originally, thought it looked pretty run of the mill but people seem into it. I’ll give it a shot assuming it’s PS4 too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ehh... it was alright. Definitely got way too repetitive and MMORPG-like for my tastes, but I enjoyed my playthrough of it.

bender

What time is it?
I've tried to start the game on several occasions and it never clicked with me. I will always remember this game for Rich Gallup and the Fart Cat IOS game. Why can't my brain ever store useful information?

Mr Hyde

Played about 40 hours on PS3 and loved it
Unfortunately my save file went corrupt and I couldn't load. Didn't have the energy or time to redo it. Will absolutely give this another shot. I hope it comes to Switch in physical form. That would be awesome.

JSoup

Banned
Release this on either PS4 or Steam and I'll be a day one for me. Hope they include the DLC areas, both were really good.

cHaOs667

I love the game for its art style but the bugs I've encountered after the release nearly killed it for me.

I hope it will be on Gamepass, so I can give it another try.

Lanrutcon

Bought the original day 1 after I played the demo a bunch.

The game has issues, but I enjoyed it. I remember the biggest one being the difficulty: it's a very easy game.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Oh man, I wonder what sorta gameplay refinements there are.
It's the sort of game I wanna like, but its lore is so generic and derivative, and its world was so static. A massive open world, with no physics, not even a jump button (you could only jump at specific locations with a contextual input).

Traianvs

I loved playing this game on pc a few years ago and I'd like to play the remaster but I hope that those gameplay refinements include a radical balancing of the difficulty because it was a piss easy game.
The only way I could enjoy it was to play on hard and to limit myself to avoid some exploits, like not using crafting and alchemy

Bankai

Wow this is amazing!!

I platinum'd the game on PS3 and I though it was grossly underrated. Fantastic Fable-like vibe with great combat, loot and a nice fantasy story/setting.

Can't wait to play it again :lollipop_blowing_kiss:

edit: I really hope the game comes out on PS4 / PS5.. so far only XboxOne confirmed?

Last edited:

Mithos

Niiice.
Never really got into the original, in the way that I kept playing though it.

Will make a try on this I guess.

Ar¢tos

PC only? That's weird nowadays. (it might just not been announced yet for other platforms, since the link is for Microsoft site).

No mention if they fixed the biggest problem of the game, the (lack of) difficulty. Even on hard the game was way too easy, even without doing any blacksmithing. You could 3 hit any boss using skills/spells.

Edit: also on Xbox... Noticed now, and very likely ps4, but Microsoft website wouldn't list that.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Fun game, robust combat systems that ran circles around darlings of the time like Fable, but it was set up too much like an MMORPG without the fun social aspect or difficulty curve that demands your attention to succeed. I doubt the gameplay improvements cited amount to anything meaningful enough to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom