• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Betty

Banned
Great OT

KH2:Final Mix and BBS are pretty much the apex of the series thus far, so this can't come soon enough.

Ven sucks.
qVRg2.gif
I actually did not mind Ven. He was generic sure, but otherwise his worst thing is he is a Terra fanboy.
Terra annoyed me because he was pretty much Anakin Skywalker.
Aqua has cartwheel rolls, so best character for that alone.

It's not. Nomura has confirmed it. Over the years there was speculation concerning Tarzan's worlds, Utada music, but we really have no official info about the matter.
The only thing Nomura ever confirmed in regards to that specific BBS example was that it was an issue that had nothing to do with Disney. There hasn't been any confirmation or denial either way on the music thing, which is why I said "likely culprit" as opposed to definitively stating it.

It is worth noting that the only (official) KH products to be released digitally (Coded on cellphones and the KH3D demo) don't have any Utada music in it whatsoever.

LAA

Think I'm gonna take that Terra avatar, thanks!

Should hopefully get the CE on Friday. Earlier if I'm very lucky...

Good pointing out the interview on the possibility of a next gen KH collection too, seems likely it'll happen if its under consideration, just hope they do something for existing owners in some way...

Also, just a random observation I never made before....
Terra's armor looks like batman.... Is he batman of the KH universe...?

Voke

Banned
I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since the release of Kingdom Hearts II. I can't wait to experience the Final Mix version for the first time. :D

Kinsei

Banned
Think I'm gonna take that Terra avatar, thanks!

Should hopefully get the CE on Friday. Earlier if I'm very lucky...

Good pointing out the interview on the possibility of a next gen KH collection too, seems likely it'll happen if its under consideration, just hope they do something for existing owners in some way...

Also, just a random observation I never made before....
Terra's armor looks like batman.... Is he batman of the KH universe...?

Nah, he's more like the
Anakin Skywalker
of the KH universe.

botty

Banned
I actually did not mind Ven. He was generic sure, but otherwise his worst thing is he is a Terra fanboy.
Terra annoyed me because he was pretty much Anakin Skywalker.
Aqua has cartwheel rolls, so best character for that alone.

Birth By Sleep is quite literally Star Wars reductive.

giphy.gif

Super excited to get my hands on the game tomorrow. I wished I would of gone the collectors edition route but I could't past up on Best Buys 20% off games with the gamers appreciation discount.

Lnds500

The only thing Nomura ever confirmed in regards to that specific BBS example was that it was an issue that had nothing to do with Disney. There hasn't been any confirmation or denial either way on the music thing, which is why I said "likely culprit" as opposed to definitively stating it.

It is worth noting that the only (official) KH products to be released digitally (Coded on cellphones and the KH3D demo) don't have any Utada music in it whatsoever.

The problem does not lie with Square Enix, Disney or Hikaru Utada who performed the game’s theme song. "It’s difficult because of a reason I cannot say," Nomura explained.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/2...by-sleeps-absence-on-psn/#pFI6TMBxC72wMzw6.99

The problem does not lie with Square Enix, Disney or Hikaru Utada who performed the game’s theme song. "It’s difficult because of a reason I cannot say," Nomura explained.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/2...by-sleeps-absence-on-psn/#pFI6TMBxC72wMzw6.99
Ah, okay then. I definitely misremembered that quote.

The fact that he outright says he can't say what the issue is still makes me think it's a legal issue of some sort. Still weird either way.

RPGCrazied

Get mine tomorrow. Can't wait to finally play BBS, never have before. I hope DDD HD info comes soon, we all know its being made.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
1080p goodness ><

I really REALLY hope those reaction commands are fixed, as well as the sound issues.

This needs to be the definitive version fullstop!

My Collector's edition came in early. Super excited to play BBS with a game pad. There is always something magical about playing KH games during the winter holidays.

RPGCrazied

1080p goodness ><

I really REALLY hope those reaction commands are fixed, as well as the sound issues.

This needs to be the definitive version fullstop!

I hope the texture bug gets fixed, that seems more game breaking than anything else. I didn't have any problems with 1.5. So a bug of this magnitude hopefully SE will fix it for NA.

Inuhanyou

I hope the texture bug gets fixed, that seems more game breaking than anything else. I didn't have any problems with 1.5. So a bug of this magnitude hopefully SE will fix it for NA.

What was the texture bug!?

Carbonox

Fucking hyped for this. Not touching it until I'm fully done with Dragon Age though. This month and January belong to these two games (well 3 technically).

Inuhanyou

Sora loses all his texture, he turns all black. I saw a photo of it awhile back, I'm sure someone could post it though.

That sounds fucking creepy and hell, like antiform without eyes

*EDIT*

Yeah...that needs to be fixed. Sora turned into noface

Maelstorm1226

Neo Member
Can't wait to pick my copy up tomorrow. The wife has never played the Kingdom Hearts games (even though she is a huge Disney fanatic), but we played 1.5 HD Remix and she loved it. Can't wait to experience KH 2 with her as that is one of my favorite games.

Never got to play Birth By Sleep, so really looking forward to playing that.

I think I'll take that Sorcerer's Apprentice avatar. Thanks!

Famassu

If it isn't because of Square, Disney OR Hikaru then somebody at Sony really hates KH.

Dream Drop Distance isn't on eShop either, even though the game was released around the time Nintendo added retail titles to eShop, so adding KH to eShop to celebrate that would have been perfect, timing-wise. It's something legal, but not something that Square Enix, Sony, Disney, Utada OR Nintendo enforces, so I have no idea what it could actually be about. Are there any other worlds or properties in KHs that aren't fully owned by Disney that could prevent a digital release?

SheHateMe

This is it for me.

My body is ready.

I've never played KH2. I did my waiting! 8+ years of it!

I'm not buying another video game this year. My backlog is SCREAMING at me. *sigh*

Hello, dearly beloved.

Skilletor

That OT title, lol.

Forgot I'd preordered this. Shipped today. Won't be able to dig in until I'm done with Dragon Age, though.

I got my CE last Wednesday, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Im working on getting closer to platinuming KH1 and then doing a quick playthrough of Re:CoM before I jump into KH2.

Also, I should be getting my copy of the KH HD ReMIX soundtrack tomorrow.

Dream Drop Distance isn't on eShop either, even though the game was released around the time Nintendo added retail titles to eShop, so adding KH to eShop to celebrate that would have been perfect, timing-wise. It's something legal, but not something that Square Enix, Sony, Disney, Utada OR Nintendo enforces, so I have no idea what it could actually be about. Are there any other worlds or properties in KHs that aren't fully owned by Disney that could prevent a digital release?

AFAIK Disney has done digital game related releases on all properties not ''fully owned'' by Disney so I doubt that's it. Honestly I think it's Utada but Nomura/SE doesn't want to ''blame her'' (probably has nothing to do with her personally ofc even if it was because of the songs). I would be very surprised if it isn't either Disney or some issue with Utada songs that is causing trouble.

Top Bottom