• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Man I can't believe I waited so long to say this but Pete's design is fucking atrocious. I actually like Nomura's designs normally, but he really fucked up with Pete.

it's tough to sound like a kid when you're a grown man

It's not so much them trying to sound like a kid, it's more like I feel they didn't put any effort into their lines with this one.

HeelPower

wow The level design in cavern of remembrance is so intriguing and well done.

They should really do stuff like this more often.

If they can do it why limit it to just one(optional) dungeon ?!

iosefe

y'know, i take that back. i'm pretty good at sounding like a little kid. for example, i could do a sample of the opening to rudolph the red nose reindeer twice and you might think they are different people.
Bullshit. You just wear really tight undies.

I should know.
tmi

Man, this "movie" goes on forever. Just when you think it's done there's always some more data to be found. Are they really gonna make me sit through a COM rehash now?

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, this "movie" goes on forever. Just when you think it's done there's always some more data to be found. Are they really gonna make me sit through a COM rehash now?

After KH3 I will eagerly wait for the mobile game that gets turned into a Re:___ New 3DS game that rehashes KH1, CoM, and then Coded. So you go through 4 different instances of Agrabah in a single game.

edit: Does Riku Reverse/Rebirth Agrabah count? 5 different instances of Agrabah.

Berordn

After KH3 I will eagerly wait for the mobile game that gets turned into a Re:___ New 3DS game that rehashes KH1, CoM, and then Coded. So you go through 4 different instances of Agrabah in a single game.

edit: Does Riku Reverse/Rebirth Agrabah count? 5 different instances of Agrabah.

re:chi is going to be a crazy trip

Wow just like I thought, Mickey's letter was actually just some vague nonsense that tells you nothing, you know I'm not even mad.

At the very least those 2 secret endings were dope as fuck.

The first one has me excited to play DDD. I actually bought it when it first came out but put off on playing it, because I never played any of the ones that came before it. Now I'll have to wait even longer till the N3DS comes out since I heard the gameplay was awful without that second stick.

I have no idea what was going on in the second one but it was still dope as hell.

lol.

Soriku

HOLY FUCKING SHIT just beat Mysterious Figure at lvl 44 with Aqua!!! 4 Thunder Surges and Curas did the trick. Still took me a lot of tries. IDK how I managed it. When he started turning invisible (can't hit him for like 20+ seconds!) I thought it was a glitch, but nope, it's just one of his moves. Once he started dropping meteors I thought I was done for sure. But I somehow persevered.

I sat down and watched all the cutscenes from The World That Never Was in Dream Drop Distance, since I was half-asleep when I first (and last) played through it, and... man...

It's just... Idk. I think the best part is that even the characters are like "jesus christ what the fuck is going on"

I'll defend the series's story up to KH2, and even a bit of BBS as a fun-but-silly romp, but DDD takes everything off the goddamn rails.

Also, I finally got all my synthesis stuff done and got my drive forms/summons leveled-up on HD 2.5 FM, so I get to crack into the data battles, mushrooms, and LW again. Dunno if I want to finish that up and then go into BBS FM, or if I want to get BBS to the post-game and then knock out both games at once.

Psxphile

HOLY FUCKING SHIT just beat Mysterious Figure at lvl 44 with Aqua!!! 4 Thunder Surges and Curas did the trick. Still took me a lot of tries. IDK how I managed it. When he started turning invisible (can't hit him for like 20+ seconds!) I thought it was a glitch, but nope, it's just one of his moves. Once he started dropping meteors I thought I was done for sure. But I somehow persevered.

Just did it with Terra myself. Level 60 on Critical. Even then, my defense stat wasn''t adequate (31) and every hit was instant 1HP w/ SC/OM. Terra's lack of iframes gets him killed more often than not, most of MF's move sets allow him to strike again after dodging the first attack, right when Terra's Slide leaves him vulnerable. The floating laser ball attack is pretty much impossible to escape. The key is to keep MF stunned as much as possible to limit his moveset: Thunder Surge him whenever he gets anywhere near you, stopping only to cure yourself when necessary. He'll occasionally block your attack and even has a Renewal Barrier, curing him slightly but if your attack stat is high you can drain his bar down to 2 with a few well-timed Thunder Surges. If you can keep up your assault you might even be able to wittle him down to his last bar before he goes invisible: if he does, you can probably kiss your ass goodbye. Just go crazy with the Surges and maybe he'll be stupid enough to run into them and give you the win... like he did with me.

Only took 15 tries.

Vanitas Remnant? Just cheesed him w/ Raids. Fuck that guy.

Next up is Armor of Eraqus. I can take a few hits from him before going red, but this is one fight Thunder Surges aren't going to help with, they do so little damage. I'll try again tomorrow.

qeu1Cgn.jpg

Joining the BBS platinum club yay! New Year's resolution: plat Re:CoM before KH3 comes out ;).

For whatever reason I did the Frozen Fortune in game trophy even if it isn't required. I never actually have used that command style in regular gameplay so I wonder how powerful it actually is. I wish there was an ice cream that just gave 100% chance for it so I might have experimented a little.

I think I won't be touching BBS again for a few years tho :lol. Bring on DDD HD.

Illucio

Banned
Illucio said:
It's sort of the name of the game, and has been the driving plot device of every action of the villains and the games characters in the first place. All we know about Kingdom Hearts (and what we can assume) is that it's the heart of all of one thing. As Nomura has clarified that the Kingdom Hearts opened on the moon in KH2 was "The Heart of Men", and the one opened in Birth By Sleep was "The Heart of the World." So we can assume that Kingdom Hearts is the embodiment and soul of one thing. But what Kingdom Hearts is used for and what purpose it has has been kept secret for a while now. :/ Even simply just calling it a way to gain power is a understatement because it's clear Kingdom Hearts serves some other purpose as to why there was a whole war that was fought over it. I can only assume from Xehanort's plan is that Kingdom Hearts might be like Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet, as in that it's a key or a piece of equipment that can be used a master remote controller to the universe itself. But that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY.... Sorry couldn't resist that.

I posted this in another thread, but for the sake of a discussion I'll just move this over here... But let me ask, does anyone know anything more about what Kingdom Hearts actually is and what it's main purpose as a plot device for the entire series so far? Despite being the name of the game series we know next to nothing about it.

Fj0823

I sat down and watched all the cutscenes from The World That Never Was in Dream Drop Distance, since I was half-asleep when I first (and last) played through it, and... man...

It's just... Idk. I think the best part is that even the characters are like "jesus christ what the fuck is going on"

I'll defend the series's story up to KH2, and even a bit of BBS as a fun-but-silly romp, but DDD takes everything off the goddamn rails.

Also, I finally got all my synthesis stuff done and got my drive forms/summons leveled-up on HD 2.5 FM, so I get to crack into the data battles, mushrooms, and LW again. Dunno if I want to finish that up and then go into BBS FM, or if I want to get BBS to the post-game and then knock out both games at once.

You know, the entire WTF attitude of the heroes actually makes me like DDD a lot.

If Mickey had just said "Of course! Its so simple!" then yes, it wouldve sucked

But in BbS Xehanort said he planned a lot of possible moves, were the simplest one was BbS plot!

I wasn't even mad when if revealed that clusterfuck as his master plan. I was kinda expecting it.

Just beat Aqua's story! Man that was great. But it feels like it's not over yet. I assume there is more episodes?

final episode+secret episode. If you are playing on Critical you need all the Xehanort Reports to unlock em (same for Proud I think). On Standard I think it's 100% journals to unlock.

Seda

Got Fantastic on the five Ice Cream Beat songs for Terra in about an hour.

Not too bad, the second one (Gummi Ship) gave me the most trouble.

Bladenic

final episode+secret episode. If you are playing on Critical you need all the Xehanort Reports to unlock em (same for Proud I think). On Standard I think it's 100% journals to unlock.

For Proud you need to complete the sticker album for each character too to unlock Secret Episode.

raven777

yea just finished final episode.

For Proud you need to complete the sticker album for each character too to unlock Secret Episode.

Damn it sounds annoying. The stickers are the crown things floating around in the world right?

Bladenic

yea just finished final episode.

Damn it sounds annoying. The stickers are the crown things floating around in the world right?

Yeah but they're easily obtainable at end game with all the abilities. Placing them in the album takes all of 30 seconds too.

Lightning

Banned
Lingering Will's attacks are so fucking random. When he attacks with Rising Sun, slashes and turning his key blades into that jet thing I can beat him easily.

When he spams that attack that locks my magic or attack command or puts me in that circle where I have to play a stupid minigame selecting the right command to get out I just can't beat him.

Basically how he starts the fight I will know if I can win or not since he seems to follow patterns but fuck that second moveset he does is very annoying. I'm fighting him over and over again trying to master his attacks but it's incredibly difficult to do.

Just finished the final visit to Space Paranoids. My opinion on KH2 remains the same nine years later: very flawed game that never lived up to the hype drummed up from those decade-old Famitsu scans. Stuff like the dumbed-down worlds, underused Org XII members, and the script (ATLANTICA JESUS CHRIST) still sting.

At least the Final Mix content is somewhat interesting, even if they don't solve the original game's problems. Any recommendations on what level I should be at for the new bosses? I beat the Absent Silhouette for Zexion and plan to tackle Larxene/Vexen before heading off to The World That Never Was, but was thinking I'd save the rest right before Xemnas.

Also, what is this "donut Gummi ship" and why should I use it?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Aw man, DSP beat Demyx in one video. I wanted salt.
At least there's still Xaldin and Roxas.

ZangBa

Aw man, DSP beat Demyx in one video. I wanted salt.
At least there's still Xaldin and Roxas.

Lol, I had that same feeling of disappointment when he successfully did the "Wrong Side of the Tracks" mission on his first attempt and then gloated about it in GTA: SA. I'm surprised he beat Zexion, but I know eventually he will come across Marluxia and rage. "My inputs dropped again cahmon man BULLSHIT hyuh hyuh"

I'm thinking of starting a level 1 playthrough even though I never do this in games. The only other game I've done this in was Lords of the Fallen which was really fun.

TuXx

Has anyone noticed the command menu acting glitchy in KH2?

A lot of times while moving the left analog stick, the command menu would randomly drop down to a different command or go to the sub menu. I've waisted so many potions and ended up dying because of Sora doing random shit.

HeelPower

Alright these data battles seem immensely challenging on critical.

To save my sanity and so as not to hate KH2,I am gonna do them later at some point.

I just don't feel like undertaking this shit right now.

Falk

that puzzling face
Has anyone noticed the command menu acting glitchy in KH2?

A lot of times while moving the left analog stick, the command menu would randomly drop down to a different command or go to the sub menu. I've waisted so many potions and ended up dying because of Sora doing random shit.

Not at all.

Anura

Lingering Will's attacks are so fucking random. When he attacks with Rising Sun, slashes and turning his key blades into that jet thing I can beat him easily.

When he spams that attack that locks my magic or attack command or puts me in that circle where I have to play a stupid minigame selecting the right command to get out I just can't beat him.

Basically how he starts the fight I will know if I can win or not since he seems to follow patterns but fuck that second moveset he does is very annoying. I'm fighting him over and over again trying to master his attacks but it's incredibly difficult to do.

The second move set is very easy once you know what to do. First you got to block the first string of attacks. Then glide away from the second. Reflect the last segment of his string and then pop him in the air with a single thunder spell so you can run up and punish it. That's how I did it and once I figured it out it was actually easier than the first.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
People weren't kidding about Roxas... took me at least 15 tries.

Boogins

Finally getting back to bbs after I got the platinum in kh2. Man the scene after aqua arrives in Olympus coliseum is super creepy.

Falk

that puzzling face
You platted CoM, this ought to be nothing.

Actually BBS plat was/is worse than CoM.

Disclaimer: Opinion may be subjectively biased by Falk not properly checking BBS trophy list, levelling Terra to 99 (lol) and then finding out there are no lv99 trophies in BBS.

Seda

So I played each command board from the menu, and then did them all again in the Arena for Terra.

Do I need to do them from the menu again for the other characters?

iosefe

So I played each command board from the menu, and then did them all again in the Arena for Terra.

Do I need to do them from the menu again for the other characters?

if you don't like the command board, i would have said only do it in the arena, so you can get wins for the journal record if that's your goal

Seda

if you don't like the command board, i would have said only do it in the arena, so you can get wins for the journal record if that's your goal

I mean, I like it enough, I went through them with Terra because I totally forgot it was a part of the Mirage arena. Just making sure I don't need to worry about it for completion or whatnot.

Falk

that puzzling face

Noooowp, technically:
- Command Board in Mirage Arena counts towards journo completion. So does Rumble Racing
- Some skills are only obtainable from Command Board outside of Mirage Arena. Such as Ragnarok, Focus Block/Shield, and some other shotlocks that have low chance of upgrading from completely different recipes (Aqua has it better than the other two here)

So you actually do have to do Command Board more than 7 times per character.

edit: I'm not 100% sure if you can get Pete D-Link from Mirage Arena either. I -think- the 3 Pooh character entries do get checked off, though.

iosefe

Noooowp, technically:
- Command Board in Mirage Arena counts towards journo completion. So does Rumble Racing
- Some skills are only obtainable from Command Board outside of Mirage Arena. Such as Ragnarok, Focus Block/Shield, and some other shotlocks that have low chance of upgrading from completely different recipes (Aqua has it better than the other two here)

So you actually do have to do Command Board more than 7 times per character.

edit: I'm not 100% sure if you can get Pete D-Link from Mirage Arena either. I -think- the 3 Pooh character entries do get checked off, though.

that explains why ragnarok hasn't appeared on my Ven on Keyblade board

thanks for the info

Top Bottom