• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kinda pissed off with Sony's attitude towards Europe

Zero7

We pay the most for both the Console and the games, we get the system a week later.Even little markets like Mexico get it before Europe I mean WTF?

I have mine pre-ordered,but I'm still unsure weather I want to go ahead with it. I'd at least hope Sony has a change of mind and moves the EU launch with the rest of the world.

Last edited:

tommycronin

Banned
This reminds me of that time years ago some guy was talking mad shit about the God of War 3 remaster being almost full price at release. Was saying how disgraceful it was and doesn't know how Sony can live with themselves and right at the bottom he said he was gonna be buying the game regardless. You fucking played yourself. So you're pissed but you've already pre ordered and that's your answer why Sony apparently doesn't care about you.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
You could try freezing yourself for that week between release dates...
giphy.gif

It was about Wii U, if I remember correctly.

You guys ever heard about taxes? 300 USD with 20% tax is above 300 EUR
70bucks with EU tax is 84.5USD. not 94USD (80EUR)

Last edited:

Goncas2

Why is everyone so surprised about €80 games? I know it sucks and it's bullshit, but games in Europe have been €70 for years now, both digitally and in some/most retailers.
If the US price is going to increase from $60 to $70, the EU increase from €70 to €80 was also bound to happen.
To clarify, I'm not saying the outrageous game prices in the EU are justified, I'm just saying they're not surprising.

Last edited:

Emedan

It does sting a little - no other market has been as loyal to Sony as the European one, all the way since the PS1 and we always get the shaft.

makaveli60

Why is everyone so surprised about €80 games? I know it sucks and it's bullshit, but games in Europe have been €70 for years now, both digitally and in some/most retailers.
If the US price is going to increase from $60 to $70, the EU increase from €70 to €80 was also bound to happen.
So you think it's right?
1 $ =/= 1 €
We already paid more than US yet they even increase compared to that while Euro having a larger value than Dollar.

dotnotbot

That's incorrect, I actually have to pay few bucks (Going from 499USD with 21% tax)

Well, it depends where you live, in Poland it's few bucks cheaper :messenger_tongue: but we've got 23%. I think they are obliged to give one price for the whole EU.

JCK75

It's been clear since early last gen that Sony is cocky enough to think they can shit on their fanbase and get away with it..
I want my PS exclusive games, but I'm getting to a point where I just don't want to play their BS game to get them anymore.

Goncas2

So you think it's right?
1 $ =/= 1 €
We already paid more than US yet they even increase compared to that while Euro having a larger value than Dollar.

No, I don't think it's right! I'm just saying that it's not surprising. If the prices were going to increase in general, it was expected that the prices in the EU would also go up.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think it has to do shipping and receiving, same day global outreach should be attempted

TheGrat1

Chill out about the release date. Japan got the PS4 4 months after everybody else and they own the damn thing. Plenty of American made movies premier overseas sometimes 2 weeks before we get to see it and you do not hear us whining.

Maybe Europe just isn't cool enough to get it the same day. Ever think about that? :messenger_winking_tongue:

Just like Oculus. 300usd but we pay fucking 350euro... That should be 280 euro
Are things not more expensive in Europe in general, anyway? Most European countries have a national VAT and your gasoline prices are obscene. Not to mention two levels of regulatory hurdles to clear: EU and national.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I can promise you sony gives no fucks about mexico and canada either. they just get it because they are so close to the U.S which is THE biggest market.

europe also has some pretty stupid laws that make importing stuff very expensive. u.s does not.

Out of the three big markets, Europe always gets Sony consoles last, so this isn't exactly suprising. One week is nothing, really. When PS4 launched it was 2 weeks, PS3 4 months, PS2 almost 9 months and PS1 almost a year.

Apocryphon

That's the cost of doing business in the European market for a company like Sony. You think they should net less profit on sales on the EU than elsewhere so that you can buy their products at a 1:1 price ratio with other markets... despite the fact that it's more expensive for them to operate there? No, and neither does Sony.

You're lucky you didn't have to pay N64 prices.

Sweep14

COME ON ! You're complaining because of 1 week delay ??? WTF is this attitude seriously.
There was a 2 Weeks delay for PS4 between the US Launch and the European one and nobody complained at that time

Last edited:

makaveli60

No, I don't think it's right! I'm just saying that it's not surprising. If the prices were going to increase in general, it was expected that the prices in the EU would also go up.
I see. I think we have to be vocal about this and don't accept it. Instead of pandering to braindamaged SJWs they should listen to us, gamers, who love this hobby but they are making it harder and harder for us to do so. This won't end well, I'm sure. Less and less people will buy games day 1 and gaming in general will regress.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
70$ + 10% VAT = 77$ (USD with VAT)
80€ x 1,18 = 94,74$ (USD with VAT)

Now tell me, won´t you outraged to pay 85,50$ a game (without VAT)
Not sure where these number are coming from honestly. 1,18 and 85,50$ Care to elaborate.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
We pay the most for both the Console and the games, we get the system a week later.Even little markets like Mexico get it before Europe I mean WTF?

I have mine pre-ordered,but I'm still unsure weather I want to go ahead with it. I'd at least hope Sony has a change of mind and moves the EU launch with the rest of the world.
I think Mexico actually buys more shit than (individual) European countries.

Top Bottom