• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) announced, launch title [1080p/30fps]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ioJlDY6anfptc.gif

I wonder how Guerrilla devs feel when they read shit like this.

They're probably busy polishing the game to even care about that absurd satement.

Portugeezer

This. The stupidity surrounding this subject is immense. As long as 30fps is accepted mass market there will be games that feature it (because the trade offs are worth it according to the devs). With the same token it agitates me greatly when people arbitrarily choose which genres ought to be relegated to 60fps as a rule. It reached a pinnacle with Drive Club. I can't remember this much bitching when PGR or Motorstorm came out.

At the end of the day, all games are smoother at 60fps than 30fps (an objective truth) and there are many of us who find 30fps to be absolutely fine and playable (as evidenced by sales of games that show the consumer base almost fps agnostic). So one's preference for 60fps is a matter of independent choice. And if one only plays 60fps games, then one can play on PC.

I remember the PC days of everyone enjoying Crysis on max settings at 15fps.

It's mentioned briefly in a slide notation (not on the slide itself) and it's pretty obvious when looking at fingers, helmets, and rubble.

Which slide # are you referring to? Ive read through all the notes on every slide and I haven't seen anything mentioned about tessellation at all.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Which slide # are you referring to? Ive read through all the notes on every slide and I haven't seen anything mentioned about tessellation at all.
Don't remember. It could have also been something the guy presenting the lighting presentation said. I know it wasn't on any of the slides themselves.

This game looks visually astonishing, but all the new tech in the world won't help to create an interesting universe with some memorable characters. I hope Guerrilla is taking the writing as seriously as they are with the rest of the presentation, as that was one aspect they always failed on.

i-Lo

This game looks visually astonishing, but all the new tech in the world won't help to create an interesting universe with some memorable characters. I hope Guerrilla is taking the writing as seriously as they are with the rest of the presentation, as that was one aspect they always failed on.

This true for all games but after what a personal let down KZ3 was in terms of character (albeit with the meat head called Rico), atmosphere and outright identity, I am expecting a little less.

We almost had an more obscure and less talkative version of Darth Vader (thanks clever shot selections) whose presence was undeniable. I leave you with this:

Official Radec concept art that can found here: http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_killzone-2_a.html

The game really requires an antagonist with that sort of presence.

Cidd

This true for all games but after what a personal let down KZ3 was in terms of character (albeit with the meat head called Rico), atmosphere and outright identity, I am expecting a little less.

We almost had an more obscure and less talkative version of Darth Vader (thanks clever shot selections) whose presence was undeniable. I leave you with this:

Official Radec concept art:

The game really requires an antagonist with that sort of presence.

Links are broken.

Edit: They're working fine now.

I always find it humorous how many people think that 60fps is some fixed performance number and that with more power its cost decreases. They then go into threads with their herp derp statements that they think are meaningful never realising how utterly dumb they sound to everyone else with an iota of understanding.
Don't insult the herp derps by comparing them to stupid heads who think it's 60 fps or bust.

I really hope this game has some big open vehicular levels like Halo. The vehicular combat in Halo is just awesome!! GG needs to learn a thing or two from them

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Will KZSF have prone in MP now? Game needs some serious prone tacticz!

I wish that they'd let you hug cover in multiplayer. The cover system is one of my favorite things about Killzone, so it's kind of disappointing that it isn't available in multiplayer.

Blizzje

The lighting is impressive, but is the 'vignette' effect from Killzone 3 still being used? I see somewhat darker corners, especially in the top left and top right of the screen. Or does that have to do with the dynamic lighting? Anyone care to explain how that stuff works? I absolutely hate vignetting in Killzone 3 and Mass Effect 3, it's way too pronounced.

driver116

I really hope this game has some big open vehicular levels like Halo. The vehicular combat in Halo is just awesome!! GG needs to learn a thing or two from them

Yup, or just freedom in general, exploration, own pace etc. I remember the mech level on KZ3 was a little 'open'.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I wish that they'd let you hug cover in multiplayer. The cover system is one of my favorite things about Killzone, so it's kind of disappointing that it isn't available in multiplayer.

They apparently tested with it included and it slowed down the matches too much for what they were going for. I always wished that they would have included a mode with no time limit and cover turned on....could have been amazing.

Let SP be 30fps so they have their pretty marketing tool, make MP 60fps so it will last and be competitive..

Most people that want 60 are MP guy's anyway and visa versa..
i guess

I'm pumped. Climbing is part of the reason I love Crysis 2 so much.

climbing, while a simple mechanic, adds a whole new layer of complexity into the gameplay. The PS3 was memory constrained and therefore GG was limited to how many layers they could add. I am very excited to see what developers can do with this 5+ gbs of memory in each console.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Inexcusable.

Pass for me, whenever I buy a PS4, even though I do enjoy the Killzone franchise.
I will never understand the co-op only people. It sucks that a feature from KZ3 is gone but there are some people who really seem to hate playing single player modes alone and it's infecting my SP games.

This game looks amazing, and will probably run excellent. I hate that it has to be this game showing off those graphics, though. Killzone sucks.

Still looking forward to what this game box is capable of. Body is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom