• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) announced, launch title [1080p/30fps]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

It looked rather boring, but I'm not buying this game for the SP. I skipped Killzone 3 because I didn't like the direction the MP was going. I hope this time they nail down the netcode at least. It was pretty horrific in Killzone 2. Hopefully the MP in this one will be better than K2.

Everyone saying gameplay is boring, what are you expecting? It's an FPS. At least Killzone has smart and reactive AI, plus the addition of civilians could be interesting. Only part that I didn't like was the stupid super-hero hanging from dropship nonsense.

Haters can hate, I'm hyped.

Zephyrus

Banned
I'm reading people's impressions saying this didn't wow them as much as the previous gen launch games.

Can someone post pics comparing Resistance: FOM and Killzone: SF?

It clearly was. There was a guy playing, and not doing a very good job at it.

Great. I guess they learned harshly from the KZ2 trailer.

1shows.jpg

2fooy0.jpg

3m3p08.jpg

4phrt5.jpg

5f8rki.jpg

60jpco.jpg

7czr3n.jpg

SWEET JESUS... probably bullshots but not far away from the target.

Loved that moment when the Helghast's stealth camo started to jitter and he leaned over you. Fuck that was awesome.

Facism

one thing i'm not liking is the lack of accuracy when shoulder-firing and this necessity of having to ADS for anything further than a metre away.

could just be the weapon, but kz3 paints a worrying precedent for KZ: ADS edition.

Yeah, this game really impressed me today. Also, those screens, lord have mercy. This is going to be fantastic to play when it releases.

was the game running in 720p or 1080p? i know the upload ended up being 720p. but the quality from the stream i can't tell but say 720p

I'm not really impressed. It seems like they are trying to make this franchise into COD more and more. People loved Killzone 2 for its dreading atmosphere, heavy movement and powerful guns. Now it feels like a bright and Shiny pea shooter with explosions like COD

Blown away and this is a freaking launch title built on lower specs that what is in the final system. Too bad it's killzone, but the next Naughty Dog and Santa Monica game will be incredible.

i-Lo

Great. I guess they learned harshly from the KZ2 trailer.

SWEET JESUS... probably bullshots but not far away from the target.

Loved that moment when the Helghast's stealth camo started to jitter and he leaned over you. Fuck that was awesome.

What are you talking about? Those are direct captures from the trailer.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm not really impressed. It seems like they are trying to make this franchise into COD more and more. People loved Killzone 2 for its dreading atmosphere, heavy movement and powerful guns. Now it feels like a bright and Shiny pea shooter with explosions like COD

Explosions generally happen when explosives are used.

Everything is bright and shiny due to it not being on Helghan anymore. A planet that was a shithole to live on hence why the Helghast were so pissed off with getting the short end of the stick and having to colonize Helghan.

Raistlin

While it was hard for me to get a feel for texture detail during the conference, I was blown away about the sheer amount of shit going on at once. The amount of particles (smoke, fire, sparks), soft fabrics, characters, etc. just made the environment feel so alive. Combined with the lighting ... it just looked unbelievable.

Tuck

The city flyover was ridiculously impressive. And... colorful. Which caught me off guard for a Killzone title.

But once the shooting started, it just looked same old. I mean, we barely saw anything but aside from pretty graphics, its standard shooter fare.

strata8

It's a bit telling that 5 of the 6 screenshots posted above are on-rails sections or cutscenes.

Clinton514

I'm riding this train. So this takes place about 2 decades after the events of Killzone 3 according to the Killdotcom tweet.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So I guess this like a prequel?

“Killzone Shadow Fall” takes place thirty years after the events of “Killzone 3.” The world has undergone radical changes and is a very different place from what it was. Two rival factions live side-by-side in a futuristic city divided only by a wall. The two factions are the Helghast and the Vektans. With tensions mounting, the cold war the two are involved in is about to get hot.

Players will assume the role of a Shadow Marshal – a member of an elite Special Forces group that is tasked with the duty of maintaining the delicate balance between the two nations."

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
While it was hard for me to get a feel for texture detail during the conference, I was blown away about the sheer amount of shit going on at once. The amount of particles (smoke, fire, sparks), soft fabrics, characters, etc. just made the environment feel so alive. Combined with the lighting ... it just looked unbelievable.

The fire and smoke were insane. That's what really stood out to me as well.

okay let's talk the setting : that last scene looks like an helgan ghetto... on Vekta ? Helgan refugees from the tragedy Sev pulled of back on their planets ? With terrorist (see the informational panels saying " black hand leader captive ") etc ?

Soo good to be back on vekta

cryptic

Yeah, from being amazed with the killzone art direction all the way back when first hearing about it on the ps2 months before it was announced, scouring the internet, examining small .jpgs from foreign mags. Something about it was just so unique to me then.
Whatever attracted me to the series then and in the sequel is lost on me in this, I'm not looking forward to this at all.
There is nothing in this series that is even vaguely original anymore.
This is just the sequel to ghost recon:future warrior.

KZObsessed

If you noticed the weapon being used the general design makes it appear to be a fully automatic railgun basically. Therefore, there would not really be any recoil as it uses magnetic propulsion and not a propellant like conventional firearms do. Therefore it makes sense that the particular weapon would not have much or any recoil at all.

Very good point. Hopefully they'll still have a wide selection of meaty weapons as they're just way more fun. Main reason I don't like most sci-fi shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom