• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) announced, launch title [1080p/30fps]

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone is excited about the game

the 8g ram was promoted by other sites . I am not spilling out any material info that can cause significant clamor , although i know secrets at e3 which will cause panic and betrayaltons

Interesting.

But look, coming from someone who works with business, finances and marketing on the daily, I'd advise you to keep your mouth closed for your own sake - that is if what youre saying or know is true.

Let Sony do their own thing. Even coming out as an insider is not a wise choice. Just my 2 cents.

Afrikan

"secrets at e3 which will cause panic and betrayaltons"?

oh man, hearing more and more of this.... this is like previews of a big film that will be released later in the year.

I WANT TO SEE IT NOW!!

aganu

the 8g ram was promoted by other sites . I am not spilling out any material info that can cause significant clamor , although i know secrets at e3 which will cause panic and betrayaltons
Panic to which side; Sony or MS? Or to both? In any case, a truck load of popcorn won't be enough for E3 it seems lol.

everyone is excited about the game

You just sound like a very enthusiastic Sony fan to me and I don't think you have any insider information. I'm not excited about the game. I've played KZ3.

He hardly said anything for you to start calling him a fake. >_>

He hardly said anything, period. It boils down to stuff we already know and "omg it's going to be so great" speak.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him fake, because how would I know? (though the "I handle all the big accounts" thing sounds weird to me), but I also don't see any reason to take him at face value.

Takuya

Banned
Someone who manages big accounts of big investors, who are invited to the insider meetings of all monstrous companies like apple, sony, ms, samsung, toyota, honda nissan. So i get info months ahead of any release for those companies

:)

There is certain info that they do tell investors, but there is a lot of info they do not tell investors and keep internally.

Sorral

Panic to which side; Sony or MS? Or to both? In any case, a truck load of popcorn won't be enough for E3 it seems lol.

With how EA has been in bed with Sony this generation while Activision was with MS...then here comes the PS meeting and it is the other way around (with EA not showing anything at all for the PS4). It should be a clear indication that things will really be different in the next generation compared to now.

HooYaH

Odd, I thought this gen, all third parties have already moved onto multiplatform from Sony's previous gen. Who else can betray Sony? FFvXIII? That game is already multiplatform in my eyes. Persona? Unless a publisher is going to side exclusively to one side.

Odd, I thought this gen, all third parties have already moved onto multiplatform from Sony's previous gen. Who else can betray Sony? FFvXIII? That game is already multiplatform in my eyes. Persona? Unless a publisher is going to side exclusively to one side.

From could go MS exclusive. They have before. Dark Souls 2 exclusively on Durango. BOOM.

Zaptruder

Banned
KZ will be a monster franchise this gen

Guerilla showed you the non-intense parts of the game . It is beautiful and will be massive

Unless you're talking about this been a simple introduction to a game scope that we simply had not expected (i.e. it's an open world adventure/explorer/RPG/shooter)... and not the relatively linear rail/maze based high production shooter that we're familiar with...

I don't think the delta between our previous expectations and this KZ4 reveal... could be possibly be exceeded by the delta between what they've just revealed and the 'best parts' of the game.

I mean, yes, we're going to expect the typical increasingly hyperbolic hero narrative of excellent set pieces, and no, I don't think people expect to be shown the absolute best bits right off the bat (but they do expect to see some of the highlights upfront for the hook)...

But then, we've seen that before in COD and previous Killzone and Halo games. We just haven't seen new next gen graphics done 'right' up until now.

HooYaH

From could go MS exclusive. They have before. Dark Souls 2 exclusively on Durango. BOOM.

Could be, but that doesn't seem to cause panic and betrayals to me. Panics are usually something out from left field, megaton-esque. Something megaton would be Amy Hennig leaving to Microsoft.

Umm it says here that MS acquired Bungie in 2000 until 07 when Bungie went independent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungie

Hypothetically speaking, couldn't ND do the same thing or is the case different?

You really think Sony is going to let, arguably, some of the greatest graphical wizards go without a fight?

I guarantee Sony will get rid of every other studio before they let the big 3 (Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla Games, and Naughty Dog) leave in any shape or form.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Umm it says here that MS acquired Bungie in 2000 until 07 when Bungie went independent:

Hypothetically speaking, couldn't ND do the same thing or is the case different?

Didn't know that. Still, there's almost zero chance of ND leaving. Sony funds them extremely well, allows them to do whatever they want and gives them as much time to do it as necessary. Bungie's split from Microsoft was due to MS not letting them do anything but Halo.

Afrikan

There is no way Naughty Dog can leave the World Wide Studios right?

at-first-I-was-like-but-then-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2145.gif

Zaptruder

Banned

Yeah I suppose so.

I imagine the Bungie/MS split went along the lines of;

Bungie: We want to do something other than Halo.

MS: No, more Halo, or you're fired!

Bungie: Ok, we'll tank Halo!

MS: Wait no, I'm sure we can reach a reasonable compromise.

Bungie: You take Halo, we'll continue to make games for the Xboxen but we call the shots on what we make. Or we'll tank whatever you make us work on!

MS: Hmmm. Fine! Whatever! You've only got one good IP anyway! We'll get someone else to make it 10 times better than you could've!

Press Release: MS releases Bungie as an independent studio unto itself, because of the enduring love and respect they have for each other. Happily ever after.

Massa

With how EA has been in bed with Sony this generation while Activision was with MS...then here comes the PS meeting and it is the other way around (with EA not showing anything at all for the PS4). It should be a clear indication that things will really be different in the next generation compared to now.

EA "switched sides" last year already, where unlike previous years they used 360 controllers to demonstrate their games. They also didn't have a demo at the Sony presser, announced exclusive content for Xbox 360 and things like that. I'm 99% sure we'll see Battlefield 4 at the next Xbox event.

Zophar

I have a feeling Sony has a much stronger relationship with developers and publishers across the board than Microsoft does. Sony lost a lot of exclusives near the start of this generation due largely in part to their bone-headed handling of the PS3's first couple years, but what a lot of people gloss over is the number of exclusives and deals MS lost over the course of the generation, too: Mass Effect, Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden, GTAIV's expansions, all were huge feather's in MS's cap that ended up jumping ship.

The systems ended up pretty homogenized, but it was definitely a two-way street. What makes the trend interesting though is the directional flow it took as the generation progressed, as Sony closed the exclusivity gap they faced early on pretty dramatically. Seeing Bungie and Activision partnering up with Sony says a lot to me; it makes me wonder about how well MS treated them.

Stark

Banned
Didn't know that. Still, there's almost zero chance of ND leaving. Sony funds them extremely well, allows them to do whatever they want and gives them as much time to do it as necessary. Bungie's split from Microsoft was due to MS not letting them do anything but Halo.

And the fact that some of the team is part of their internal ICE team, right?

Stark

Banned
Yeah, then it's a much different case/relationship than Microsoft & Bungie. ND also seems quite happy there.

I do think in case those betrayaltons being true, it would cater more to Sony's side. They seem indefinitely ahead of the game here. Locking exclusive content with Destiny, announcing Blizzard partnership in some form, Self-publishing for indie devs.

You really think Sony is going to let, arguably, some of the greatest graphical wizards go without a fight?

I guarantee Sony will get rid of every other studio before they let the big 3 (Sony Santa Monica, Guerilla Games, and Naughty Dog) leave in any shape or form.

You mean big 4 PD is bigger than any one of them .
If PD can go back to the days PS1 and PS2 of 2 GT games like normal that would be great for Sony .

kuroshiki

Yeah I suppose so.

I imagine the Bungie/MS split went along the lines of;

Bungie: We want to do something other than Halo.

MS: No, more Halo, or you're fired!

Bungie: Ok, we'll tank Halo!

MS: Wait no, I'm sure we can reach a reasonable compromise.

Bungie: You take Halo, we'll continue to make games for the Xboxen but we call the shots on what we make. Or we'll tank whatever you make us work on!

MS: Hmmm. Fine! Whatever! You've only got one good IP anyway! We'll get someone else to make it 10 times better than you could've!

Press Release: MS releases Bungie as an independent studio unto itself, because of the enduring love and respect they have for each other. Happily ever after.

Eh. how about this?

MS: Fuck you!

Bungie: No, Fuck you!

Sorral

EA "switched sides" last year already, where unlike previous years they used 360 controllers to demonstrate their games. They also didn't have a demo at the Sony presser, announced exclusive content for Xbox 360 and things like that. I'm 99% sure we'll see Battlefield 4 at the next Xbox event.

Ah, I wasn't aware that they already switched sides since last year. Which new game that's getting exclusive content on the 360? Dead Space 3 with "Better with Kinect" ads I'm guessing.

Yeah, them not showing a demo at the PS meeting was a clear indicator of what's happening.

Globox_82

Banned
sony made second ND team because some Leads wanted to leave and work on other stuff. ND is not going anywhere - that moronic to even consider. ND will go 3 team in next 2 years. Yosp mentioned that some studios will become 3 team.

Derrick01

Banned
There is no way Naughty Dog can leave the World Wide Studios right?

Even if they could, why would they? Sony gave them an entire new team so they could make something new while likely making Uncharted 4 at the same time so they wouldn't get burnt out, and Sony lets them take their time and do what they want almost. You're not going to get that treatment with MS or anyone else.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm really looking forward to see the multiplayer. Warzone mode is pretty much a given i'd say. I also hope that they will include Operation mode that we saw in Killzone 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom