• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) announced, launch title [1080p/30fps]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing these guys get right (and very few other games do) is the actual feeling of shooting a gun. Hopefully they dont lose that with this game, cause otherwise it looks fucking awesome.

the coolest thing i noticed was that it wasn't really a coordinated shooter like current gen shooters. i noticed a lot of sprinting through big open areas for fire fights....

maybe i am looking into too much.. but i think the scale may have been underplayed once he started playing
The first thing I noticed is how big the battlefield is now. Things have opened up a lot. I've watched it several times now, and each time I notice nice little details. This is a big jump, and clearly screams next gen to me.

Afrikan

um......anyone getting any futuristic Gaza Strip border vibes? (but opposite sides)
8492670257_f250709195_k.jpg

aug-gaza-2nd-002.jpg

image-104863-galleryV9-fsim.jpg

Shayan

Banned
btw forgot to tell you guys

There were plans to showcase a live playthrough of Destiny on ps conf. It was canned by dont know who because of this KZ

Destiny looks good on next gen consoles but nothing close to KZ

i-Lo

Pertaining to technical side of graphics, how is it that GG has seemingly become so adept at using SSAO in such proper fashion while creators of BF3 and especially MoH:W struggled to do it right without abusing it (black halo) at every other corner?

Also, anyone reckon they are using "imperfect shadow maps" (like The Last of Us) because I saw quite a bit of diffused shadows which I am not sure is due to SSAO?

Afrikan

There were plans to showcase a live playthrough of Destiny on ps conf. It was canned by dont know who because of this KZ

kind of like me at a club when some 6'6 dude decides out of all the places in the club to stand at...he chooses right next to my 5'10 arse. WTF?

heck one time I had Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas, Michael Bush all come stand next to me. :/

I know it was just an early demonstration but it didnt look like the game consistently held 30 fps to me. The flying parts looked so fluid compared to the firefight in the middle of the demo. I also thought KZ3's framerate wasnt quite up to scratch so i really hope they can get it right by launch.

I know it was just an early demonstration but it didnt look like the game consistently held 30 fps to me. The flying parts looked so fluid compared to the firefight in the middle of the demo. I also thought KZ3's framerate wasnt quite up to scratch so i really hope they can get it right by launch.

Well, it's two different segments. Intro is very scripted and allows for easier performance control etc.

Second segment(gameplay part) not so much, but I'm pretty sure It's one of the things they will improve upon launch.

D23

Thank you. Just saw the 1080P feed off YT but still looks like crap. I cant wait to actually play this in person. So many details are lost on a streaming file. I wish you could download an MP4 file off Sony servers to get the full detail.

reallllyyyy??????

Shayan

Banned
All of your posts aren't event discussion - they're all blanket troll statements

Killzone was made with 4gbs ddr5 ram in mind

yes thats true

the plan to incorporate 8g was implemented 2 months ago to give MS a deathblow

with 8g GDDR5, 1080p60fps is just no brainer

reallllyyyy??????

haha . posts like those LOL. KZ looks better than crysis 3 on maxed pc settings and we are just talking launch games built with 4g gddr5 in mind

Can someone tell me where you guys got that info from?

what is stated by GG themselves?

Digital Foundry said they spoke to many devs who are developing for the PS4 right now that the 8GB ram revealed at the conference was a surprise to them, so these devs were in fact showing off these games running off 4GB ram, many assuming Guerilla as well.

dummydecoy

The problem with a 30fps target is that it is certainly going to dip at some points in the game, whether from poor optimization, too much shit going on the screen, et cetera. And when that happens, the judder takes me out of the game instantly.

A 60fps game can hover to the low 40s and still look butter smooth.

KidBeta

The problem with a 30fps target is that it is certainly going to dip at some points in the game, whether from poor optimization, too much shit going on the screen, et cetera. And when that happens, the judder takes me out of the game instantly.

A 60fps game can hover to the low 40s and still look butter smooth.

I have no doubt the game will be locked at a solid 30FPS for the entire game.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Digital Foundry said they spoke to many devs who are developing for the PS4 right now that the 8GB ram revealed at the conference was a surprise to them, so these devs were in fact showing off these games running off 4GB ram, many assuming Guerilla as well.

Ok interesting.

NeoUltima

Could explain why the Bungie guys looked kind of mad when they came out lol.

Shayan

Banned
If Sony wanted a big launch they should have gotten GT6 ready .
Still i hope they got other stuff cause a fps will never get me to buy a system .

KZ will be a monster franchise this gen

Guerilla showed you the non-intense parts of the game . It is beautiful and will be massive

Could explain why the Bungie guys looked kind of mad when they came out lol.

what happens when you left home and later feel bad about your parents and want to return home? MS should have let Bungie test out different games from different genres and they would have never split

TEH-CJ

Banned
I still think GG are ahead of every first party developer in terms of technical wizadry.

Naughty dog and SSM are the only other devs that come close.

by the way I absolotuly adore the new approach on art direction and level design. So vibrant, yet not overdone.

TEH-CJ

Banned

Guerilla showed you the non-intense parts of the game . It is beautiful and will be massive

what happens when you left home and later feel bad about your parents and want to return home? MS should have let Bungie test out different games from different genres and they would have never split

Do you have insider info? :eek:

or is this just speculation?

Stark

Banned

Who are you?

Even so i don't play fps i get motion sickness after 3 or 4 hours with them lol .
So i hope the got a few other cards to play when it comes to games .
Still can't wait to see how KZSF going to look when they using the extra ram , wonder if we going to see anything at GDC.

Shayan

Banned
Who are you?

Someone who manages big accounts of big investors, who are invited to the insider meetings of all monstrous companies like apple, sony, ms, samsung, toyota, honda nissan. So i get info months ahead of any release for those companies

:)

Stark

Banned
Someone who manages big accounts of big investors, who are invited to the insider meetings of all monstrous companies like apple, sony, ms, samsung, toyota, honda nissan. So i get info months ahead of any release for those companies

Are you sure this is a good idea then?

njean777

I thought I was the only one excited for this game, now I know i am not alone. I thought it looked really good. Hope they fix the MP this time and do not let everybody run around with c4, BRING THE SPAWN GRENADES BACK GG!

Shayan

Banned
I thought I was the only one excited for this game, now I know i am not alone. I thought it looked really good. Hope they fix the MP this time and do not let everybody run around with c4, BRING THE SPAWN GRENADES BACK GG!

everyone is excited about the game

Are you sure this is a good idea then?

the 8g ram was promoted by other sites . I am not spilling out any material info that can cause significant clamor , although i know secrets at e3 which will cause panic and betrayaltons

So have you seen more of Killzone: Shadow Fall than what was shown?

stryke

everyone is excited about the game

the 8g ram was promoted by other sites . I am not spilling out any material info that can cause significant clamor , although i know secrets at e3 which will cause panic and betrayaltons

Versus XIII exclusive to X720...oh god, nononononono....

I wonder on which side or if it is both .
This also goes along with people saying timed exclusive going to be big next gen .
Sorry about going off topic .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom