• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keanu Reeves is making a comic book.

BRZRKR is the first comic book and graphic novel series from the iconic Keanu Reeves, who makes his comic book writing debut alongside New York Times best-selling co-writer Matt Kindt (Folklords, Justice League of America), superstar artist Ron Garney (Wolverine, Captain America), Eisner and Harvey Award-nominated colorist Bill Crabtree (BPRD), and letterer Clem Robins (Hellboy) in a brutally violent new series about one immortal warrior’s fight through the ages.

Naturally, it already surpassed the goal by quite a lot. The man is a fucking legend.

Interesting....but why would Keanu need to kick start a project that was well under a million?! He could fund this easily. Maybe to gauge interest but not sure why else..

Compsiox

Banned
Interesting....but why would Keanu need to kick start a project that was well under a million?! He could fund this easily. Maybe to gauge interest but not sure why else..
He asked for a pretty small amount so probably to gauge interest. Remember these aren't donations. These people will be getting the finished product.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

And a bunch of salty indie comic creators on Twitter are trying to get it canceled. Apparently celebrities aren't allowed to take away their business.

Keanu Reeves' graphic novel BRZRKR from Boom Studios is coming under fire from indie comics creators on Twitter. Why? It's making hundreds of thousands of dollars and they feel like a publisher like Boom! and a celebrity like Reeves shouldn't be using the crowdfunding platform, as they're taking money from smaller creators. Yeah, apparently there are some unspoken "rules" about this sort of thing...

Kenpachii

And a bunch of salty indie comic creators on Twitter are trying to get it canceled. Apparently celebrities aren't allowed to take away their business.

They are kinda right on this front. Pretty sure keanu banked 100's of millions for his movies, absolute zero reason he needs crowdfunding.

In my vision crowdfunding is for people that have no financial solutions but want to create something and search other people that want to support them in doing so.

Last edited:
An immortal warrior's fight through the ages. This kind of reminds me of Vandal Savage

People on twitter are mostly just a bunch of whiny turds. Screw them.

Last edited:

Dynomite

Cr
They are kinda right on this front. Pretty sure keanu banked 100's of millions for his movies, absolute zero reason he needs crowdfunding.

In my vision crowdfunding is for people that have no financial solutions but want to create something and search other people that want to support them in doing so.

Crowd funding also serves to show demand and how much effort they should invest in the project. Also, it's always a better idea to use someone else's money for funding if you can.

LoV

Banned
Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot of great material out there from these underground writers. Last time I checked, the comic industry was about to collapse and DC can't get their shit together.

He has donated almost all his income. Look it up. He does not live in fancy mansions like other movie stars, never has. That's why everyone loves him, he's just modest and I'm pretty sure he'll donate the rest of the money from the kickstart or use it for something good if its allowed, and if not, who gives a shit, if people support it.

Top Bottom