• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kameo: pretty damn fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyp

anyone else having fun with kameo? after reading the not-so-rave reviews, i had lowered my expectations of this game.

to my surprise, it's turning out to be an original game in its own right. not only is it fun to morph into the other characters, i love trying out different combos in between battles and racking up battle points for some really rewarding kills. i don't remember, but weren't there some people who were downplaying the visuals? holy shit, this game looks beautiful at 720p. and the soundtrack owns.

anyone else have some positive impressions of the game? this is definitely a sleeper for those that like this type of game.

IJoel

hyp said:
anyone else having fun with kameo? after reading the not-so-rave reviews, i had lowered my expectations of this game.

to my surprise, it's turning out to be an original game in its own right. not only is it fun to morph into the other characters, i love trying out different combos in between battles and racking up battle points for some really rewarding kills. i don't remember, but weren't there some people who were downplaying the visuals? holy shit, this game looks beautiful at 720p. and the soundtrack owns.

anyone else have some positive impressions of the game? this is definitely a sleeper for those that like this type of game.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Since I don't have a 360, I played it at Compusa today. I just figured I would see what the game was all about, until I noticed an hour and half had passed, lol.

hyp

dskillzhtown said:
Since I don't have a 360, I played it at Compusa today. I just figured I would see what the game was all about, until I noticed an hour and half had passed, lol.

i actually had a bad first experience with the demo last week. my bad though, i didn't really give it a chance. but after playing it for the past 3 hours at home, it's definitely a whole new experience.

Leatherface

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to play it much on the demo kiosk and honestly came away unimpressed, but it did seem like something that you'd have to spend some time with to get an accurate measure of how good the game really is. Glad to hear it's turning out to be good. :)

LakeEarth

There was another Kameo thread where someone said "it basically feels like a beat-em-up in disguise". Only the first bit of the game is like this. You have to, have to, HAVE TO get through the opening stage before the game actually gets good. Its kinda funny, it seems like the beginning was tacked on to make the game more interesting, and instead it had the opposite effect, turning off most people before the game even really starts.

WordofGod

Banned
Kameo came with my bundle and I still haven't opened it. Are you guys sure the game is worth opening because the demo sucked!

stone128

LakeEarth said:
There was another Kameo thread where someone said "it basically feels like a beat-em-up in disguise". Only the first bit of the game is like this. You have to, have to, HAVE TO get through the opening stage before the game actually gets good. Its kinda funny, it seems like the beginning was tacked on to make the game more interesting, and instead it had the opposite effect, turning off most people before the game even really starts.

What exactly changes after the opening stage?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
hyp said:

I watched my twin girls play Thorn's Castle on Co-op. Shit is beautiful. Honestly. I think I'm going to have fun with that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom