• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The changes introduced with Season 2 of Diablo 4 are pretty fun but man, that battle pass shit just makes me want to find something else to play

drotahorror

Made it to 91 and I'm done again. I don't feel like grinding for Duriel mats anymore, fuck Helltides. Like I gotta schedule my whole day around playing D4. Is it really that bad to have a Helltide every hour in a new location like the Blood Harvest?

Last edited:
Any paid game with a battle pass = instant pass for me now.
When progression is based around a system designed to get players to spend money it is already corrupted, just a matter of how far they take it and hint it always gets worse not better!

LMAO you just talking out your ass homie. Explain how the progression in Diablo 4 is designed to get people to buy the battle pass.

Orbital2060

Im not doing another timed battle pass, ever. Season 1 was the final straw. Not the game, but the 90-day unlock schedule, in any game. Its so braindead. A great way for devs to keep players locked in, and secure revenue. But the whole idea of the battle pass has been lifted from PUBG, and it has more than run its course. Devs need to find another way to implement a battle pass thing. Im gonna play on eternal and try and beat uber lilith, and thats the game for me, what I paid for. And be done with it.

Roxkis_ii

D4 was my first Diablo game. I really enjoyed the campaign, but afterwards, I find myself bored. I know I could do nightmare dungeons and what ever, but I feel like I'm leveling up for no reason. I don't know what I'm working towards.

Orbital2060

One solution for diablo, would be to have all of the cosmetics and unlocks available in a chest in town, or a separate tab in your chest, when you buy the premium pass. Then you can play as much as you want to and maybe have separate season tables with rare uniques and legendaries. I would pay for that, without the fomo.

The idea of a battle pass is good enough, its just that no devs have done anything to the PUBG/Fortnite system of unlocks, theyve just taken the whole template and forced it on whatever game they are making.

Last edited:
I've never purchased a Honda. Literally billions of people will never purchase a Honda.
Yet they're everywhere.

No matter how many people stop buying this junk - it'll still be everywhere as that'll only make it easier for the next TikToker to rise to the top of end game.

It'll never go away, the best you can do is go have fun elsewhere.

Sojiro

We wanted D2 with better graphics with D3. That didn't turn out so great either. Thank god for Resurrected though. Best Diablo by far.
What's funny is I remember diehard Diablo 2 fans shitting on Diablo 3 for the longest time, and while I did agree with some of their points, I really, really enjoyed my time with D3. Now I see a lot of claims that D4 isn't even as good as D3, (I dont have D4, I took a wait and see approach) and it seems like I made the right call to hold off on D4. Funny enough, I somewhat recently picked up D2R on switch and have been loving that, so the Diablo itch is plenty scratched.

Drizzlehell

Banned
What's funny is I remember diehard Diablo 2 fans shitting on Diablo 3 for the longest time, and while I did agree with some of their points, I really, really enjoyed my time with D3. Now I see a lot of claims that D4 isn't even as good as D3, (I dont have D4, I took a wait and see approach) and it seems like I made the right call to hold off on D4. Funny enough, I somewhat recently picked up D2R on switch and have been loving that, so the Diablo itch is plenty scratched.
That's just a massive cope, though. I'd say that D4 is pretty much on par with D3, and it would be better if it wasn't for the predatory monetization. At the end of the day, they're both pretty different games too but I don't think that one is massively superior to the other.

Sojiro

That's just a massive cope, though. I'd say that D4 is pretty much on par with D3, and it would be better if it wasn't for the predatory monetization. At the end of the day, they're both pretty different games too but I don't think that one is massively superior to the other.
Gotcha. I might give D4 a try sometime, but it won't be until it's discounted, and I am not in any hurry. Having fun with D2R off and on so like I said, the itch is scratched for an ARPG like this lol. I forgot to mention this, but have you tried Torchlight 2 by chance? Its an ARPG I really enjoyed, it's just too bad they never had seasons to it.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm starting to hate battlepasses I don't mind grinding for stuff, but paying cash to grind stuff and have to do it in certain time really bugs me.
I think fortnite does it best where they give your supercharged xp if your don't play for a while so you get more chance to finish but even that sometimes feels like a chore. CoD is the worst of the games I play since progress is pure time based and only in double xp weekends can you progress faster.

Totally. Diablo 3 on launch was absolute shit. It became better over the course of years. On launch, Diablo 4 was massively better than D3 on launch, and is IMO better than D3. The only issue is the crap monetization.

Ogbert

The changes are interesting.

It feels like they’ve realised that the game is soul crushingly dull and are trying to make it fun again. Will take some time though….

So then dont spend the additional $20 then? Some of you guys acting like drama queens over a bunch of cosmetics.

That's what I chose to do. I stopped playing the game awhile ago too.

And I came here to share my opinions.

Why don't you stop asking me stupid. questions?

Diablo 3 cosmetics? What cosmetics? The new seasons added very few new sets or pets. Diablo 4 also has new free cosmetics added in seasons, the new mount off the one Uber boss:

They didn't even really add new sets (I think that only happened like once) it's just that Haedrigs gift would cycle through the same four existing sets for each class each season, it was just a guaranteed drop of a set that was already in the game either way.

So yeah it is pretty funny to see Diablo 4 provide more than Diablo 3 did for free, but people are still upset that yet more is behind a battle pass. It's never enough for some folks.

That's what I chose to do. I stopped playing the game awhile ago too.

And I came here to share my opinions.

Why don't you stop asking me stupid. questions?

Homie you put that out there saying your brain your brain cant rationalize. If you dont want people to comment you should have kept that shit to yourself.

Lemme give you another piece of advice: if you get asked if you wanna spend $1 for extra cheese with your burger and your brain cant rationalize that, you can just say no LMAO

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I like the board they added this season as well. Just extra goodies.

I got to 75 whirlwind Barb this season and a buddy carried me through all bosses on his 100 Necro including Duriel.

I had fun up to then but couldn’t be bothered to go grind NM dungeons to level glyphs when I was enjoying the open world activities. The blood harvest aka green Helltide was too damn good to want to do NMs.

They’ve almost fixed the game for me entirely. Just a few things left but they are major overhauls:

-Redo the skills entirely. They went too deep into being like Diablo 2 with passives and %age boost. Diablo 3 is much better with changing the actual ability significantly, and makes a more fun choice expression.

-Redo loot entirely. If they do seasons with leaderboards just do a “veteran” league or some shit where you can’t do any imprinting of gear, or extraction, etc. That makes all drops be as is and all drops are now dopamine and worth being excited about. We need set gear, and it’d be nice to get more ways to fine tune gear you get with not just gems thrown into them. I’m a fan of crafting in Diablo 2. Every time I get to make stealth at level 17 I am pumped.

These two major fixes would solve any issues I have. Couple it with new events, new bosses, new classes, etc as seasons roll out and expansions , and you’ll easily get hundreds of more hours from me.

MMaRsu

Banned
So then dont spend the additional $20 then? Some of you guys acting like drama queens over a bunch of cosmetics.
Taking shit away from players, and then asking them to fork over 20$ or fuck you, is not the kind of 'drama queen' behaviour you're talking about.

Top Bottom