• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just broke my controller because of Sifu

GHG

Frustrated Whats Wrong With You GIF

FeralEcho

Man I've had moments of rage,mostly in the road to platinum on some games,recently in the Modern Warfare 2 remastered having to beat BX time in the pit,took me like 100 tries till I got it but I never had as much Rage in a game to drive me to break the controller.

Aenima

Im pretty chill. When frustation sets in the farther i go is like punching the sofa pillow, then i take a deep breath and keep going. Dont remember the last game that made me manifest any frustation though.

Never got to that point, personally, but I totally get it (The people in the comments are being dickish about this one...)

My rage is more "cold".
I just exit and uninstall the game, with a completely blank look on my face.

Fear Effect 1 was the last one I did that with. Its a PS1 game that controlls like gutter trash, and has a bullshit health system based on your performance in the game (Again, the controls are awful. So is like being forced to dance well in front of an audience, with shoes that have nails in them)

So if you are performing badly, you die in one hit.

It sucks, because everything else about the game is excellent.

Senua

Yea I used to break controllers all the time when I was a nipper, you gota try and mature and control your anger man.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If I get that frustrated then put the game down and take breather then comeback later with more clear mind.

And last game made me do something like this was…..

this Motherfucker has multiple phase and you can’t make single mistake…one Miss input and you go back at very beginning of the fight.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
If you are willing to break a controller over a video game, you should probably take some time to look within. And then to put the blame on the game as well? wowzers 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I broke a controller out or frustration just recently. I don't get mad at people, I get mad at technology. It's a good trade off I think. Gotta take my rage out on something, rather it be an inanimate object than a human being. I have an older iPad that I've came very close to breaking multiple times. It's slow, constantly lags, apps constantly crashing. One day my fist is going right through that screen. Came very close several times.

Last edited:

jm89

I don't think I've raged hard since giving up call of duty. Black ops 4 made me rage hard enough to give up on the series.

Recent minor rage came with Alan wake 2, survival horror game, sparse items with infinatley spawning enemies 😠

Eternights, there's a motorcycle section where if you hit anything you start over. It's pretty janky, plus I think my controller might have drifted some. Took me like an hour to beat like a 45sec motorcycle sequence. I hear some on PC used a mod to slow the game down to pass it, but I have it on PS5.

hinch7

Haven't broken any controllers but ngl some of the minigames in FFVII Rebirth have had me squeezing the controller and cursing in rage. Queen's Blood in particular.

Man the Ai in that is just ridiculous. As if they were cheating.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I haven't broke a controller since the Genesis days.

I think the last time I raged and destroyed something was Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii. Just straight up ripped the box in half, via the spine. I was quite embarrassed trading it in at GameStop that afternoon.

FIFA Ultimate Team
I remember years ago playing fifa online against someone, and I got so angry I smashed my controller on the back of the seat I was sitting on. (I had the seat turned around facing me so smashed it on the backrest). Only time I've gotten so pissed off with a game that I smashed something lol.

Skifi28

I haven't raged in over a decade, I usually just sigh and close the game when it gets too much. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Braag

I'm too old to rage at games, if a game annoys me I stop playing it.

I did rage at Earthworm Jim on SNES when I was a kid. I vividly remember that game having some absolutely bullshit levels and as much as I wanted to fling my controller across the room at times, I knew my parents wouldn't buy me a new one, so I just punched the pillow or mattress when I got really mad.

Top Bottom