• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judgment |OT| The Japanese Shārokku hōmuzu

Mista

Banned
Had to make this. I can't unseen it.

giphy.gif
Hahaha well done. I love it!

xrnzaaas

I love how Yakuza games distract you from the main plot. I'm almost 10 hours in and still haven't finished chapter 2. Instead I spent a lot of time playing darts and in the arcades, making friends and I just unlocked side cases. xD

Last edited:

Verdanth

I love how Yakuza games distract you from the main plot. I'm almost 10 hours in and still haven't finished chapter 2. Instead I spent a lot of time playing darts and in the arcades, making friends and I just unlocked side cases. xD

Same here.

Just unlocked drone race, man this is great. Makes me wish they added a VR mode for this.

Mista

Banned
Just finished the game. Good god what a journey that was. The game direction was PERFECT especially the end!! The end is probably my favourite moment in the whole game. RGG studio once again did a BRILLIANT job with building up the story and ended it PERFECTLY! Bravo RGG, B R A V O!

Verdanth

Oh man Ass Catchem is a legend in the making. Right at the top with Mr. Libido.

And when I thought they could not top the racing game from Yakuza 0 they gave me drone racing. So addicted to the damn drone. Plus that legendary dragon skin :messenger_ok::messenger_ok:

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Just finished the game. Good god what a journey that was. The game direction was PERFECT especially the end!! The end is probably my favourite moment in the whole game. RGG studio once again did a BRILLIANT job with building up the story and ended it PERFECTLY! Bravo RGG, B R A V O!

Jesus dude lol congrats! That was quick!

I just hit Chapter 4 :messenger_grimmacing_

Verdanth

Guys how do you time flex fissure correctly so it ourburst that red aura? I swear I can't seem to figure it out.

I'm pressing square when its on the center, but I always do the normal flex fissure.

The correct timing is outside edge of square, between both edges or inner edge?

EDIT: Lol nevermind, I figures it out.

Last edited:

Verdanth

17 hours clocked and only starting chapter 3 now lol.

Please tell me there's a skate mini-game somewhere is this, because after that scene, damn!

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
i'm just so damned impressed with this game! & so grateful to sega for localizing it. it's a spinoff every bit as good as the series it's spun off of. all praise to ryu ga gotoku studio! :) ...
Totally understandable mate! Have fun :) .. RGG are great I mean continue playing and after finishing it get back to me and tell me what do you think about the story build up

Dunki

played like 15 hours yesterday to finish this game. And man this was great. I regret that I had to rush yesterday so I did only 50% of the side content. At the begining it was a it slow but it is carried through the acctor performances. Of course Kimura is the best here but also charaters like Kaito are clearly standouts. Overall the perfomance was excellent and there was not really a mis in the japanese voice cast.

But man when this games is going it really goes to places and one good scene follows he next. Also the battle intros are still the best in this industry. These boss fights are also so much fun and presented in such a great style. Only Nagoshi is able to do that. Music was fantastic as well and the whole direction was presented like a Jdrama.

Overall it took me 38 hours with a completion of 50%. So normal Length for a Yakuza like game.

So far it is also my GOTY since I have already forgotten what else has been released so far.

Mista

Banned
played like 15 hours yesterday to finish this game. And man this was great. I regret that I had to rush yesterday so I did only 50% of the side content. At the begining it was a it slow but it is carried through the acctor performances. Of course Kimura is the best here but also charaters like Kaito are clearly standouts. Overall the perfomance was excellent and there was not really a mis in the japanese voice cast.

But man when this games is going it really goes to places and one good scene follows he next. Also the battle intros are still the best in this industry. These boss fights are also so much fun and presented in such a great style. Only Nagoshi is able to do that. Music was fantastic as well and the whole direction was presented like a Jdrama.

Overall it took me 38 hours with a completion of 50%. So normal Length for a Yakuza like game.

So far it is also my GOTY since I have already forgotten what else has been released so far.
What did you think of Kuriowa’s fight? I found it mad and great! The directing in this game is wicked! That ending segment alone was brilliant

The Snake

I haven't been plowing through it quite yet--been exploring Kamurocho as I do whenever I start up a new Yakuza game. I just finished the "repairman" part of Chapter 1.

One thing that's bugging me, though--does this game not have sidequests? And I don't mean the Friend Events.

Dunki

What did you think of Kuriowa’s fight? I found it mad and great! The directing in this game is wicked! That ending segment alone was brilliant

It was brilliant. The whle last section was fantastic. From the courtroom to the ADDC fights. It was so thrilling to finally see the conclusion. At one point when he had the concoussion etc. I thought he is gonna ie later one. So you alwas were kept in suspense.

Also the ending credits are already best ending credits of 2019^^

I haven't been plowing through it quite yet--been exploring Kamurocho as I do whenever I start up a new Yakuza game. I just finished the "repairman" part of Chapter 1.

One thing that's bugging me, though--does this game not have sidequests? And I don't mean the Friend Events.

There are quite a few side cases where you can see the hillarious and perverted side of the game. But to unlock many of them you need a certain amount of friends. it really takes not much to gather quite a few friends. Especially when you are eating.

Verdanth

At the start of chapter 3

there it was, a ninja in plain Kamurocho. This game really knows how to deliver.

Verdanth

Who’s that🤔

The ultimate ninja warrior that its not really a ninja but acts like one. After you accept him as your apprentice he helps you in battles. Appears out of nowhere and starts throwing knives and stunt grenades at your enemies :messenger_tears_of_joy:

PS: He really dresses like a ninja, so good

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
The ultimate ninja warrior that its not really a ninja but acts like one. After you accept him as your apprentice he helps you in battles. Appears out of nowhere and starts throwing knives and stunt grenades at your enemies :messenger_tears_of_joy:

PS: He really dresses like a ninja, so good
Oh that idiot yes🤣

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
They have VF5 in the game :)
I thought it was Fighting Vipers or a virtua fighter episode but not both (especially the 5th)

What is the complete list of arcade games in Judgment ?
For Yakuza 7, i want Last Bronx, Sega Rally 3 and Scud Race (since Sega got the Viper Licence again with Sega World Drivers for 2019.)

HotPocket69

Banned
I thought it was Fighting Vipers or a virtua fighter episode but not both (especially the 5th)

What is the complete list of arcade games in Judgment ?
For Yakuza 7, i want Last Bronx, Sega Rally 3 and Scud Race (since Sega got the Viper Licence again with Sega World Drivers for 2019.)

Puyo Puyo
VF5
Fighting Vipers
Motor Raid
Space Harrier
Fantasy Zone

Zephir

Starting Episode 3 and this is already GOTY material for me, I love it!

I would also like to thank SEGA Europe for bringin the game to the west and, most of all, localizing it in italian...some puns got obviously lost in translation so, no Ass Catchem, but the quality of the translated dialogues is perfect...and i want more in future games <3

decisions

lol Fighting Vipers is kind of a sick game. The AI is totally fucked and I'm stuck on Raxel but I like some of the combos that can happen with the wall and some of the characters are pretty cool.

Anyone know how to combo in this game? Or is it just my character? I'm playing as Bahn or whatever and can't seem to string two moves together, meanwhile Raxel combos half my health...

decisions

I tried Puyo for a while but that shit just seems absurdly hard and luck-based.

Liking the game more as it goes on, still in Chapter 1 but definitely getting settled in. I think I might like this a lot. Feels like a much snappier version of L.A. Noire, just in Yakuza style.

Verdanth

Finished the game and I got say: plot of the year so far, quite in pair with my favourite Yakuza plot - Yakuza 0.

All the characters feel so unique and add so much to the narrative. The cast is really well done. Yagami is great, but all the side characters can shine on their own too.

The final chapters are such an amazing roller coaster. The succession of twists are really really great.

And the way they built the Mole is really good. You know a studio as done an amazing job with one of the villains when you face him and can't wait to kick his god damn ass. And they make you fight him 3 times.

It's not Yakuza 0 Kuze level, but very damn close.

Really liked how they threw a curve ball with Shono and Kuroiwa. Most people will not suspect the little guy, Kido will be the main suspect. And as for the Mole, there are a decent amount of other characters that made my list of potential Mole's, specially Sugiura until a certain point of the game.

The way they handle Matsugane's death, the reveal of the Mole's true identity, the first battle with Kuroiwa, the after-math of that battle, Yagami stepping up once again to be a lawyer, shit, it's fantastic.

The final battle is also pretty dope, considering they made a Sekiro kind of twist, where you think the boss is over and it pretty much comes back to life, again.

And that final scene with Shono, where you learn the true reason why the eyes were gouged, ice on the cake.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios are true legends when it comes to delivering narratives.

The change of pace comparing to Yakuza series is really good. There is an amazing potential for a much better sequel.

God, I think I wish they made Judgement 2 rather than Yakuza 7, actually.

+ Pros

Amazing narrative
Ace cast
Best game using Dragon Engine
Side cases
Very good combat system
Drone Racing

- Cons

The detective elements of the game are rather simplistic. They need to go deeper in this in a sequel.
I love Karumocho and I love playing the game almost without looking to the map, because it's a familiar city. The next title needs at least one different city (they can still have Kamurocho, I don't mind).
Two amazing skate segments, and no skate mini-game? Dumbasses.
I know Yagami is not a lawyer, but more playable in court sessions would be cool.
No Karaoke
No Pool
No Cabaret

PS: Judgement is this year's sleeper hit, without a doubt. Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios...thank you for making games like this one!

0068qcT6gy1ff179f3uygg30os0giqv6-1.gif

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Finished it last night. Amazing. Yagami is one of my favorite protags now. The chase and follow game moments are absolute shit but the combat, the soundtrack, and the story were great. They really do need to move from the same fucking zone already. Also early on I really disliked the English voices and switched to Japanese and I'm glad I did. It fits much better with the game anyway.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
So what dub are most playing with English or Japanese. I'm yet to start Judgment. Once I'm done with my current game I'm starting Judgment. Think I'll do it with the Japanese dub. But I think it's mostly because of playing Yakuza in Japanese all these years(minus Yakuza 1 on PS2).

Verdanth

So what dub are most playing with English or Japanese. I'm yet to start Judgment. Once I'm done with my current game I'm starting Judgment. Think I'll do it with the Japanese dub. But I think it's mostly because of playing Yakuza in Japanese all these years(minus Yakuza 1 on PS2).

I can't play Ryu Ga Gotoku games with english dub. It just seems off in some way.

Mista

Banned
Always Japanese. Don’t like playing Japanese games with English dub

Mista

Banned
The game is currently $38.99 on the US PSN + there’s a demo now

Top Bottom