• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judgment |OT| The Japanese Shārokku hōmuzu

HotPocket69

Banned
Via Reddit

The game just feels so different. You'd think it wouldn't being a Team RGG game but there really is a massive difference between playing a gangster/ex-gangster and someone actually on the right side of the law.

Just a change of perspective makes Kamurocho feel like a strange place again... you 'know' in the back of your mind that unlike Kiryu, who is effectively the town's 'enforcer' (for lack of better term) who has a veritable army of support behind him in many ways... Yagami has none of this. You have none of the empowering feel that comes with BEING KIRYU, a legendary man... Yagami literally is just another nobody that happens to be good with his fists... It feels almost like playing a broke ass Akiyama.

Akiyama at least is well known in Kamurocho and has the power of a SHITLOAD of money backing him up as well as being a property and multiple business owner.

Yagami?... Yeah, you really got nothing yo and goddamn you FEEL it.

RPGCrazied

How does the game run on PRO? If its anything like Kiwami 2(it should because its the same engine) then its going to run and look fantastic.

Rayderism

How does the game run on PRO? If its anything like Kiwami 2(it should because its the same engine) then its going to run and look fantastic.

I read that there aren't any specific Pro enhancements over the standard PS4. Slightly better framerates and slight texture detail improvements over the standard PS4 is about all.

Does it really matter that much to you?

P's don't determine a games fun factor.

Also it runs fine. It isn't 60fps though.

C'mon, don't be like that. P's might not determine fun factor, but they can still influence the overall experience and enjoyment for some people.

Mista

Banned
The game just keeps building up greatly. Just like all the Yakuza games! And again not many will praise this aspect

TrainedRage

Banned
This game is f*cking just what I was looking for. Played a bit into chapter 2 so far. Don't know why but It managed to suck me in more than the Yakuza games ever did.

HotPocket69

Banned
This shit is the shit

621-BC537-2037-488-E-9-A41-AB9-AEFCCD66-C.jpg

9-C4-EFEAF-2856-4-A37-ACA9-A0-E8-D4-FFC294.jpg

D654-F019-797-C-4273-ADEB-243-B979-E9-D25.jpg

F91411-C0-5011-449-E-81-AB-4-FBEEAFC6-FFB.jpg

DAC77416-496-B-44-E9-9-DEE-B3-C37097-C694.jpg

740-D7-DA2-A5-B2-4-D67-9509-1-F325-DA1-B43-A.jpg

B9934-ADB-91-B4-42-CF-A93-A-C7-FA9-E629914.jpg

Great localization as always :messenger_tears_of_joy:

D6-CBF93-A-3266-4-E5-A-8-C9-F-73-B8-EFD9-F809.jpg

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I laughed so hard when...
the heater broke and the 'real' repair man came and your ex-Yakuza buddy is like 'Then Shit In Your Pants'! and the dude is like "WAHAHAHHHHHHGGGGHHHHH"!?!?!?
I lost it.

RPGCrazied

I know it has nothing to do with Yakuza but hope this does well. I want them to bring 3, 4 and 5 remasters to us. Would be kinda weird to not bring those over when we have the rest on PS4.

If not then I guess I'm never getting rid of my PS3. The only way to play them.

Mista

Banned
I know it has nothing to do with Yakuza but hope this does well. I want them to bring 3, 4 and 5 remasters to us. Would be kinda weird to not bring those over when we have the rest on PS4.

If not then I guess I'm never getting rid of my PS3. The only way to play them.
It has everything to do with Yakuza + I want the game to do well not because it’s good only but we need more games localised

Humdinger

Played it for half an hour, didn't feel drawn into it for some reason. Kept going back to Days Gone. I'll try again later.

Last edited:

Verdanth

Watched a trailer for the game and they spoiled the comeback of a huge character. Im sad now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Isa

Really liked what I played of the intro so far, my gf was glued to the screen the whole time. One thing I really love about the localization teams and am kind of surprised that they go relatively unpraised or noticed outside of the core audience is the quality throughout. It stuns me that some Jrpg releases can be so poorly botched or other titles riddled with errors. Well done Sega, I used to be a pretty huge Sega kid back in the 80's up to the early 2k's and its nice to see the ol' dog still releasing quality titles with sufficient effort put behind them. Unfortunately this game is stuck between me trying to play through Zanki Zero and soon to be released The Sinking City... still it offers enough that is so different I'm definitely going to see it through.

Mista

Banned
Don’t sleep on drone races and definitely don’t sleep on upgrading your done. My drone is more of a lambo now

And yeah quick tip: If you wanna make lots of money you either gamble (which is risky) or take all the side cases available (which is a guaranteed win) participate in tournaments and all that too for extra money

Reactions: Isa

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I find Kiwami 2 looking better than Judgment
Really?
This looks like an updated version of the engine
Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a fantastic Remaster built with the engine
While this looks like a game built from scratch for this gen.
I'm surprised by your opinion on that Mista

Mista

Banned
It’s a variety of stuff including Tiger Drop!
I might be forgetting or not knowing but what’s the Tiger Drop
Really?
This looks like an updated version of the engine
Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a fantastic Remaster built with the engine
While this looks like a game built from scratch for this gen.
I'm surprised by your opinion on that Mista
I played both Kiwami 2 and Judgment on Pro and Kiwami 2 definitely looked sharper

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I might be forgetting or not knowing but what’s the Tiger Drop

I played both Kiwami 2 and Judgment on Pro and Kiwami 2 definitely looked sharper
Sharper?
Maybe
But I have Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6
and overall Judgment is graphically evolution jump overall of them.
But I can see Kiwami 2 being a sharper, cleaner picture as its a remake of Yakuza 2.

Mista

Banned
Sharper?
Maybe
But I have Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 6
and overall Judgment is graphically evolution jump overall of them.
But I can see Kiwami 2 being a sharper, cleaner picture as its a remake of Yakuza 2.
Yup and that’s why I find it look better than Judgement. Mind you I’m not saying Judgment looks bad. Not at all it’s still brilliant

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO

HotPocket69

Banned
Welp, got Bottomless Stomach so now it’s time to destroy all of these eateries and rake in the XP. Not even in Chapter 3 yet :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I do miss those combo’d stat bonuses you’d get from eating the diff foods like they did in Y6.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Welp, got Bottomless Stomach so now it’s time to destroy all of these eateries and rake in the XP. Not even in Chapter 3 yet :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I do miss those combo’d stat bonuses you’d get from eating the diff foods like they did in Y6.
Oh yeah the combo’s stat bonuses were good in Yakuza. I try to starve or get hit as much as I can then go shove food

Does the English version sell the dlc yet? You can get some weird moves that would seem at home in a saint rows game and give saori a make over. Hostess style including a bikini.

HotPocket69

Banned
I got myself into a disgustingly addictive loop of looking for a fight, letting myself get beat up a bit and then going to a food place to build up a friendship and get the grub XP. Wound up finishing my session last night with my city reputation level at 23 and STILL IN CHAPTER 2. And now more side cases have opened up because I hit 20.

RGG man, They ALWAYS suck you in somehow whether its the story or gameplay or both. ALWAYS.

Now I just need to know how to get Beef Zone to start serving food. I only need to complete that place and a couple of the bars to have completed all eateries.

Top Bottom