• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo Part 4 Anime to air in April 2016! David Pro is Animation Producer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

YLD6noc.png

Better promo picture

DP CONFIRMED FUCK YEAH!

Wait they changed Josuke's VA? And April? Goddddamn. Getting a feeling so complicated right now.

Lol Koichi is neither blonde or blue haired. Didn't see that one coming.

Tizoc

I'm gonna need to sample the seiyuus, listen to the roles they played. I too am more accustomed to the ASB voice actors.

fertygo

Yeah the art looks weird, I know the manga always changing its style but part 3 anime perfectly mimic the art in 2nd half of Part 3.

Its kinda weird for part 4 that actually have design that more fit for animation as whole (rounder face, less edge etc) is the one that anime character designer seemed putting more liberties adapting it.

Hope its justify the act though.

Jaxec

Josuke's new VA voiced Kagami in Kuroko. I enjoyed him in that but the hardest thing to top from ASB will be Hatano's DORA.

Edit: I like the art. I feel it' s trying to combine the middle and late part 4 art with the current art.

The character design change is interesting after David went for super accuracy in part 3. Maybe it's early or maybe they're doing their own thing.

fertygo

Dammit, DavPro!

Stop changing the voice actors when they're already perfect!
Why not?

If they feel can do better eh why not.

The character design change is interesting after David went for super accuracy in part 3. Maybe it's early or maybe they're doing their own thing.

Yeah I commenting about that too surprising me, because if anything part 4 art is the one that friendly for animators

cntr

Banned
Yeah the art looks weird, I know the manga always changing its style but part 3 anime perfectly mimic the art in 2nd half of Part 3.

Its kinda weird for part 4 that actually have design that more fit for animation as whole (rounder face, less edge etc) is the one that anime character designer seemed putting more liberties adapting it.

Hope its justify the act though.

the artstyle changed in the manga itself during part 4, they're probably adjusting to make the transistion easier

D-Man

I'm really excited about this but the voice changes really dampened the news a bit for me. At least Wataru still voices Okuyasu.

I'm incredibly happy that David Pro is doing this though. I knew they would stay!

Lunar15

I didn't really like the art style of part 3, but it was still an amazing production nonetheless. David Productions really knows what they're doing.

MegaLeon

Neo Member
This looks like someone just ran the pic through one of those automatic vector tracers tbh.

Anyway, April is surprisingly soon, I'm hyped.

That's because it's what happened, I ran that image through waifu-2x, thought it looked good and posted it online.

Surprised to see it appear here!

fertygo

the artstyle changed in the manga itself during part 4, they're probably adjusting to make the transistion easier

There will be no sudden shift in art for anime production unlike mangaka that evolving his style because he getting "better" at drawing

You better stick to the style that seem stay the most, as it is the first promo art seem hella taking a lot liberties even to the style that stick the most.

Like I said its fine if the chara design is efficient and helping the animators, its why anime character designer given job afterall.
latest

Jotaro from the card game, dont think we'll know what it actually looks like till the PV next month

jkvA1gz.jpg

that's Stardust crusader first promo pic, and its stick

delSai

Aw man, the VA changed from All Star Battle? That's a pity. Still, I'm super excited for Part 4.

Yeah... i'm still not into the voices they changed from ASB to Part 3 (Jiraiya VA did the best Hol Horse to date imo), and the VA's Josuke, Koichi and so on have in the games are perfect imo. Koichi having the voice of Johnny... no thanks :/ This being the only Anime i actually look forward to, the news about changing voices, even if expected, still hurts somewhat.

Is there going to be a Bluray for NA?

The TV airing has just been announced; it's way too early to start talking about disc releases.

But if Warner treats this like they treated the first Jojo TV series, they'll give it a bottom-tier budget DVD release that doesn't even use the English subtitles included on the Japanese BDs.

The TV airing has just been announced; it's way too early to start talking about disc releases.

But if Warner treats this like they treated the first Jojo TV series, they'll give it a bottom-tier budget DVD release that doesn't even use the English subtitles included on the Japanese BDs.

I thought they stopped including the EngSubs on the JPN BDs after pt1 and pt 2 were released

So I mean Stardust Crusaders and older seasons

Jarmel

Banned
I didn't like the character design in Part 3 so I'm kinda fond of the new ones. It's surprising though that David Pro is suddenly switching like that.

Yeah the art style of this part changed even in the manga, but this is even more simplified than that. I figure it's to make it easier to animate.

Squishy3

I didn't like the character design in Part 3 so I'm kinda fond of the new ones. It's surprising though that David Pro is suddenly switching like that.

They kinda have to
Part 4 has a pretty large style shift

Yeah the art style of this part changed even in the manga, but this is even more simplified than that. I figure it's to make it easier to animate.
It's probably also because it's the Penguindrum character designer

Keyouta

I finished reading Part 4 last week, read it all in just over a week, it's amazing, glad it's getting animated.

Pics_nao

They changed the VAs? I'm so sad now.

Though to be fair, I didn't like part 4 so much. It was when I got hit with the JoJo formula fatigue. Hopefully the anime changes my mind. So many good fights in part 4.

Part 3 dragged on a bit
more than a bit
too long for my taste. Hope this one is a little quicker and cleaner.
I swear outside of the sword stand fight and Mariah, Part 3 didn't get good till Pet Shop, granted I'm probably forgetting a couple of good stand fights. Steely Dan was the funniest one before that at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom