• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf scheduled for Late 2024

Gonna be exactly 10 years if they release at the end of the year.

aAFky6D.png

If it flops, I guess that's the end of the franchise, which is kinda sad because Dragon Age's world is an interesting one.

EDMIX

Oh wow, looks like they want a very aggressive marketing campaign in a short window.

...hype!!!

DaciaJC

Gold Member
A lot of more casual players don't know that and it will probably sell decently on franchise name alone (unless it reviews really poorly or becomes a meme like Andromeda)

Like I've had several friends tell me they are looking forward to it and most of them have been surprised when I told them almost none of the relevant people that made the old Bioware games are still at the studio. Or that the lead writer on this is some non binary blue haired dude

I've read all the books and played all the games plus expansions, so I consider myself pretty invested in the series; but whenever Dreadwolf does happen to release, I will be sure to wait for impressions after launch for the very reasons you listed. Unfortunately, I think there's a good chance the game will be stuffed with woke garbage, in which case I will happily pass on it.

Dazraell

I've read all the books and played all the games plus expansions, so I consider myself pretty invested in the series; but whenever Dreadwolf does happen to release, I will be sure to wait for impressions after launch for the very reasons you listed. Unfortunately, I think there's a good chance the game will be stuffed with woke garbage, in which case I will happily pass on it.
I mean, there is a very high probability of exaclty this happening. I don't want to jump into conclusions, but some red flags are definitely there. Just enough to look up the interviews with Dreadwolf's game director, how they interpret this franchise and what are their priorities is enough to be concerned

9dGLo0M.png

zFYRrN1.png

Zathalus

Nobody who worked on the original game (or even Inquisition) are left. Considering the sheer turmoil and staff issues the studio has had I have absolutely zero faith that this will be good. It's disheartening to see how far both Bioware and Obsidian have fallen, but at least Larian and Owlcat are there to replace them.

kyussman

Oh god,ha ha ha.......I had no idea the game director was a trans......forget it people,game is DOA.These people are so fucking predictable,everything has to be about them,the game will be this guys own personal chance to tell the world his story because he is so very special,lol.

Ailike

Now Dragon Age 4 has been in development hell forever, there have been several more high-profile departures, the leaked gameplay footage looks retarded, the logo looks like it should be a comic book about queer otherkin….
I read your comment, and I thought, ok, that's a bit harsh, then I scrolled back up to see the font they have in the trailer and goddam, i spit my drink out because you're right.

Top Bottom