• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA indirectly confirms Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is at least a 2024 game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

EA has just indirectly dashed the hopes of fans hoping that Dragon Age 4 - or more properly, Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - would be ready to launch in 2023.

The latest financial report(opens in new tab) from EA runs down the announced games that the publisher plans to launch in the coming fiscal year, which lasts until March 31, 2024. Upcoming games include Super Mega Baseball 4, Immortals of Aveum, and Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle Earth, as well as new entries in annual sports and racing series like F1, Madden, NHL, and the newly rebranded EA Sports FC.

EA says "two unannounced games" are not included in that list: "one EA Sports title and one racing title." Alas, Dragon Age: Dreadwolf would not fit into either of those categories - unless BioWare is making a bigger pivot than ever before.

mdkirby

I’m fine with this. I’m not sure BioWare would survive another anthem or andromeda, and this year is stacked as it is. They should take their time.

I do wonder how many game delays currently tho are due to devs panicking and desperately trying to remove GAAS features that publishers forced them to jam in earlier in development, only to now realise that if their otherwise single player heritage and game will be torn to shreds if it releases like that in 2023.

Umbasaborne

Banned
2024? How does it take them ten years to get a new dragon age game out. Andromeda and Anthem really just took a baseball bat the bioware i used to love

ToTTenTranz

Banned
2024? How does it take them ten years to get a new dragon age game out. Andromeda and Anthem really just took a baseball bat the bioware i used to love
That baseball bat was a progression that lasted the last decade. The people who made Dragon Age and Mass Effect up to ME3 aren't there anymore.
Bioware at this point is basically a whole different studio with the same name.

That's not to say they can't make a good game. Perhaps they can. But the Bioware name doesn't mean anything at this point.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
DA is a series that each gage is always “ almost “ great.. maybe this is time they nail it?

Drizzlehell

Banned
Was there even any indication that this would be a 2023 game? They barely showed a logo for the game like 2 years ago or something.

Anyway, not holding my breath. Old Bioware is gone. I'm surprised that EA still didn't put them in a grave next to all the other companies that they've run into the ground.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
BioWare is dead. Mass Effect Andromeda was a disappointment. The excuse for Andromeda was that the BioWare “A team” were busy with Anthem. Then Anthem ended up far worse than even Andromeda. Anthem relaunch got canceled.

Dragon Age 4 has already seen some high profile departures. The chances of this game being good are slim to none.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Mass Effect 5 will probably be released the same year that Elder Scrolls 6 comes out.

StereoVsn

I have 0 expectations for this title and Bioware in general at this point. So it is what it is.

mZKJHTC.gif

Corndog

Banned
BioWare is dead. Mass Effect Andromeda was a disappointment. The excuse for Andromeda was that the BioWare “A team” were busy with Anthem. Then Anthem ended up far worse than even Andromeda. Anthem relaunch got canceled.

Dragon Age 4 has already seen some high profile departures. The chances of this game being good are slim to none.
Look at the game director.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Dragon age is everything for Bioware right now, remastering Dragon Age origins would be a huge success.

Top Bottom