• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Dragon Age: Dreadwolf scheduled for Late 2024

Hudo

I hope that this will be the game where they finally decided on whether they want to be an action RPG or a tactical RPG. Trying to do both is what ruined Dragon Age Inquisition for me. Because it did both approaches badly.

Focus on one type of combat system and make it good.

StereoVsn

I just can't see a scenario where this game turns out to be good. I hope it is and brings back some of the magic that Dragon Age Origins had, not confident though.
Yep, I have below 0 confidence in both BioWare and this title. That’s one game I would definitely will wait for in depth critic, YouTube reviews and Steam reviews.

Chance of it being any good is so low I would be immensely surprised if it achieved or exceeded (hah!) DAO heights.

Fbh

I can't imagine anyone is looking forward to this game or thinks it is going to be any good. All the talent that made the Dragon Age and ME games great left Bioware long ago.

A lot of more casual players don't know that and it will probably sell decently on franchise name alone (unless it reviews really poorly or becomes a meme like Andromeda)

Like I've had several friends tell me they are looking forward to it and most of them have been surprised when I told them almost none of the relevant people that made the old Bioware games are still at the studio. Or that the lead writer on this is some non binary blue haired dude

Last edited:

stn

I hope this delivers! The combat looks decent enough but I am much more interested in the story, quests, and gear/loot.

Yeah, I have no expectations or even negative expectations based on Bioware's last few games. I just hope BW survives long enough to release one more Mass Effect.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I'm not even really that excited for Dreadwolf but the next Mass Effect game WILL be the last chance I give them. If ME4/5/??? isn't a return to form then I believe it's over for them.
Mass Effect: Andromeda was a disappointment but it supposedly sucked because the BioWare “A-Team” were all working on Anthem

Anthem was a fucking disaster that took several years to complete and it made Andromeda look like a masterpiece in comparison. Then the reboot got canceled after a bunch of important people left the company.

Now Dragon Age 4 has been in development hell forever, there have been several more high-profile departures, the leaked gameplay footage looks retarded, the logo looks like it should be a comic book about queer otherkin….

Yeah, it would be a damn miracle if this somehow ends up a decent game.

diffusionx

Gold Member
A lot of more casual players don't know that and it will probably sell decently on franchise name alone (uness ir reviews really poorly or becomes a meme like Andromeda)

Like I've had several friends tell me they are looking forward to it and most of them have been surprised when I told them almost none of the relevant people that made the old Bioware games are still at the studio. Or that the lead writer on this is some non binary blue haired dude
I call it Dragon Age: Deadname. It’s gonna be dog shit.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I honestly forgot about this game. lol

It would be a pleasant surprise if it did come out this year.

well, I enjoyed inquisition, so i'm going wait & see here...

btw, grubb's absolutely nailed the zelensky 'homeless guy' look at this point...

tusharngf

I have finished all previous games in the series. I hope they double down on the quality of the quests and map locations. The combat was really good in the last game.

Winter John

Gold Member
I played Origins last year and it still holds up. It’s a great game. The sequels are unbearable bullshit. Absolute trash. Even so, after all these years of failures, bullshit and trash there’s still a part of me that hopes they’ll manage to come good

Sethbacca

Inquisition was pretty meh for me, but I'll keep my eyes out for the reviews. The first was awesome for its time.

Top Bottom