• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It Takes Two is a Masterpiece,

Me and my daughter (she was 6 when we played it last Christmas) played it beginning to end and we even both grabbed all the trophies 🏆

The only problem is that she wants to play another game just like this one… and there’s really none? A Way Out seems like a whole different game, plus she is 7, so I’m trying to play stuff that’s less Adult and more Super Mario.

We already played a few games like Mario 3D World and Kirby on Switch. Feel free to suggest any decent coop experiences I can try with her!

Robb

Gold Member
Feel free to suggest any decent coop experiences I can try with her!
Sounds like you might be looking for 3D games first and foremost, so maybe check out Luigi’s Mansion 3.

If anything goes there’s quite a few great ones to choose from. Yoshi’s Crafted World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (or maybe wait for Super Mario Bros. wonder in October), Snipperclips, Rayman Legends etc.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
You‘re brave. Some of the bosses are a bit tricky.
I played it with my friend who basically never games and yep, the beetle boss was a nightmare. We had to switch controllers because she was playing as May and there was no way she could do the explosive goo stuff with the right timing while also turning the camera, things were too fast for her. Trouble was, she played with inverted camera. Fun times, I tell ya.
She also just couldn’t do the swinging-from-nails part of the toolbox boss, but that one gave you enough time that I could just drop my controller and take hers to do all of that by myself. I don’t think we’d get past that if the game wasn’t that generous early on.

Too bad May’s VA wasn’t that good. Cody absolutely nailed the part.

Sounds like you might be looking for 3D games first and foremost, so maybe check out Luigi’s Mansion 3.

If anything goes there’s quite a few great ones to choose from. Yoshi’s Crafted World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (or maybe wait for Super Mario Bros. wonder in October), Snipperclips, Rayman Legends etc.
I’ve been eyeing Luigi’s Mansion 3. I know it has gone in sale before so I’m waiting for one hopefully for Black Friday or before. 🤞

Eotheod

The downside of using this to introduce someone to gaming is it sets an impossible standard. My wife and I had an absolutely amazing time getting through this. And now, she will occasionally play a chapter of this again with me, but nothing else is good enough.

avin
I know this is a late reply, but try A Way Out. Similar vibes, and so far my fiance and I are enjoying it. We loved Untangled 1 & 2, It Takes Two and Sword of Ditto.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Never played it but set it up for my kids to play in different rooms when one had covid and they enjoyed it and it looked pretty fun from what I saw.

avin

I know this is a late reply, but try A Way Out. Similar vibes, and so far my fiance and I are enjoying it. We loved Untangled 1 & 2, It Takes Two and Sword of Ditto.

We did try nearly all of those. We made it through some of each them, but in the end they weren't good enough for her. Which I suppose does reinforce just how special "It Takes Two" really is.

avin

Last edited:

Cashon

Banned
I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. Certainly not in general. But it is a very well-crafted co-op game. My girlfriend and I played through it and really enjoyed how it's built from the ground up with cooperative play in mind and how it gives each player unique paths, abilities, and responsibilities. We also laughed quite a lot, especially during the elephant scene.

Cyberpunkd

Started it as a Valentine's Day game with my wife. HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO MUCH FUN. Although the mechanics and bosses are brutal, did the first two and it took us a few tries. Felt like WoW raiding all over again (MOVE OUT OF THE FUCKING FIRE).

cf7KSOQ.png

I’ve recently been replaying (continuing, I’ve started and never finished it with three or four different people now) it Takes Two and God Damn. This game is doper than i remember. Like maybe it should’ve gotten GOTY 2021.
Tonight I finally got the furthest I’ve ever gotten and I just seriously love: the graphics, the acting, the co op mechanics, the difficulty level (yes, this totally matters to me, I’m almost 40.)

I would even argue that the game is more cinematic than I remember. Granted, some of the cool, cinematic scenes feel like Disneyland rides but they’re still pretty thrilling anyway.

Super excited to finally finish it and I can’t wait to see what crazy thing Josef Fares comes out with next.
It…. Did?

yeah I loved it , I was surprised how long the game is , its probably my favorite co-op game ever, I played it with my buddy and started it with my gf , I heard a 2nd one was coming ...

Top Bottom