• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It’s 2023….All Multi-Platform Games Should Have Cross-Save/Progression.

Azurro

Banned
It's a limited use case, don't expect it to be standard anytime soon. Most people don't bother to pick up the same game for two consoles.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
and I should be able to own a game on both consoles and pick up my single player/campaign save on which ever console I’m playing on.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Why?
I play a game and when I want to replay it on a PC, I just start from the beginning.... because I replay the game
i mean cool but not everyone's willing to do that. I have a ton of progress on Yakuza 0 on Xbox but because saves dont come to PC i've gotta start the game all over again...

even for the best games, it's a slog to do this

Three

I think it's just the nightmare of having it work across systems that stops this. There are also trophies and achievement tracking to add into the mix.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Why?
I play a game and when I want to replay it on a PC, I just start from the beginning.... because I replay the game
I did the same with Dragon's Dogma, Oblivion, Persona, Dark Souls and many others.

Still don't see the issue here.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
i mean cool but not everyone's willing to do that. I have a ton of progress on Yakuza 0 on Xbox but because saves dont come to PC i've gotta start the game all over again...

even for the best games, it's a slog to do this
Why?
Finish it where you started. What's the big deal?
Is xbox connected to the tv and your mum wants to watch her tv show, so you go to your pc in your room?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
How many people own the same game on Xbox and PlayStation?

I agree about cross save, but it really only makes sense if there’s cross buy or ftp. Anything else is for an audience that barely exists.

Sleepwalker

It's honestly a good feature. CDPR and ubisoft do it well. I play The witcher 3 and cyberpunk both on my ps5 and steam deck and I can pick up right where I left it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I still think it's weird that my saves (and trophies) from the ps4 version of Persona 5 Royal aren't compatible with my ps5 version of the game.

Top Bottom