• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this a bedbug?

Puscifer

guys im completely paranoid what do i even do now if its really a bedbug
Call an exterminator NOW. If you start seeing packs of them on the wall that's an infestation and you're going to into the thousands vs hundreds, I'm speaking from experience GET. IT. DONE.

And get some liquid cement and go around your house and seal the cracks in your foundation if there's any.

Last edited:

TVexperto

Call an exterminator NOW. If you start seeing packs of them on the wall that's an infestation and you're going to into the thousands vs hundreds, I'm speaking from experience GET. IT. DONE.

And get some liquid cement and go around your house and seal the cracks in your foundation if there's any.
i only found two in washing room in basement. i live in apartment complex in europe.. i havent found any in my apartment or bed. however i was traveling last week so im not sure if its a bedbug or just some dust spider or sth

Thaedolus

Gold Member
“Why do you live in (state known for harsh winters and lots of Mormons)?”

Well ya see, once I was living in Arizona and put on a dress shoe while getting ready for work and by golly there was a cockroach in it and I dunno if you’ve ever seen a grown ass man freak the fuck out before but…

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Hard to say with the blur with zoom. Grab a piece of clear tape and get it stuck on there, I’d be able to tell you then. I have worked in mental health and case management for years. With the amount of BB’s I’ve seen on home visits, I can definitely tell you for sure with a good picture.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Oooh no. That's a dick weevil. Put some vaseline on your dickhole or tape it closed before you go to bed.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Check your furniture including your bed. Look through all the folds and see if you see any large black spots. That could be a colony or where they store their blood. If something looks out of place, you need to call an exterminator.

I heard bed bugs are notoriously difficult to get rid of. I've heard of people having to rip out their carpets and everything and pretty much getting rid of all our furniture as a result. They are really nasty things.

I had a friend who once purchased a couch from outdoors. He brought the couch into his place and everybody started ending up with rashes all over the place. I slept on the couch once and I also ended up with a rashes. I called him up later and told him it was bed bugs and they were biting everybody and causing them to itch and break out rashes. Luckily when I got home from his place, I immediately did my laundry. I had no lasting issues from it but I would definitely recommend not taking any chances if you find out they're actually bed bugs.

Puscifer

i only found two in washing room in basement. i live in apartment complex in europe.. i havent found any in my apartment or bed. however i was traveling last week so im not sure if its a bedbug or just some dust spider or sth
Check your furniture including your bed. Look through all the folds and see if you see any large black spots. That could be a colony or where they store their blood. If something looks out of place, you need to call an exterminator.

I heard bed bugs are notoriously difficult to get rid of. I've heard of people having to rip out their carpets and everything and pretty much getting rid of all our furniture as a result. They are really nasty things.

I had a friend who once purchased a couch from outdoors. He brought the couch into his place and everybody started ending up with rashes all over the place. I slept on the couch once and I also ended up with a rashes. I called him up later and told him it was bed bugs and they were biting everybody and causing them to itch and break out rashes. Luckily when I got home from his place, I immediately did my laundry. I had no lasting issues from it but I would definitely recommend not taking any chances if you find out they're actually bed bugs.
OP is doing a FAFO right now. I had to throw away my entire life over an infestation 10 years ago and starting over at 23 isn't something I want or plan again at 33. Always made decent money in IT, but rebuying your wardrobe, electronics and furniture while moving was a god damn financial nightmare.

Trilobit

OP is doing a FAFO right now. I had to throw away my entire life over an infestation 10 years ago and starting over at 23 isn't something I want or plan again at 33. Always made decent money in IT, but rebuying your wardrobe, electronics and furniture while moving was a god damn financial nightmare.

I've also heard about people having somewhat close to traumas afterwards. Checking obsessively many years afterwards.

Reading people's experiences has made me wary when traveling and staying at hotels. Even the best and most luxurious ones can have an infestation in some rooms. The first thing you should do is check the bed and furniture after signs.

Puscifer

I've also heard about people having somewhat close to traumas afterwards. Checking obsessively many years afterwards.

Reading people's experiences has made me wary when traveling and staying at hotels. Even the best and most luxurious ones can have an infestation in some rooms. The first thing you should do is check the bed and furniture after signs.

I still do, the infestation was so subtle that I didin't notice until there was a patch of them on the wall I was trying to figure out what the hell crawled into the apartment cause I hit them with the broom and it spread what was obviously blood on the walls. Back in 2013 after I told my apartment complex and got out my lease we threw everything away in a dumpster outside, all the clothes, our tv, my pc (yep, I noticed them there too) and console and the car was professionally detailed and treated.

Moved into a new place and went to store and spent 300 bucks on new clothes, needless to say to this day it's made me someone who has a vacuum in their hand. I was a clean house person before that incident but since it's made me a damn paranoid cleaner afterwards. Henry Hoover is my favorite "clean the house" vacuum, eureka mighty might is my regular vacuum. I mop the floors twice a month and make sure I always live in a place that has floors that are mop friendly, I keep couches that are made to be torn down, borderline futons. I bleach my bathroom sink, toilets and tubs several times a month, if I get itchy on the bed I start digging around.

I dunno man, I feel like I put a lot of myself out there with that info but thinking back to having to start my young live over again over damn bed bugs is for sure one of "those" experiences.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Have fun washing everything in your house on high and creaming your entire body.

Bed bugs aren't serious but they're a pain in the arse.

Admerer

Looks like some sort of beetle, head is to big to be a bedbug. Also, a bedbug wouldn't just be strolling along out in the open like that, they're smarter than that.

Top Bottom