• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the Playstation 5 just smoke and mirrors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpandKong

Banned
The PS5? But that's just kids' tales, stories parents tell their little ones at bedtime to get them to turn off their XBoxes.

It's not real.

.....is it?

Xorbus

Something is not right with this new launch.
How the heck are we less than 2 months away from having that new video game at home but we still didn't see a real one? Why are we only seeing renders this late in the game? For half a year Sony tells us that "what you are seeing was captured from real hardware" but where is this "real" hardware actually playing the game? Where? So far we only have seen the new controller.

Not only that, the software also.
What about the new SO? What changed, what is new?
Why Sony isn't showing us anything at all?

Surely, there's something that they're trying to hide?
Thought about COVID, maybe?

Riky

$MSFT
I presume the software we've seen is on Dev kits, the actual console is big could be loud and hot and might have thermal issues. Until people actually have them in hand we only really know that it's massive.

Last edited:

Spyro

Neo Member
DXo4.gif

Neo_game

Microsoft actually send empty boxes of SS and SX to youtubers. I thought that was weird way to get attention. I do not think Sony needs to do something silly like this. We know it is a big console and there will be a proper videos of sooner or later.

Last edited:

Arkam

My biggest concern is that PS4 has almost 3000 games and the PS5's PS4 BC is only 99%, then which ~300 games won't work?
Gonna make a bold assumption they are mostly EA Sports games. Just a guess based on the fact on MS BC on X1X. Most of my EA Sports games from 360 wont work and have to use my 360.. I would hope that that people have learned how to appropriately license music and likenesses so they can be forward compatible.

spawn

Are you saying that the console doesn't exist? What if I don't exist? What if this is the Matrix and I'm in a simulation?

I presume the software we've seen is on Dev kits, the actual console is big could be loud and hot and might have thermal issues. Until people actually have them in hand we only really know that it's massive.

Actually this big shell was made to make the console quiet, as for what Cerny explained.

From "what we currently know" Sony is finishing arrangements to start flying hardware cross the word. If they're doing this then this must means that the work on the hardware is finished, that the version 1.0 of the SO is finished, and yet we see nothing...

"Covid" shouldn't be even more reason to show the thing more during these online shows?

Demon's Souls looks great, considering it's a launch title I expect things to only look better past that, the best looking PS4 games came out THIS YEAR. Not worried.

Bottom line is a PS4 Pro cost $400 right now. For $400 I just got a PS5 that will play PS4 games even more "pro", and will have some amazing games in the future. Not much reason to wait when the prices won't be going down for potentially years.

NullZ3r0

Banned
the fud for the ps5 is unreal.

Sony has delivered plenty of consoles and gadgets of very high quality over what??...50 years?? and NOW its suspicious?? Lol, get out of here.
Microsoft has delivered plenty of games over 3 console launches, and now its suspicious that we've seen no games running on it.

Jim Ryan to GamesIndustry.biz:
"We haven't shown yet any of the user experience of the PS5, and there's some really cool stuff to come on that."

Good, he finally acknowledged that "something that he hasn’t revealed yet needs to be revealed and will be revealed soon", progress!

The new Boxes are already in the wild while the PS5 remains missing from the public eyes.
When will Sony finally show us something, anything, concrete about how the actual console and system works?

The new Boxes are proven to be a very well rounded product. Some of the reason are fortunate consequences of everything that Microsoft did and built thus far since the fist Xbox, and for once the future is promising. Meanwhile, talking about promises... the biggest advantages that Sony the first party exclusives, but where are them? They're just promises, expectation that they'll come, right? Just that vague promise is enough to prevent players from switching to the new Boxes? Maybe this is the reason why Sony announced God of War 2 so soon with just a logo, to maintain the promise of worthwhile exclusives?

I wonder if brand loyalty is enough for Sony.
Wasn't for Nintendo with the WiiU.
I'll say it, it's possible that the PS5 is shaping up to become Sony's WiiU?
Don't misunderstand my, if anything I'd be called a Sony fanboy, but it's hard to remain positive.

HarryKS

The new Boxes are already in the wild while the PS5 remains missing from the public eyes.
When will Sony finally show us something, anything, concrete about how the actual console and system works?

The new Boxes are proven to be a very well rounded product. Some of the reason are fortunate consequences of everything that Microsoft did and built thus far since the fist Xbox, and for once the future is promising. Meanwhile, talking about promises... the biggest advantages that Sony the first party exclusives, but where are them? They're just promises, expectation that they'll come, right? Just that vague promise is enough to prevent players from switching to the new Boxes? Maybe this is the reason why Sony announced God of War 2 so soon with just a logo, to maintain the promise of worthwhile exclusives?

I wonder if brand loyalty is enough for Sony.
Wasn't for Nintendo with the WiiU.
I'll say it, it's possible that the PS5 is shaping up to become Sony's WiiU?
Don't misunderstand my, if anything I'd be called a Sony fanboy, but it's hard to remain positive.

Have a Kitkat.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Mark Cerny is a FRAUD. Instead of working on PS5 he spends his time playing Ghost of Tsushima while logged into PSN.
I demand my money back. NOW. He didn't even bother to set his status to offline to pretend like he's actually working.
/s

Mark Cerny is a FRAUD. Instead of working on PS5 he spends his time playing Ghost of Tsushima while logged into PSN.
I demand my money back. NOW. He didn't even bother to set his status to offline to pretend like he's actually working.
/s
Yeah, why isn't he in the factory right now assembling his precious SSDs.

Paulxo87

later next month there will be a week of ps5 event. Videos every day solely focused on PS5. Teardown and OS on one day - footage of more games each day, etc.

I agree. The PS5 is fake and now I feel like quite the fool for purchasing a pre-order. I knew it was fake deep down inside when they said $499. I knew the lies when they released it as a giant white tower. The real tell was Demon's Souls being a day one game.

The system does not exist. The Souls is a lie.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
The fact that all the devs that have have hands on with the console have said nothing but great things about it leads me to believe that the console does exist and that yes, it is very, very, very good.

Faithless83

Banned
Something is not right with this new launch.
How the heck are we less than 2 months away from having that new video game at home but we still didn't see a real one? Why are we only seeing renders this late in the game? For half a year Sony tells us that "what you are seeing was captured from real hardware" but where is this "real" hardware actually playing the game? Where? So far we only have seen the new controller.

Not only that, the software also.
What about the new SO? What changed, what is new?
Why Sony isn't showing us anything at all?

Surely, there's something that they're trying to hide?
This is some flat earth level shit. Amazing OP. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
It will have 7 years to bring stuff to the table (Better on the table that under it...). Do not worry, you will get owned... :messenger_sunglasses:

A system a censors games can't "own" anything

lol@ PS5 aka "PS4 PRO SUPER" being around for seven years

The PS5 Pro should be an interesting system at least I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom