• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the male protagonist of GTA 6 white or Hispanic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
First off...I know, that deep down it doesn't matter....however their seems to be a current debate among GTA communities about this

many think Jason is a regular white american, but some think he is Hispanic i.e "white latino" like Cuban. Obviously we won't know untiL Rockstar makes something official, but does he look "white hispanic" to you?

G5h0MB0.jpg

jason-gta.jpg

intro-1701750850.jpg

angrod14

Abraham Lincoln once said: "If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North". And those are the principles that I carry with me in the workplace.

Last edited:
Nahhh, he’d be considered white regardless if he had Hispanic in his blood or not……
He could be Italian, for those not aware there is a shit ton of Italian rednecks in central and southern Florida who’s families own massive tracks of land since the late 1800s.

Huh, just thinking on it. It could be a tie in with the Liberty city mafia and maybe I would bet that Jason could be one of Tommy’s bastard kids…

Last edited:

Neilg

White dad who had latin fever. There are a ton of dudes that look like him in Miami.

The city is such a melting pot of mixed races anyway, you get people from South America that don't speak Spanish and Europeans that do, and it's all too ambiguous to really point at anyone and guess where they are from. You're more likely to guess where their high school friends came from as a result.
He's the right character for the game, even if his lineage is never detailed.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Arent all hispanic white? :messenger_anxious:
No. Hispanic means that your ancestry is from a country where Spanish is the primary language. People from Spanish speaking countries would be considered Hispanic, but not necessarily white. People with ancestors originating from Spain are likely to be white and Hispanic. People with ancestors originating from somewhere like Ecuador or Colombia or other Latin American countries are likely to be considered Latino and Hispanic.

Last edited:

Kabelly

From the leaks he seemed just like your standard american caucasian. Can't have two minorities as the leads or else people will cry. :messenger_smirking:

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
There are a metric ton of latinos named Jason. Anyone who lives in Florida knows this
the leaks made him look like a redneck.... his recent character model has changed...but i feel like they would of already done alot of recording with the idea that looks like this (on the left) in mind

gta-jason.png

Last edited:

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Nahhh, he’d be considered white regardless if he had Hispanic in his blood or not……
He could be Italian, for those not aware there is a shit ton of Italian rednecks in central and southern Florida who’s families own massive tracks of land since the late 1800s.

Huh, just thinking on it. It could be a tie in with the Liberty city mafia and maybe I would bet that Jason could be one of Tommy’s bastard kids…
fair enough

your right that he is still "white" regardless

I should of worded the question better

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I thought he was meant to be a southern white guy? I assumed the old white lady in the trailer who said he dared to show his face or something along those lines was his mom or grandma.

Majormaxxx

To me he looks lighter than Tomi Vercetti, who was retroactively darkened in the remake, and darker than Michael.

But who cares.

Diddy X

There are all kinds of white hispanic, tall, short, brunette, blonde, etc. I think Jason is supposed to be american white, maybe they should have made him more blonde but it seems those don't exist in videogames anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom