• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the “Switch Pro” real?

What is the reality of the Switch Pro?

• It’s a real product that will be released at a later date

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • It was an option that Nintendo explored, but ultimately decided on the OLED instead

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • It was never real, just a bullshit rumor that got amplified by the internet hype machine

Votes: 69 50.0%
  • No answer yet, I’ll wait until we know for certain then claim that I knew the truth all along

Votes: 12 8.7%

• Total voters

angelgs90

Game Boy Advance SP came in 2003 and Nintendo DS in 2004.

Nintendo handhelds use to have LOTS of revisions in it's lifecycle.

I would not bet that this is the last Switch revision until Switch 2.

Birdo

Banned
Old handhelds had lots of revisions because Nintendo were busy with their main home consoles.

Since the Switch is their only machine, I don't think it will have the same life length as their older handhelds. They will be eager to advance to the next generation.

Indyblue

The 4k stuff sounds cool and I’d love it to be true and I’m sure it will be someday but I am not listening to anymore Nintendo rumors. None. It’ll happen when it happens. Same with the Prime Trilogy.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
For sure it's real, dev kits exist.

But I also wouldn't be shocked if it gets retooled into something that isn't quite the Switch anymore.

Kappa

Ah yes. Nintendo, who is at the forefront of breaking edge technology. Will develop a handheld capable of outputting 4k at a playable state before anyone else could. Especially dedicated gaming handheld companies who barely make a profit selling the best in handheld tech with $1000 pricetags and beat valve as well to make it cheap for the masses.
Very good scoop indeed

About as dumb as the people who think series s wont be supported this entire gen

Top Bottom