• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Conan the best? (Hot Ones)

Tieno

I've been watching Conan since the 90's, always been a fan.
I like him even more in his podcast era. His humor makes me forget about the world and just laugh.
But then he just went on Hot Ones and proved he's the best again, committed to comedy. We're watching a legend and icon here.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Conan has always been my favorite even when Letterman was on the air fuck Leno and everyone else currently on the air except maybe Colbert but only because he still has my goodwill from his Comedy Central days.

LordOfChaos

Conan has always been my favorite even when Letterman was on the air fuck Leno and everyone else currently on the air except maybe Colbert but only because he still has my goodwill from his Comedy Central days.

I loved Colbert report, but he seems like such an unfunny boring hack on the The Late Show, it just doesn't land with me and some pretentiousness shows through

It's weird because I really did love him before on Report, I just get nothing from the new show though

Last edited:

Pejo

The episode of Hot Ones was ok. Still didn't supplant my favorite one (Jennifer Lawrence).

I like the inside view of talk show hosting and the kind of 'from the mind of' one of the greatest talk show hosts of all time, but the lunatic drinking sauce/smearing it bit was a bit much for me. Highlight was the doctor bit. He seems like a great guy in person when he's not playing a part.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I loved Colbert report, but he seems like such an unfunny boring hack on the The Late Show, it just doesn't land with me and some pretentiousness shows through

The only time I enjoy Colbert is when he has Lord of the Rings cast members on his show. But almost everything else is boring. And then there's the relentless one sided bashing of one political party while the other party gets a free pass. That's something that has made so many US late night talk shows unwatchable.

Trilobit

Seeing close to hot pepper-manic Conan pulling was something I wasn't prepared for. Guy has comedy in his bonemarrow.

People comparing him to Ferguson are doing both of them a disservice. They are both vastly entertaining, but in their own niches and ways. Conan shines the brightest when he does improv in new settings or with his crew. Ferguson is the best host I've seen and his charisma when talking to guests and the audience was through the roof.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Fucking hell, started saying he wouldn’t be able to do it. Destroyed everything hahahahha respect

Cyberpunkd

I've been watching Conan since the 90's, always been a fan.
I like him even more in his podcast era. His humor makes me forget about the world and just laugh.
But then he just went on Hot Ones and proved he's the best again, committed to comedy. We're watching a legend and icon here.

I find all the American talk show hosts incredibly unfunny. There is no intelligence to their jokes, and no knowledge required to appreciate them.

goat episode. This is dedication to comedy.

Conan praising Sean as a great interviewer is actually huge compliment.

I personally never thought Conan was suitable as a late night talk show host. He's way funnier on remotes or podcasts where he's not bound by rigid structures.

jonnyp

I personally never thought Conan was suitable as a late night talk show host. He's way funnier on remotes or podcasts where he's not bound by rigid structures.

Nah, his late night talk show was awesome but it seemed he was asked to tone it down to become more mainstream for the Tonight Show, it didn't suit him.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
One of the funniest things I’ve seen in a long time. As said above, da bomb is the absolute wrecker. I still have a bottle of it in my fridge from years ago trying to mimic this show to see if I could and that shit made my mouth burn for like 30 minutes with a tip of a spoonful. Vile stuff.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

Is the podcast good?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Watched a few more I hadn’t seen last night.

Lorde was completely unfazed by millions of scovilles (genetic defect…?) but wasn’t a very interesting guest.

Jennifer Lawrence had a very cute reaction from the bomb onward but she clearly set the interview terms to be professional questions only, and Sean was very stilted as a result. Or maybe he had nerves because Jennifer Lawrence.

Shia LeBouf dabbed like half the bottle on each wing and demonstrated extreme fortitude while chowing down. Also seemed like a guy who had been through a lot and was trying to do better. With some great moments throughout. He has that combination of sensitivity and bravado that can get self-destructive easily.

Louis Theroux, thoughtful and insightful as you’d expect from the master of gonzo documentaries.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
As a European who watched all of them late night hosts on YouTube only I would give it to Johnny Carlson, everyone else is a insufferable cunt one way or the other (Graig Ferguson was the only exception).

Hated Conan on hot ones, that was not funny to me. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom