• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming February 2014: It's Groundhog Day and we have Season Passes for Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tengami releasing February 20th for $4.99
Site | Trailer
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Tengami/news.asp?c=57455
tengami-embed.jpg

clem84

Gold Member
Steelseries Stratus

After googling a bit that's what I found too. The Jailbreak + PS3 controller is a great suggestion except that this is my mom's ipad. If it was mine I would probably go the Jailbreak route but I'm a little reluctant at installing something like that on my mom's ipad and possibly causing the unit problems further down the road. Everything on her ipad is legit so I kinda want to keep it that way.

The stratus is a bit expensive though. I'll wait a few months. Maybe a cheaper/better solution will become available.

WoolyNinja

This looks great, I'm probably buying it day 1.

One thing I'll never understand though; the game took 3 years to develop, and yet only supports the very latest iOS that came out 4 months ago. Wtf?

A lot of games are first prototyped, and created most of the way elsewhere (PC, Mac, etc) using the Unity tools (or similar). You then build it for iOS and choose which one to target at that point.

(Not saying that's what happened here, but definitely possible)

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
This looks great, I'm probably buying it day 1.

One thing I'll never understand though; the game took 3 years to develop, and yet only supports the very latest iOS that came out 4 months ago. Wtf?

Apple prefers games require the latest OS version as part of their feature decision making process.

Goodlife

Is this the right place to ask (apologies if not...)

My wife's got a 5c, I've got a N5.

She's probably going to have to go into hospital for a few days in a couple of weeks time. Was trying to see if there are any cross platform multiplayer games we could play that would kill of bit of time for her.
She's not really a gamer, so something like a board game type thing would be idea...

Any suggestions?

WoolyNinja

Is this the right place to ask (apologies if not...)

My wife's got a 5c, I've got a N5.

She's probably going to have to go into hospital for a few days in a couple of weeks time. Was trying to see if there are any cross platform multiplayer games we could play that would kill of bit of time for her.
She's not really a gamer, so something like a board game type thing would be idea...

Any suggestions?

I think Scrabble is cross-platform?
Also, Dice with Buddies, Hanging with Friends, etc are.

I personally love Dice with Buddies (basically Yahtzee)

Was browsing this thread since yesterday and bought threes because of a recommendation. Shit I'm addicted. Last score was around 7k. What are you guys scoring?

Edit: wish GC took more from OF

So. I have a ton of you on my threes! High scores list but find it hard to believe in at number three with 10K. Anyone else over thT threshold? Add me on GC. Same username as GAF

soldat7

We've been trying to find a way to make that happen but unfortunately it is currently indefinitely on hold.

The numbers just don't stack up in terms of costs va projected revenue :(

Is it a matter of figuring out how to make it F2P and monetizing various aspects of the game? It's distressing to see truly amazing games not being made because of the F2P craze. Why can't Shatter work on the platform with a premium price-point? *sigh*

I'm not disputing your analysis, more lamenting it. Meanwhile, there's Candy Crush... :(

n64coder

I haven't done much iOS gaming other than Words With Friends in awhile. Been focused on the 3DS mostly. Was browsing the App Store and came across another Scrabble game called Word Puttz. It's a single player game where you create words on a golf course, trying to make your way to the hole. Played about 6-7 holes and then got an IAP popup asking if I wanted to pay $5 to make ads go away. Game seems pretty decent so I paid up.

So if you like word games, you might want to check Word Puttz out. Oh, it's also made by Jack Games (maker of You Don't Know Jack).

PittaGAF

After a slow start of the year but Threes! that has taken over my life, I'm now interested in multiple titles...so I must decide which to buy first.

Anyone from the east has already tried something?

Personally I'm interested in Tengami, Oquonie and Another Case Solved.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Tried to break my score in Threes but couldn't go over the 7000s. During two tries I was expecting a 3 and I got a 12 and a 24 respectively. :( Update pls!

PittaGAF

Tried to break my score in Threes but couldn't go over the 7000s. During two tries I was expecting a 3 and I got a 12 and a 24 respectively. :( Update pls!

I've changed totally my tactic with the game, now I'm getting a ton of 48.
Obviously, NEVER where or when I want them.
Still sitting at around 12K since a week :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I've changed totally my tactic with the game, now I'm getting a ton of 48.
Obviously, NEVER where or when I want them.
Still sitting at around 12K since a week :(
Your challenges are torturing me lol, I want to at least break 10k eventually.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I haven't had the time to properly pay attention to iOS this week (Threes is devouring any iOS time I got during meetings at work but I still suck at it) anything from last week that is OP worthy? R-Type 2 came out, anyone tested the port out?

Tengami looks amazing (Japanese papercraft #sworcery? :p).

And yeah Out There, omg I so want that, I had the opportunity to play a bit of the Android beta and it's everything I ever wanted Star Command to be. It's like Mass Effect 1-space exploration on my phone.

gblues

Banned
Have you played it or are you dismissing it because of the visuals? The gameplay is fun, which is what matters

I fully admit that I'm dismissing it because of the visuals. Maybe the game is fun, I don't know. I do know that I can't stand to look at it for more than a few seconds. I know that sounds like a snobbish kind of attitude, and I'm really not a graphics whore. It's actually a specific hatred of the cyan/magenta duotone. I'm like, "IBM, you had millions of colors to choose from. Why the fuck did you pick cyan and magenta?"

If the only thing the developer changed was the color scheme, I'd give it a shot.

I fully admit that I'm dismissing it because of the visuals. Maybe the game is fun, I don't know. I do know that I can't stand to look at it for more than a few seconds. I know that sounds like a snobbish kind of attitude, and I'm really not a graphics whore. It's actually a specific hatred of the cyan/magenta duotone. I'm like, "IBM, you had millions of colors to choose from. Why the fuck did you pick cyan and magenta?"

If the only thing the developer changed was the color scheme, I'd give it a shot.
On a side note, the colors change as you play
---

Other promising releases tonight
Bug Heroes 2

Hell The Dungeon Again

Dual Survivor

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Deleted because of reasons. If you've catched it already please don't mention it and spoiler the little surprise.

Need prizes for a new GAF iOS challenge starting on Monday

iTunes cards, game download codes, steam games, Humble bundle Steam keys/links, swag... anything counts and will be much appreciated.

As usual, if you're a dev and want to sponsor the GAF challenge with a prize or two just intact me via PM or on
@GAF_iOS_scores

Heel

9969 is my high score in Threes.

I have trouble sleeping at night.

My eyes close and I see tiles sliding.

Please patch the game and help me score 31 more meaningless points.

This is a cry for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom