• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Senior Public Relations Manager at Microsoft on Games Pass and the Activision

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
If you are already happy with the value proposition then I completely understand why COD day one is not a deal breaker for you. I don't understand how anyone is excited for the old campaigns they skipped while not caring about day one though. Feels off.

CoD rarely goes down in price and it’s not like the campaigns are connected (mostly).

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Ummmm. The price thing is not true. It's constantly on sale and some have been included with PS+ essential I think. In fact, I think I bought 2 of the last 3 on sale within a couple weeks of launch.

If it’s within a couple weeks of launch then you’re talking about something like a Black Friday “sale” where they knock ten bucks off. $50-60 for a short campaign I will play once or twice is not a good deal imho. Hell, $30-40 is stlll too much.

I think Ghosts is where I’d have to start catching up and it’s $60 digital 😆

The price thing is very much true. I guess I could go to GameStop or something and spend less and take my chances on a used disc but no thanks.

NickFire

If it’s within a couple weeks of launch then you’re talking about something like a Black Friday “sale” where they knock ten bucks off. $50-60 for a short campaign I will play once or twice is not a good deal imho. Hell, $30-40 is stlll too much.

I think Ghosts is where I’d have to start catching up and it’s $60 digital 😆

The price thing is very much true. I guess I could go to GameStop or something and spend less and take my chances on a used disc but no thanks.
No, not just Black Friday sales. But you are right that they are not massive discounts near launch.

SHA

Then why they decided to go solo?, that's too risky, what's the alternative for these smaller games? cause they haven't built one yet.

SHA

Chasing hidden gems in these many smaller games isn't the usual thing to do, that's hardly the case for gamers to do the whole process to find what they like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom