• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing DualSense, the New Wireless Game Controller for PlayStation 5

What do you think of the new controller?

• I like it

• I dislike it

• 50-50

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sony...fine..just take it all

giphy.gif

Fuck this thread is flying

Jtibh

Banned
Oh god.

Hate it.

Touch pad still there? For what?
The light bar is now in my face thanks.
I play mostly at night with lights turned off now this will be in my face all the time
Hope we can turn it off for good.

I fail to see the innovation .

If they would turn the touchpad into some heads up display showing ammo life mini map etc now that would be next gen.

But this?

Lazy work. Lazy. Granted its 60 bucks or so and they have to keep the cost down but i play for the last 20 something years with 2 sticks a dpad 4 buttons on the back and front.

Motion controll failed touchpad failed so you want to cut cost take those out and put in a nice lcd screen.

Shin

Banned
Haha jesus christ that's fucking ugly as hell.
I already found the DS4 ugly compared to DS1-3 but this a blasphemy.
I love the D-Pad and front facing buttons though, reminds me of my white Vita ♥

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I thought PS5 was going to be compatible with PSVR but this doesn't have a light bar?

SirTerry-T

The fact they ditched the coloured button icons more than anything else, is my first surprise.
The overall design makes me think of a Wii and DS4 blended together.

GHG

Gold Member
Oh god.

Hate it.

Touch pad still there? For what?
The light bar is now in my face thanks.
I play mostly at night with lights turned off now this will be in my face all the time
Hope we can turn it off for good.

I fail to see the innovation .

If they would turn the touchpad into some heads up display showing ammo life mini map etc now that would be next gen.

But this?

Lazy work. Lazy. Granted its 60 bucks or so and they have to keep the cost down but i play for the last 20 something years with 2 sticks a dpad 4 buttons on the back and front.

Motion controll failed touchpad failed so you want to cut cost take those out and put in a nice lcd screen.

You can take away the light bar but don't you dare talk I'll of the touchpad.

The touchpad is a godsend for use on the PC since it acts as a mousepad.

Plus they needed to keep it along with the gyro capabilities for backwards compatibility. Some people actually swear by gyro for racing and shooting games.

Mithos

Do not like the white color, it'll turn yellow after a while.
Would have like if the playstation buttons still held the traditional colors on the shapes.

//DEVIL//

I fucking love it . So futuristic . And look like that popular Astro robot thing or whatever it’s called on the PlayStation

and judging from the picture with no light for the move, I am guessing VR is dead

looks much better than the DS4 imo. however, i really hope that lightbar is no where near as bright as even the "dim" option on DS4. i hate that freaking light. it's so bright and annoying and very useless to me. it has only ever distracted me in my gaming. bright ass blue light glaring off my tv.

Top Bottom