• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel bringing 8 core i9 for $600. 11900K.

12900 will be 6!

Pretty soon their high end desktop parts will be back down to 4/8.
Considering Intel has literally been using the same process originally designed for 4 cores Skylake the last 7 years, I'm amazed they even made it to the 10 cores in the 10900K. Granted, you need liquid nitrogen to actually cool all 10 cores running at their highest frequency the whole time, but still.

The longer Intel delays, the better it is for ARM. So I want them to keep delaying as long as possible.

Topher

Gold Member
Remember when Intel gave their CPUs cool names like Pentium?

dreamy nicky ricky dicky dawn GIF by Nickelodeon

sigh.....I was so excited when I finally got one.

smbu2000

Alright, we get the idea - you're getting more cores, for less money. But what about Thunderbolt 4? So alright, you're a cool creator that needs that many cores, but at the same time, for some obscure reason, as a creator, you don't have a need for Thunderbolt 4. o_O

It's like you point out that the chainsaw is cool, but the gas for it is in another game, in the part where the moon is.

Thunderbolt 4 boards for AMD are at least $100 to $150 more expensive! :pie_eyeroll:

With an Intel CPU at least your life won't be an adventure with an unsolvable riddle. :pie_raybans:
Isn’t the msrp for the 10core i9-10900k $500? Now you are paying much more for fewer cores from Intel as well as AMD.
Seems like a bad deal all around for this new cpu.

I'll ride my 9900k until its fiery death.

To think I bought it for 350 (even less, since it was a mobo+cpu bundle during Ryzen 3 launch) new almost two years ago it's madness. Otherwise I'll be rocking a Ryzen in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What a fucking mess for Intel.

With that said, I do think they have a stronger path forward than AMD. They just fumbled and it has cost them a few years. I think their insane resources will eventually put them back clearly on top.

I don't know, you've seen the new mac cpus? They're rather performant - granted they're 10W parts and who knows maybe arm can't scale like x86 but...
That, and it's all on the end-user company to design such a chip. Apple's chips are what they are because they've been working on them for years.

b0uncyfr0

Yeah, I've been on the edge of upgrading for almost 2 yrs now. My 3770k has been very awesome.

But fuck Intel's pricing - im def holding out for DDR5 and AM5.

Top Bottom