• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Indigo Prophecy" Edited For Content in US

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I didn't know :( I'm not saying it's a huge loss but at the same time...this sort of thing really bugs me. I don't need a boobie scene or whatever it is to enjoy the game obviously, but dumbing down the game for an American audience and their puritan concerns isn't something to support.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
News to me. What exactly was removed?

Euro PS2 version supports the 60Hz mode, so it will work on NTSC PS2s if you have the way to boot the disc - but it doesnt work from HDloader.

Apart from the titles, there are a couple of minor details separating Indigo Prophecy from the European Fahrenheit, as several of the game's 'adult' scenes have been removed from the American version. However, Quantic Dream claims that these edits won't dramatically affect the game.

So what scenes did they remove? Whether or not it's "no big loss" or "won't dramatically affect the game", I would rather make that decision myself than have censorship. What kind of ESRB rating did they get, anyway?

B E N K E

It's a sex scene that unfortunately feels out of place in the story line. There might be some other minor stuff as well, but that's the big one. If they had kept it in it would have been Adults Only.

Amir0x

Banned
Maybe there will be a user-made hack patch to re-insert the missing scenes into the PC US versions.

Wollan

The biggest cut loss yet to a game is the big Metal Gear in MGS2 crushing into New York, lot's of landmarks taken down..etc.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
trippingmartian said:
It's for the better. There's nothing more awkward than polygon sex.

I don't know... have you seen Battle Raper 2? :lol

I love the demo..apart from the fact that I can't get used to the way the characters move around. Even in the demo it was driving me insane, constantly walking back on myself and bouncing off walls. Don't see why it needs to be this way, espesially in a game where running around at speed doesn't seem to important. meh...maybe I'll get used to it.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Wollan said:
The biggest cut loss yet to a game is the big Metal Gear in MGS2 crushing into New York, lot's of landmarks taken down..etc.

uh, not quite. they cut however many seconds out of the cutscene that showed the WTC in the background.

Drakken

Wollan said:

jooey said:
uh, not quite. they cut however many seconds out of the cutscene that showed the WTC in the background.

Erm...reading that kind of ruined part of the game for me, huh? Oh well. That's what I get for not starting the MGS series yet. :p

Top Bottom