• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Outriders PlayStation vs Xbox vs PC Performance Review

Can you provide proof for this? Other than the upper bounds of resolution, from everything i have seen and heard, most everything is set higher on PS5. At least the stuff that had been identified as a difference.
The pic is comparing series x and PC low. No mention of ps5. To answer your question though just AF seems to be much higher on ps5. Everything else is pretty much the same.

The pic is comparing series x and PC low. No mention of ps5. To answer your question though just AF seems to be much higher on ps5. Everything else is pretty much the same.
My apologies, i thought your comment was in reference to the PS5/XsX picture posted earlier in the thread. I agree with your statement and would only add the geometry density difference that NXgamer identifed using the light bulb as an example. IMO everyone in this thread is blowing the differences way out of proportion and the biggest complaint i have thus far with the game is the bugs and crashes.

Last edited:
My apologies, i thought your comment was in reference to the PS5/XsX picture posted earlier in the thread. I agree with your statement and would only add the geometry density difference that NXgamer identifed using the light bulb as an example. IMO everyone in this thread is blowing the differences way out of proportion and the biggest complaint i have thus far with the game is the bugs and crashes.
They only showed a lightbulb and it's the same on PC. PC is potentially way stronger than ps5 so anything lower on PC I see as an oversight on the devs.

ethomaz

Banned
The Series X vs PC Low gif is to see how the AF is similar not the details lol

Series X AF looks at the very minimum you can choose on PC version while the PS5 version looks like High.

Schmick

The question that needs to be answered is;

Can the image quality match the quality of the PS5 version via a patch with:

a) no performance hit to the XBX version
b) minimal hit to the XBX version I.e. 1 - 10 fps hit
c) significant hit to the XBX version I.e. 10 - 20 fps hit

Assume that resolution remain unchanged.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Can you provide proof for this? Other than the upper bounds of resolution, from everything i have seen and heard, most everything is set higher on PS5. At least the stuff that had been identified as a difference.
Missing bodies, It that POM where parts are different heights? :pie_thinking: More grass, maybe different lighting unless it's dynamic. AF seems higher to me on low on that PC shot though.
This is what I see between the PC low and Series X shot, but I do need new glasses :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Missing bodies, It that POM where parts are different heights? :pie_thinking: More grass, maybe different lighting unless it's dynamic. AF seems higher to me on low on that PC shot though.
This is what I see between the PC low and Series X shot, but I do need new glasses :messenger_grinning_sweat:
AF looks the same but higher contrast on PC making it look a bit higher

They only showed a lightbulb and it's the same on PC. PC is potentially way stronger than ps5 so anything lower on PC I see as an oversight on the devs.
I get that the PC can set things higher with a GFX card that can handle it. I thought NXgamer was setting thing on the PC to match what consoles were outputting and what his 2070/s could handle and thats why the PC at that setting looks like the XsX. I maybe wrong though.

I get that the PC can set things higher with a GFX card that can handle it. I thought NXgamer was setting thing on the PC to match what consoles were outputting and what his 2070/s could handle and thats why the PC at that setting looks like the XsX. I maybe wrong though.
I doubt there is a lightbulb roundness setting.

I dont know if everything in that PC shot is set to low. I would venture to say it isnt and its only the AF because NXgamer listed quite a few things that were the same on XsX as PS5 and i dont believe he mentioned anyone on the was a low setting.

longdi

Banned
SX with a 30% resolution lead, where have i seen that quoted figure before? :messenger_winking_tongue: :messenger_spock:

btw we should replace ign with NXGamer NXGamer , almost forgot he is with ign now

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
All that matters is that the PS4 Pro has higher AF than the Series X. That clearly shows that there is something strange going on with the build and needs an update from the devs.

No way a 4TF pro with a terrible CPU and crippled IO compared to the Series X can have better AF than the S / X

ethomaz

Banned
Yes cause we needed more of those. It was too circle jerk. Nothing more.
It is the reality.

No matter how Xbox fans to deny the worst IQ... it is there to everybody see.
PS5 version showed in all videos have better AF and geometry details.
Now if you want no to discuss what is causing that then maybe you can go post in another thread because that is a comparison one.

Last edited:
Haha, i would imagine there is something that affects LOD or something in that realm. Also i get that its just a light bulb, but you would have to think this applies to other geometry as well, its just the light bulb was the easiest to exemplify.
Doubt it's lod. Until another example is shown it's just the one

replicant-

And from your personal experience of playing the game who do you feel it fares?

Last edited:
And from your personal experience of playing the game who do you feel it fares?
Its not the best looker but performance is pretty good. The gameplay loop is fun and addictive but the bugs and crashes take me out of the immersion far too often. Just got done playing Days Gone (PS5) not too long ago and i would say it looks close to that maybe a little worse. The lighting effects on the powers are really nice though.

Last edited:
It is the reality.

No matter how Xbox fans to deny the worst IQ... it is there to everybody see.
PS5 version showed in all videos have better AF and geometry details.
Now if you want no to discuss what is causing that then maybe you can go post in another thread because that is a comparison one.
You don't need 10 gifs showing low AF. It looks the same in all of them. The last thread had the same af gif posted 100 Times. It is to circle jerk and that's it.
Edit
Just look at the posts that include it. It's not for any reason but jerking off or spreading misinformation about textures being different.

Last edited:
You don't need 10 gifs showing low AF. It looks the same in all of them. The last thread had the same af gif posted 100 Times. It is to circle jerk and that's it.
Edit
Just look at the posts that include it. It's not for any reason but jerking off or spreading misinformation about textures being different.
I think its in retort to the folks who are overexagerating the res difference. Some people just want to justify their purchase and belief of this large power gap. If they have a bigger number they are content even at the cost of IQ. This happens on the Sony side as well with extreme SSD talk.

I think its in retort to the folks who are overexagerating the res difference. Some people just want to justify their purchase and belief of this large power gap. If they have a bigger number they are content even at the cost of IQ. This happens on the Sony side as well with extreme SSD talk.
I honestly think if anyone sat down and played either version of the game non critically and just to enjoy the game not a single person would notice a difference between the 2.

I honestly think if anyone sat down and played either version of the game non critically and just to enjoy the game not a single person would notice a difference between the 2.
Yep, like i said the differences are being over exaggerated. Its interesting from a technical perspective to discuss the why but exhausting from a console war perspective to justify one system over the other.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I mean we all acknowledged Series X having a higher resolution. No one is denying that, like you denied PS5 being sharper.
Again, its insanity.

This is why I asked the question "you think so" when someone suggested it would be the same conversations if it was reversed.

.....ppl are clearly acknowledging the XSX has higher res..... Like I think everyone is in agreement on this.

What's also happening is some ppl are clearly dismissing the game just looks better on PS5. For whatever reason, it just looks better.

If the situation was reversed, I dont think the other team would dismiss the game looking better on XSX if the PS5 had a higher res.

Insanity.

Last edited:
Again, its insanity.

This is why I asked the question "you think so" when someone suggested it would be the same conversations if it was reversed.

.....ppl are clearly acknowledging the XSX has higher res..... Like I think everyone is in agreement on this.

What's also happening is some ppl are clearly dismissing the game just looks better on PS5. For whatever reason, it just looks better.

If the situation was reversed, I dont think the other team would dismiss the game looking better on XSX if the PS5 had a higher res.

Insanity.
I dont think that is a fair statement. Most of the posters in this thread have concluded that the PS5 has higher AF they just believe it comes with the caveat that the XsX will simply get a patch that will fix it thus they can claim a victory (which it might). It is a strange concept but from what i have gathered it is the mantra of the green team (fanboys/girls) "just wait you will see!"

Again, its insanity.

Insanity.
Textures at oblique angles look better due to higher af. Pretty much everything else is less sharp due to lower res

Last edited:

Concern

All that matters is that the PS4 Pro has higher AF than the Series X. That clearly shows that there is something strange going on with the build and needs an update from the devs.

No way a 4TF pro with a terrible CPU and crippled IO compared to the Series X can have better AF than the S / X

Its pretty much Dirt 5 all over again. Most likely a bug. The circle jerk trolling is always funny when it fits the narrative. But go to the Mortal Shell update thread where Ps5 version got bumped to 1800p and frames dip to 35fps and the same people are crying "bug" lol. Its never fun when the shoe is on the other foot.

SLB1904

Banned
Its pretty much Dirt 5 all over again. Most likely a bug. The circle jerk trolling is always funny when it fits the narrative. But go to the Mortal Shell update thread where Ps5 version got bumped to 1800p and frames dip to 35fps and the same people are crying "bug" lol. Its never fun when the shoe is on the other foot.
dirt 5 still looks better on ps5 after the xbox update

Andodalf

Banned
The question that needs to be answered is;

Can the image quality match the quality of the PS5 version via a patch with:

a) no performance hit to the XBX version
b) minimal hit to the XBX version I.e. 1 - 10 fps hit
c) significant hit to the XBX version I.e. 10 - 20 fps hit

Assume that resolution remain unchanged.

AF has a relatively low cost, practically 0 unless you're running against bandwidth issues, which is why last gen games often had low AF. XSX would have maybe a 2-3% FPS drop in a nightmare scenario, but more likely sub 1 FPS

GymWolf

i got it.

cover mechanic is ass
loot is good

difficulty spikes are weird first boss seemed all over the place nearly beat him on the first try,, on world difficulty 3
then he turned into super saiyen..

died 4 times trying afterwards on constant cover glitch errors,

set difficulty on world 2.. then he became piss keyboard faceroll easy.
boss def need some tinkering reminded me of day one destiny 2 bosses,

i want to try out each class first not sure what to pick yet. i have the earth dude now.. he seems ok. i need to get a shotty tho.
as the first boss had no adds to kill so hard to get regen.
To heal yourself just find the perk that heals you with every hit of the weapon and place it on a shotgun, the more damage you deal the more you heal for single shot, sometimes you get half or more of your health bar for hit, with this trick you don't need to reverse to the previous world tier, i never do that.

Yes you are gonna die anyway, but far less.

Last edited:

Concern

dirt 5 still looks better on ps5 after the xbox update

And? No one console will have the best version of every game. But clearly its launch state was bugged and even acknowledged and addressed.

These threads are more fun than anything else to me. But clearly its not for some and they lose grasp of reality here 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

ethomaz

Banned
It is not just AF... geometry detail is different.... that combination makes the IQ better on PS5 and with lower resolution.

Last edited:

Concern

that's rich coming from you

When I attack a dev or console architect pretending I know more than them about what they're working on, lmk 😉.

Watching embarrassing things like that and not calling it out just because its from your "team" is "rich"

SLB1904

Banned
When I attack a dev or console architect pretending I know more than them about what they're working on, lmk 😉.

Watching embarrassing things like that and not calling it out just because its from your "team" is "rich"
what you talking about?
i always called out everyone who says cerny is a liar even tho dude is always spot on

DJ12

This is what I'm talking about. You haven't got a clue what you're talking baout, but are making decisive statements because it makes your "team" feel good.

Lets say this gets fixed in a week's time. Are you going to stand up and say "I was wrong. I let lazy trolling get the better of me."

No, you'll be in some other thread doing exactly the same thing you're doing here.

You'll keep having egg on your face if you won't stop dangling them over your head.
Just looking at the evidence, unlike you.

What have you got to go on about these being 'bugs' that are going to be fixed?

Your hopes don't count by the way in case your wondering.

Has the dev said these ''bugs' will be fixed?

You lot are shook big time by this game. Its quite funny, an advantage you cannot go on about because the game looks worse.

And I'll be here unlike you, if i does get the settings changed to match that of the ps5 and the performance takes a hit like it did with dirt 5 well never see you again, under this account name anyway.

I mean come on, we all know AF is the true performance metric, not internal resolution or framerate. XSX and PC are running shitty AF and low polygon lightbulbs because they don't have the PS5's secret weapon, the power of the super SSD which helped it reach 16x AF and round light bulbs! 🤡

lightbulb.jpg

On other related news, my smart fridge can do 16x AF, but can it run Outriders :pie_thinking:
This is some funny shit 😅

Mmnow

You lot are shook big time by this game. Its quite funny, an advantage you cannot go on about because the game looks worse.

And I'll be here unlike you, if i does get the settings changed to match that of the ps5 and the performance takes a hit like it did with dirt 5 well never see you again, under this account name anyway.
Great. That's a lot of bullshit. Let's make this simple.

You're certain this isn't going to be fixed, that's clear. How about a ban bet? If they somehow work out how to change AF settings on the Xbox version of the game, you have to delete your account?

Seems like if you're not just trolling, this'll be an easy thing to agree to.

So what we have is a near 30% resolution advantage for Series X but they have sacraficed AF and geometry detail to accomplish this? So I guess the question we should all be asking is why? Why push the resolution at all if it compromised the Series X version in comparison with the PS5? It seems an odd decision from the developer, would you agree?

DJ12

Great. That's a lot of bullshit. Let's make this simple.

You're certain this isn't going to be fixed, that's clear. How about a ban bet? If they somehow work out how to change AF settings on the Xbox version of the game, you have to delete your account?

Seems like if you're not just trolling, this'll be an easy thing to agree to.
I asked you a simple question, have they said it's a bug and they need to fix it, no need to go straight to retard.

You seem to be having a bit of trouble with this, so just put me on ignore and pretend the versions look the same and your resolution advantage means something.

Mmnow

I asked you a simple question, have they said it's a bug and they need to fix it, no need to go straight to retard.

You seem to be having a bit of trouble with this, so just put me on ignore and pretend the versions look the same and your resolution advantage means something
Yeah, no.

Take the bet or show everyone that you're just here trolling. Your choice.

DJ12

It's actually not lower. Look at the pic. Pretty much everything is higher on series x. The person who posted that gif is an idiot.
Now now, no need for name calling, especially when you don't know what you are talking about, the filtering is clearly better as the PC retains more details in the textures even near the trees at the back.

As the post said, it was to confirm that the PC version doesn't have "broken" AF like was being suggested. Clearly it isn't, even on PC's low settings.

No need to get your panties in a bunch about anything else in the picture.

DJ12

Yeah, no.

Take the bet or show everyone that you're just here trolling. Your choice.
Thats not how it works with adults. if I was trolling, I'd be making stuff up like you, which by the way, you have just admitted too.

As there is proof of what I've said in this thread, which you confirmed by saying they'll fix it, don't know why you could think that's trolling.

Saying things you don't want to hear <> trolling. Don't argue with evidence and I'd have been done with this a while ago, but your squad doesn't seem to want to let it go.

Now now, no need for name calling, especially when you don't know what you are talking about, the filtering is clearly better as the PC retains more details in the textures even near the trees at the back.

As the post said, it was to confirm that the PC version doesn't have "broken" AF like was being suggested. Clearly it isn't, even on PC's low settings.

No need to get your panties in a bunch about anything else in the picture.
I never mentioned broken af. AF also looks the same in the picture. Contrast is higher on PC making it look a bit more detailed.

assurdum

Banned
That's incredibly how shameless is people like you. If native pixels counts wasn't a thing most of you barely will see it with a naked eye and still you continue to shake your penis for a 30% of dynamic resolution when things as the texture details are more noticeable. Who says I don't accept it? Until yesterday we are talking how much more important are better graphic details than native resolution, so what we should accept?
comedy central wtf GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Last edited:
Top Bottom