• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idea: TLOU Collection for PS5?

Likely?

• Yes

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters

Raonak

Banned
So, I was wanting to replaying TLOU2, but it hasn't gotten any PS5 updates...

And then I was thinking about the fact there's a TLOU remake apparently in the works...

What if they're doing it to bundle it together with a native PS5 version of TLOU2? Both games on the same engine, PS5 features and whatnot... maybe on the same disk too?

It would be a similar to how Miles Morales can be bundled with spiderman remastered.

Dualsense features would be so nice for this game... I could imagine how fucked up the kill animations would feel.

Honestly this is the only way a TLOU remake makes sense to me....

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not just likely, almost inevitable.

For a port bundle anyway, dunno about a remake.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Why there are two "No" in the poll lol. Not after there's a third game IMO, something like TLoU Trilogy would totally make sense, but 2 games is IMO not enough, especially that Part 2 is not even a one year old, all it needs is a 60FPS patch, that's all.

Dodkrake

Banned
What I'm expecting:
  • TLOU Remaster on PC
  • TLOU Remake + TLOU 2 Remastered for PS5
  • TLOU 2 Remastered as a standalone paid (but cheap) upgrade.

TLOU2 is definitely getting the full next gen treatment and I'm assuming they'll release it at the same time as the TLOU remake. It makes sense. I've been dying to play TLOU2 again, but I'm waiting for some sort of enhancement before I play it for a 4th time hah.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
TLOU remake + 2 remastered + Factions would feel good for 70.

But they can probably get away with Remake selling on its own for 50$ next year so they’ll do that instead and 2+ Factions will be 70 anyway.

They'll sell you each installment as a remaster for $70 and then bundle them together again for $70 some years down the line once TLoU3 is announced. They need to milk that remaster revenue for all its got.

Codes 208

What I'm expecting:
  • TLOU Remaster on PC
  • TLOU Remake + TLOU 2 Remastered for PS5
  • TLOU 2 Remastered as a standalone paid (but cheap) upgrade.
Why would TLoU2 need a remaster if they could just give it the PS5 Rez/FPS bump treatment? Like the exact reason why we’ll likely never see gears 5 remastered for XSX

edit: oh look at that. Seems that’s exactly what they’re doing.

Last edited:

K' Dash

How many times can TLOU be remastered and repackaged and sold lol

Nintendo:

EwTKI-eWEAc8Sjb.jpg

Andodalf

Banned
Why would TLoU2 need a remaster if they could just give it the PS5 Rez/FPS bump treatment? Like the exact reason why we’ll likely never see gears 5 remastered for XSX

edit: oh look at that. Seems that’s exactly what they’re doing.

They will want a native version with new visual features. You know, like gears 5

SSfox

pointless as you can already play both in both PS4 and PS5. Naughty Dog should focus on a New IP game instead.

Kerotan

How many times can TLOU be remastered and repackaged and sold lol
For as long as people buy it which will be another decade at least. If they expect to sell another 10M copies in future they can easily justify giving it a touch up to improve that experience and some people might even want to rebuy.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Wouldn’t surprise me the last of us itch gets to everyone I enjoyed the last of us 2 to me they hold up.

lachesis

I think it really depends on the content and what they are shooting for.

If they are expecting flux of new players who haven't played the series - collection would be okay - but to be honest, there are just 2 mainline games.

Would make more sense to market it as "double pack" and sell it for $19.99 w/o really changing anything at this point though.
Or perhaps part of the stand-alone online multiplayer package, as a bonus or sort, and go for $49.99 for all.

Codes 208

It’s also way more than just a framerate boost. It’s a native app, that implements the latest UE4 features. They even went back and updated the Pc version to match what they did for SX.
That’s still not that far different from what weve seen with the mid-gen refreshes. I still wouldn’t call it a remaster as it’s more of a port I guess (though running on the same version as the Xbox one kinda muddies the water a bit for technicality)

point is they have set these kinds of games up for seeing a bump-up in quality as a next gen update so having a remaster just seems pointless. A remaster for TLoU1 I can see however since the last remaster came out early in the ps4’s lifespan and therefor using a lot of older assets from the ps3 version.

Last edited:

Camreezie

I'd rather they spend the time and resources on games that cant already be played on ps5 , both have already have had boosts from their original releases now

Athreous

It'd be a good idea for those who still don't own the games.

But imagine how sales would be if they release both games for PC!

Top Bottom