• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I thought a vasectomy was painless

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Maybe dr_octagon dr_octagon or Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79 can give you a discount
Always open for business, when does he want to come in?
3srjBrn.jpg

No refunds.

killatopak

Will never do a Vasectomy.

There's a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000069 percent chance of me being the only man alive in an apocalyptic event that kills every other man in the world and leaving the women safe just like in those Japanese anime.

Last edited:

WoJ

The other place will be going apoplectic now you've dead named Elliot Page.🙊

onsPWqJ.jpg
Is that actually what he/she/whatever looks like now?

My vasectomy wasn't too bad. It was more of just a weird experience having someone snip and cut things down there and feeling things pull while they did it.

Pilgrimzero

The other place will be going apoplectic now you've dead named Elliot Page.🙊

onsPWqJ.jpg

Didn’t say he was “Ellen”. I’m glad Elliot is happy.

I said I miss “Ellen”, who was one of my favorite actresses.

It may not be correct but for me, they are almost 2 different people. The Queen is dead, long live the King.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can you still creampie without having a baby?
I mean, that's pretty much the point.

It doesn't prevent STDs though so unless you're with a dedicated partner you know is clean, you'll still want to wrap up.

Had a vasectomy done the other day and it was the most painful 30 Minutes of my adult life.

All I’ve ever heard was how it was quick and easy and relatively painless.

That was not my experience. At all.

I don’t know if my doc was just having a bad day or shitty at his job or maybe I’m just extra sensitive down there but it was pure hell.

Anyone else go through this or what?

Did you go to a veterinarian?

K' Dash

Nope - it's an entirely elective surgery. In the US it's not even considered "preventative care".

Lots of insurance companies won't cover the cost of the procedure for these reasons. But it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than having children.

As a father of an 11 month baby girl I can confirm that babies are money vacuums and I do pretty well myself, why wife does not bad at all either.

I got mine two months after my daughter was born and now I won’t ever have THAT thought hanging in the back of my head ever again, that is a relief that cannot be explained, only experienced.

This is not a world to bring children in guys, get snipped if you’re having second thoughts about having children or not having them at all.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The incision didn’t hurt because I was numbed first, but when the resident pulled my first vas out Jesus Christ I about fell off the table. A couple days of ice and I was fine again. Don’t notice any difference now except I haven’t knocked my wife up again 😬

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My wife’s actually brought up getting mine reversed. I’m not opposed to having a third, except for the whole process of getting there. I can’t yo yo my weight anymore and the first and third trimesters fucking suck…

Actually I just had flashbacks to the first 6 months I’m good…

Droxcy

Been reading up about it, seems like it's a hit or miss if it hurts really bad. There's a newer No-Scalpel Vasectomy I was look at doesn't seem too bad but just the idea of it makes me wanna black out.

jason10mm

Gold Member
If they miss with the local then I suppose the operation itself would hurt.

But for me it was 72 hours of ABSOLUTE CHILL on the boys that is critical. DO NOTHING for 3 days, just sit on the couch, use ice, use high quality jock straps, and let the wife and kids do everything from a distance to no chance of a jostle. Most of the lingering pain is due to hemorrhage and bad scar formation because you moved too much. You can always follow-up with a sperm analysis to make sure everything was disconnected properly.

There are way more health risks with birth control pills, especially for older women, and to hell with wrapping it up. Have your kids, get cut, and move into the carefree world of irresponsible sex again :p

Pilgrimzero

Have mine scheduled for August. Making me wanna cancel it

Again, my pain wasn't in my sack where he was doing the cut, it was in my pelvis (behind my junk). I haven't been able to find a reason why my guts decided to freak out but it was BAD. Apparently, what i experienced is "odd".

I have a co-worker who asked to be flat knocked out for his. Kind of wish I had.

SnipeyMcGee

I had a vasectomy and it was certainly uncomfortable, but not painful. Sounds like you had a gruff urologist if you felt a lot of pain. Now, after surgery and the days where I was resting following the procedure it was painful. But you just wait it out, take painkiller and play some games to take your mind off of it. In a few days it's not that bad. I was back at work after a long weekend.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Had a vasectomy done the other day and it was the most painful 30 Minutes of my adult life.

All I’ve ever heard was how it was quick and easy and relatively painless.

That was not my experience. At all.

I don’t know if my doc was just having a bad day or shitty at his job or maybe I’m just extra sensitive down there but it was pure hell.

Anyone else go through this or what?
Sorry bro. I’m a massive pussy who hates injections but mine was easy as piss.

Walked in and asked the nurse where they inject the anaesthetic. She just laughed at me and said ‘where do you think?’

The jab in the bollocks did pinch a little bit but it wasn’t painful.

The Dr. warned me in advance that the first nut would be painless (it was) and that the second would have a strange/uncomfortable sensation that would feel like a tugging (it did) and that afterwards I’d smell my own burning nut sack (I did).

God bless the NHS.

I had some lovely chatter with the nurse and Dr as they were doing it. The poor sod had been performing 20 of them a day for years. I asked him what on earth made him choose this path professionally and he just laughed.

And 30 mins? What the fuck bro? They warned me it’d be 10 mins start to finish but I swear it was only 6-7 max.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Sorry bro. I’m a massive pussy who hates injections but mine was easy as piss.

Walked in and asked the nurse where they inject the anaesthetic. She just laughed at me and said ‘where do you think?’

The jab in the bollocks did pinch a little bit but it wasn’t painful.

The Dr. warned me in advance that the first nut would be painless (it was) and that the second would have a strange/uncomfortable sensation that would feel like a tugging (it did) and that afterwards I’d smell my own burning nut sack (I did).

God bless the NHS.

I had some lovely chatter with the nurse and Dr as they were doing it. The poor sod had been performing 20 of them a day for years. I asked him what on earth made him choose this path professionally and he just laughed.

And 30 mins? What the fuck bro? They warned me it’d be 10 mins start to finish but I swear it was only 6-7 max.

I was there a total of 30. The actual cutting etc may have been 10 or so but it felt like forever.

Top Bottom