• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m playing AC:Mirage and enjoying it. Paid $17 for Ubi+ just to play it among others…. Am I a Loser?

Kakax11

Banned
UMjHM9Q.jpg

masterkajo

Missing the poll where I can click `YES`!

Problem for me is that I don't have much time left for gaming and I cannot finish games in a month any more. I still have to finish
* Zelda TotK
* Cyberpunk 2077
* Witcher 3
* Elden Ring
* Baldur's Gate 3

Does that make me a loser?

Last edited:

BouncyFrag

At the moment I’m tempted to get UB+ to go play AC Unity again as it has fps boost on XSS and lots of people are praising it’s parkour among other things.

ShakenG

Man that game felt like it would never end, it traumatised me 😂

I started watching a review of Mirage and the minute he dived into a haybale I got shivers and turned it off. Scarred 😂😂
You're not wrong and thinking back now, i cant even remember if i completed it 😬
Will have to look through my trophies.

Was definitely very lengthy. But by the time next gen comes around, ill be set for another creed game. 🤣

GymWolf

I did the same to try valhalla (thank god), it is the smartest way to try ubisoft games, they still get some money for the effort and you don't have to put your balls into a mouse trap for paying full price for an AC game.

Last edited:
I'm closer to being a loser, cause I'm considering getting this for the iPhone when it comes out, just to be the first AAAish game I ever try on a phone.
It's more about just wanting to see what it's like.

Will Ferrell Loser GIF

But, not really! Why the heck would you ask that question? Does it make you a loser to listen to music on Spotify instead of buying the record? No, same with any other media. Find a way to play the game that works for you and enjoy it......

devilNprada

Definitely don’t care lol. But just asking among my NEOGAF brothers. They all seem to feel I’m now part of what’s wrong with gaming
A good value for you is a good value for you... I think the issue is not that in itself, it's when it becomes the only option; which may not be the best value everyone.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Fucks sake. What is actually wrong with you man? People arent losers for preordering a game, especially one as highly anticipated as Diablo. You make thread after thread of negative crap on here, and have the bollocks to then call other people losers. Ignore list +1
This!

Esca

Nothing wrong with that. Ive done it with other services. I personally see it as simply renting the game for a month. There lots of games that fall under this category for me that I wouldn't purchase or play otherwise probably

BootsLoader

Banned
Point is, wanted to try this game out. It’s kinda cool so far. There’s 197 AC games. I’ve played only a small handful

Didn’t want to pay $50 just to play this. Felt paying $17 to play it and ALSO have access to Ubi’s back catalog would be worth it

I feel like they have a solid back catalog and I’ll get some FUN out of it. We’re all too harsh on things sometimes. Yeah these are all greedy companies. No denying it.

But I’m just spending a tiny fraction of money. I would spend more if I bought a 12pc chicken bucket from KFC that is good for 1-2 days of pleasure

Where as, I’ll have 30 days of fun with this. I’ll not be keeping my membership (probably) and just use this month to play some titles I’ve not experienced yet

What say you all on this? Subscription services are hated YET they allow me to experience titles I’d have never bought. Ever. Legit ever.
So you played the new assassins creed you cock sucker.

Jokes aside, everyone should play anything they like.

King Dazzar

But just asking among my NEOGAF brothers. They all seem to feel I’m now part of what’s wrong with gaming
No, its the right way to do it. When it comes to all the subs for literally everything these days, be a total slut and sleep around and abuse the sub business model. Buy one month here and then one month there. Its how I'm rolling with all of it now. Build up a list of films, shows, games or whatever you're after then just binge it all, cancel and move along. Fuck em I say.

Maddux4164

No, its the right way to do it. When it comes to all the subs for literally everything these days, be a total slut and sleep around and abuse the sub business model. Buy one month here and then one month there. Its how I'm rolling with all of it now. Build up a list of films, shows, games or whatever you're after then just binge it all, cancel and move along. Fuck em I say.
Bingo. I am a sub. Ubsub. Sub binge and unsub again slut

Point is, wanted to try this game out. It’s kinda cool so far. There’s 197 AC games. I’ve played only a small handful

Didn’t want to pay $50 just to play this. Felt paying $17 to play it and ALSO have access to Ubi’s back catalog would be worth it

I feel like they have a solid back catalog and I’ll get some FUN out of it. We’re all too harsh on things sometimes. Yeah these are all greedy companies. No denying it.

But I’m just spending a tiny fraction of money. I would spend more if I bought a 12pc chicken bucket from KFC that is good for 1-2 days of pleasure

Where as, I’ll have 30 days of fun with this. I’ll not be keeping my membership (probably) and just use this month to play some titles I’ve not experienced yet

What say you all on this? Subscription services are hated YET they allow me to experience titles I’d have never bought. Ever. Legit ever.

dumb and dumber GIF

Animated GIF

Last edited:
No, you're smart for working the system against itself. Fuck paying full price when you can sub and get the same instant enjoyment for much cheaper.

Karak

Fuck anyone for giving you shit for choosing to play a game you wanted to.
Even if you bought it on day one, which I am sure tons did, you are enjoying a HOBBY.
Seriously fuck anyone ever who would have an issue with that.
There are few things, in the entire WORLD, that matter less than what game you are playing. Even less so how you decided to purchase or rent or whatever it.

Last edited:

M.W.

Ubisoft+ is a great deal when games release. I've been enjoying Mirage and Motorfest. I'll probably re-up in December for Avatar as well.

saintjules

It's been a while since I've seen a food analogy used to compare gaming with...

Anyway OP, you're fine. I would have gotten at full price just to to get the disc version, but thinking about U+ so I can play it. Idk though because if I don't finish it within the month it's another $17+ to continue playing. And that's more than half the cost to buying the physical copy.

Might just wait for the sale and grab it.

Top Bottom