• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I still have 9 days of vacation left - help me pick which games from my backlog to play through!

Which games to play through?

• The Callisto Protocol

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Ghostwire Tokyo

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (from the PS5 remaster)

Votes: 72 44.4%
  • Infamous: First Light

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Horizon: Call of The Mountain

Votes: 25 15.4%
  • High on Life

Votes: 30 18.5%
  • The Quarry

Votes: 18 11.1%

• Total voters

Drizzlehell

Banned
Damn, The Lost Legacy is pretty damn fun so far. Good call GAF.

It kinda makes me wish that Naughty Dog would make the next Tomb Raider because this feels more like a TR game than the actual TR, at least in terms of the overall tone. Chloe and Nadine actually sound like they're having a good time doing all that awesome shit in the game instead of constantly moping and complaining like the modern Lara.

Lupin25

Came here to more or less say this.
Lost Legacy is incredible. Better than 4.

Yup

Set pieces are always great, but I had blast in their semi-open environments. Completing each level and section never got old.

Incredible how ND can do this with no compromises in visuals at 60 fps, all the while organically moving the narrative forward at the same time.

MarkMe2525

There really are some pieces of shit on this forum. I really don't understand the need to insult or be condescending to someone due to them not liking the same things as you.

On topic, I really don't have much experience with the games you listed other than High on Life and Ghostwire Tokyo. Honestly, neither one of them stuck and I only put a few hours into each. Call of the Mountain looks cool though.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I'm sorry for you, that's a really terrible list. I hope it's because you've already finished playing all the other games. Among them, Uncharted could be the best, but if you've played just one Uncharted game, you've probably seen that they're all quite similar. If you're looking to try something new, I recommend Ghostwire: Tokyo. You should start playing the game directly without looking at the critics' reviews. I must say that even though combat might seem like the weakest aspect based on the videos, it's actually quite enjoyable. It's a beautiful game with a unique atmosphere, story, and horror elements. I can't speak about the entire game since I haven't finished it, but it had progressed really well until the point where I took a break.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I broke the protocol and played some Forza Horizon 5 DLC today. That recent youtube video also made me want to play some Just Cause so I'm gonna put that on too.

But I still have a full week ahead of me, so I'll probably have enough time to squeeze in High On Life in there too.

Thanks for the votes!

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
All good games, i still want to play The Callisto Protocol when it's on discount. Played couple of games from your list and honestly i think the most fun i had was with High on Life, it's so funny and dumb and surprisingly the gameplay was very good IMO, that's not to say that lets say The Lost Legacy is not great but HoL was so much fun.

Edit: reading some of the replies lol hahaha in what world games like Lost Legacy, High on Life or The Callisto Protocol are terrible or sad list? lol are you only playing 90+++ games or what?
Don't pay attention mate.. some of those games are great fun! enjoy. :)

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
The quarry was pretty fun. Not quite as good as until dawn, but still a decent time.
Yeah i recently played all of those interactive dramas that are part of PS Plus library and honestly i don't like this kind of games but had a good time and my favourites were Little Hope which also looks fantastic on PS5 and The Quarry.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Yeah i recently played all of those interactive dramas that are part of PS Plus library and honestly i don't like this kind of games but had a good time and my favourites were Little Hope which also looks fantastic on PS5 and The Quarry.
I think they're pretty fun, and they provide something unique to play whenever I get burned out on regular action games. The only problem is when the writing sucks, which is sadly the cases for a lot of those kinds of games. Especially the ones made by David Cage, but Life is Strange series and pretty much every other game made by the same developers are also pretty terrible.

Until Dawn wasn't really a slice of kino either, but at least it was self-aware in what it was trying to do, i.e. a slasher movie with a bunch of dumb and disposable teenagers, and it did it very well. Which is why I'd be very interested in playing The Quarry since it seems to have similar energy to Until Dawn.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Get a shovel and make one.
jigglypuff-hmph.gif

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Save some money. Then go the coast and eat Lobster while sun bathing.

peronmls

No offense, with that list you should spend your vacation…. on vacation. Go somewhere, travel, spend time with family and friends.

This. Go have some fun outside of videogames.

None.
Go to a beach or something.
Maybe hike a mountain.
Look all these people projecting their thoughts and ideas because they can’t get vacation time themselves. XD You have to tell others how to spend it. Seriously telling people to take a hike while they are asking what game they should play on a video game forum? Mods should help some of you get outside if you are struggling so much.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Please lean forward, arch your arms backwards as if you were spreading wings, face forward, and then run into a wall at top speed.

Repeat these steps until the urge to post dumbass comments on a message board exits through your ear. Don't worry if a little blood and brain fluid spills out as well - it's all part of a process.
Was it this process that you went through to select games for your list? That would certainly explain why Callisto Protocol is on there 🤔

i still have 6 weeks paid off this year + unlimited sick leave, im ready for starfield
What do you do where you get 6 weeks paid and unlimited sick time?

I've been with my job 7 years, get 3 weeks off and 3 sick days and if you use more than one sick day they mark it for your review to mess with your raise.
Shit sucks, but compared to my last employer, I'm not complaining.

Calisto, it's a fun game. Lost legacy looks nice, haven't played more than first area, it's in my backlog.

No final fantasy, Zelda, diablo4. How about some city builders, strategy, etc... It's your backlog but damn so many other games I would play first

Was it this process that you went through to select games for your list? That would certainly explain why Callisto Protocol is on there 🤔
Judging by the list, it seems like he's a fan of action/adventure games and shooters. I assume he also isn't overly picky or jaded like many here, so he's open to playing a few average rated games(like many here used to play when they were kids).

TVexperto

What do you do where you get 6 weeks paid and unlimited sick time?

I've been with my job 7 years, get 3 weeks off and 3 sick days and if you use more than one sick day they mark it for your review to mess with your raise.
Shit sucks, but compared to my last employer, I'm not complaining.
Australia, but europe as well pretty much i think usa is the only first world country that doesnt have vacation days integrated in the law (and unlimited sick days, i was once in hopsital for 5 weeks and got paid full salary + had all vacation days left)

Top Bottom